Magic Kingdom firework testing scheduled but not a sign of imminent return of shows

jrhwdw

just do a bunch over the the night 4-5 shows lasting 5 minutes or so , random times
That might work... the 90's FITS were just 5 mins I think. 2000's FITS went up to 7mins.

I forgot to add that with the Wishes style and HEA's Lights in FITS That wouldn't be a horrid choice right now, until the doctors greenlight HEA or a 50th Show(whichever comes first)

TrainsOfDisney

True, with a 5 min Warning at least or not even that?
I’m trying to remember. I think they did the 5 minute, but was a few years ago.

I feel like I’ve been at Disneyland when they started fireworks about 5 minutes early as well... to get the show in when the wind was favorable. I know I’ve been at Disneyland when it was delayed! But who hasn’t. Ha.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Surprise fireworks are not a good thing for guests with sensitivity issues to loud noises. And 5 minutes is not enough of a warning since it can take that long to just get out of the park, or ruin a person's place in an exposed queue.

Disone

It's like the Epcot test, but I'll take it!!!

Multiple perimeter tests, Could HEA or the new 50th Show (if we get one) use the launch sites that were planned for HEA before the Fire Ban and HEA in 2017?
This is my guess as well.

Tom Morrow

Fireworks have been known to trigger people who have seen battlefields, especially with how loud the ones at MK really can be, though this is a rare thing of course.

Brian

I know I’ve been at Disneyland when it was delayed! But who hasn’t. Ha.
Karen GIF by moodman

TTA94

Some on here seem to think, despite the promising news of a vaccine, it will be at least Fall 2021 by the time a bit of normalcy hits WDWs... Obviously I doubt even our insiders here know that time frame for a fact, but I am wondering what this would mean in terms of entertainment and nighttime shows returning? Will nothing return until Summer or Fall 2021?

SoFloMagic

Some on here seem to think, despite the promising news of a vaccine, it will be at least Fall 2021 by the time a bit of normalcy hits WDWs... Obviously I doubt even our insiders here know that time frame for a fact, but I am wondering what this would mean in terms of entertainment and nighttime shows returning? Will nothing return until Summer or Fall 2021?
I'm obviously no insider, but I'd guess they'll be able to staff/afford/feel it's safe when distancing goes away. I'd imagine CDC will do that once transmission falls significantly. So maybe if regular people can get the vaccine by April, we could be seeing lower transmission rates by July/August? Then disney would need time to plan/hire/train. Maybe we can start a pool? I'd guess September for fireworks, but honestly a lot would need to go right with vaccine production and distribution, not to mention public acceptance.

LiterallyNobody

Are you thinking FITS NYE for Tomorrow night??
I am Literally Nobody, as my name says. I don't know what is going on tomorrow night exactly, I don't know how many cameras are going to be there tomorrow night, I don't know how many "live" commentators with fireworks going off behind them are going to be there tomorrow night.

I would love to know things like, "there will be a small stage show filmed also during the fireworks", but since I am literally nobody, there is nobody that can tell me these things. It's so sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom