Magic Kingdom Filled To Capacity On Christmas

cymbaldiva

I of course am only speaking for myself, but I don't want to be anywhere NEAR the parks while they're at even close to capacity crowds....

That is several thousand too many people for me! :lol:

Sean23

Originally posted by Quentin Disney
I'd go a bit later. Sean23 did last year and he got in...

Like Quentin Disney said I have been to Epcot the last 4 years for NYE and have always arrived after 8 p.m. The signs driving to Epcot may say full but go anyway, they are not necessarily turning away guest. The only year they were turning away guest was NYE 1999 and I showed the my Premium AP and they waived me right in.

General Grizz

Can anyone tell me what's going on at the Magic Kingdom Jan 1, 2, 3, and 4th? It's staying open later than usual compared to the other parks. Any ideas? :veryconfu

Filling up a park that high of a capacity is great. I also read that someone mentioned that epcot was very busy. Could it possibly be project Gemini. :veryconfu If anyone had a reading on other parks i would surely love to see it.

Invero

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Can anyone tell me what's going on at the Magic Kingdom Jan 1, 2, 3, and 4th? It's staying open later than usual compared to the other parks. Any ideas? :veryconfu

My guess is that it's just the end of the holiday week... *shrug*

figmentmom

I've never been to the MK on Christmas Day, or New Year's Day, for that matter - but I've been there several Easters when it was filled to near capacity, and I have to agree with cymbaldiva that gridlock is no fun!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by figmentmom
I've never been to the MK on Christmas Day, or New Year's Day, for that matter - but I've been there several Easters when it was filled to near capacity, and I have to agree with cymbaldiva that gridlock is no fun!

Thanks Mom!

You as always have stated my point far better than I can ever hope to :)

"Gridlock" is the perfect word to describe it!

kaos

Umm.... it was filled???

I walked right on to BTMR, HM, SM, SpaceM, Alien Enoucnter, Buzz...

and I even had time to go over to Epcot and eat and do Figment.

FP must've really made the attendance lower... and for hotel rooms.. well, I decided to go on the 20th and booked a rom NO PROBLEM!!!

Let's just all watch what happens after the Simpson's on sunday.

thats great news that it was filled,maybe a bigger budget for new rides will come from that. i remember going on xmas day like 3 or 4 years ago and the park was practically abandoned, it was like midnight at me and my parents were the only ones at the haunted mansion-it totally freaked me out since no one came out when my mom knocked until we started walking away and the guy came out and was all,come in theres always room for more and did a freakish laugh. also i was taking all the hot chocolate and cookies,so maybe everyone was mad at me,o well.

pheneix

Original Poster
>>>Umm.... it was filled???<<<

If I were to make an educated guess I would assume that a large amount of guests showed up for the parade and then left immediately after it. It would seem to make sense because the park was only closed for a couple of hours.

>>>and for hotel rooms.. well, I decided to go on the 20th and booked a rom NO PROBLEM!!!<<<

Disney's resort bookings are absolutely abysmal this Christmas when compared to previous seasons.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by pheneix
>>>Umm.... it was filled???<<<

If I were to make an educated guess I would assume that a large amount of guests showed up for the parade and then left immediately after it. It would seem to make sense because the park was only closed for a couple of hours.

>>>and for hotel rooms.. well, I decided to go on the 20th and booked a rom NO PROBLEM!!!<<<

Disney's resort bookings are absolutely abysmal this Christmas when compared to previous seasons.

Your posts are as usuall little pockets of sunshine on this otherwise dull and dreary day:)

Spectroman17

Fastpass is a Joke

Fastpass is a complete joke. When I was a kid, the lines were never as long as they are these days. Instead of 90 minutes to get on Big Thunder Mountain, it only took 15 minutes at most. It does nothing but slow ever line down. Even with a fastpass, I waited 20 minutes to get on Splash Mountain. They should get rid of the whole system.

RandeB

We happen to...

Really enjoy FastPassing. Just to have the option to NEVER have to wait in a long line again is very cool. I personally have never waited more than 5 minutes with any FP, except when the attraction went down, which even FP-haters can't really blame on those little FP tickets.

cymbaldiva

Re: We happen to...

Originally posted by RandeB
Really enjoy FastPassing. Just to have the option to NEVER have to wait in a long line again is very cool. I personally have never waited more than 5 minutes with any FP, except when the attraction went down, which even FP-haters can't really blame on those little FP tickets.

I've had to wait quite a bit with the FP - and no, it wasn't a particularly busy time.

I'm thinking that FP is one of those subjects we'll just have to agree to disagee on. I'm not a fan of FP - for me it ruins the spontinaity of my touring plan! :D

elisa

christmas day

I went into the animal kingdom on crimbo day and it was quite all day we walked straight on to kali river rapids, kilimanjaro safaris, and its tough to be a bug,and waited 5 min for dinosour, and the queue time for premeval whirl was approx 10 min in the standby line we saw every thing in the animal kingdom between 9.30 aned 5.30, went and had dinner and returned to the magic kingdom at 8pm-12mid and only the mountians had large queues, most people left the mk after the 8pm spectromagic parade. (it was also great to be able to see cop and timekeeper!!!)

Tot Fan

Re: Fastpass is a Joke

Originally posted by Spectroman17
Fastpass is a complete joke. When I was a kid, the lines were never as long as they are these days. Instead of 90 minutes to get on Big Thunder Mountain, it only took 15 minutes at most. It does nothing but slow ever line down. Even with a fastpass, I waited 20 minutes to get on Splash Mountain. They should get rid of the whole system.

Did you know FastPass is free?? Anyways, without Fast Pass, that 90 minute line would probably become 120 minute line.

pheneix

Original Poster
>>>Anyways, without Fast Pass, that 90 minute line would probably become 120 minute line.<<<

No, it would have probably been around 60 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom