Magic Kingdom Fire Dept Gifts

SerenityinPA

Original Poster
Since the fire house is no longer open, anyone see where we can get a new "Magic Kingdom Fire Dept" baseball cap? We got one in 2010, and my husband's worn it everyday since, and its in need of a replacement.
THanks!!!

FireChiefGoofy

When we were at the MK in October, I found the fire dept. merchandise in the gift shop closest to Casey's Hot Dogs They were near the golfing items. Hope this helps!!

zooey

So, does the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom fire station sell anything now? Or is it strictly where you get the cards? And how the heck are they themeing that? The two things don't seem to fit together at all.

bo duke

Great thanks all!!! We just booked our trip for Nov!! Cant wait!

The firehouse merchandise was moved into the Main Street Emporium.

We were just there last week. I asked where they moved the gear to and was told the Emporium. We went there and I couldn't find it. I asked a CM and they couldn't find it because they moved it. Once she found it, all that was left was one type of polo shirt and two ss tee shirts. I asked if they had anything else and she said no. When this is gone that is it. There were no hats and only one 2x shirt. :confused:

So, does the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom fire station sell anything now? Or is it strictly where you get the cards? And how the heck are they themeing that? The two things don't seem to fit together at all.

They don't sell anything. I was very upset to find all of this out. We came to drop off our dept. patch and it was all gone except for the cases on the wall with all of the patches. They told us we had to go to City hall to drop off the patch and it would be put up. I hope they move that into the FL expansion and bring the FD back.

bo duke

I posted this already but it didn't go so I will try again

The firehouse merchandise was moved into the Main Street Emporium.

This is what i was told when we were there last week.

When we were at the MK in October, I found the fire dept. merchandise in the gift shop closest to Casey's Hot Dogs They were near the golfing items. Hope this helps!!

I couldn't find it so i asked a worker and they couldn't find it. It was moved again. What was left was on a rack by the womans clothing part of the store/strip. All they had were three types of shirts. Of the shirts only one was a 2X. I asked where the rest was and they said this is all there is. They are phasing it out. when it is gone it is gone.

I hope she was wrong and they will be coming out with a new line. I too was there to get a new fire hat and they don't have them. Collectors now i guess.

When we were there last week, we had brought a patch from our Dept to be hung on the wall. It was very disappointing to see that it was turned into the sign up point for the wizarding thing.:mad: And that is all that is in there besides the wall cases with the badges in them. I asked about our patch and they said that you now have to give them to city hall and they will get it in the case. Wasn't happy at all. I really wanted another hat. Hopefully when they open the new FL expansion they will move it out there and bring back the FD.

JIMINYCR

Last trip I went looking for several firefighter's badges to add to my collection. I was directed to the Emporium which had nothing in stock. It's so sad to see the quaint Firehouse replaced like this. The cozy building and it's displays fit in so well with the small town motif. I think Walt would be saddened by this move. I am.:(

Prof Ecks

You have got to be kidding me...they closed the Fire House? You can't go in and see the badges? Did they use the firehouse for that new Sorcerer thing?
Now I am sad.

SerenityinPA

Original Poster
Oh no!! What a shame!! We will be very disappointed if we cant get a new hat. Why would they discontinue the merchandise!? Thats the sort of unique gifts that people are after!:brick:
So sad...

wilkeliza

The firehouse is still open and you can go see the patches but as of now there is no firehouse merchandise. I didn't see anything when we were there in January but I could be wrong. You can still meet the fire chief and get stickers from him. I personally think the way that the firehouse has been used as a training station for Sorcerers is great and like I said you can still go in and look around when it is open for testing and soon that will be back to everyday.

SCfireman

In the past I have gone to the real WDW FD ( Reedy Creek) and bought shirts from them. I don't know if they still sell them or not. It may be an option if you can't find any shirts in the park. The station I bought mine from was across the street from SSR. So if you don't have a car u could take a bus to SSR and walk across the street.

I was so bummed to find the fire station completely closed when I was there the week before last. Every time at MK, it was closed.... :mad: I didn't even think to ask if the merchandise was somewhere else. My son is a firefighter and I always pick something up for him there. Although I did see a new large Mickey Firefighter in some of the gift shops, I saw nothing else new. I had heard it would be closing and they didn't know exactly what would be going on with it, I was still disappointed and surprised to know it was closed. Next time, I'll try that Reedy Creek station...thanks for that tip.

SCfireman

I asked about the FD clothing in the Emporium today. I was told all the shirts are gone and they have been discontinued. If I make it to Reedy Creek FD I will let you know if they still have shirts.

SCfireman

I found a very limitted supply of S and M FD shirts in the Emporium yesterday. It definitely looks like they won't be replacing them. On a good note, I stopped by the Reedy Creek fire station on victory way and was able to buy a shirt from the union there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom