Magic Kingdom Bathrooms

TrainsOfDisney

I work in a building with hundreds of employees
Well…. a Disney park has several thousands of guests so it’s just a little bit different.

I think it’s funny that Disney can do no wrong with so many except when it comes to the tiles in Morocco- we all agree how bad that is. “Tiles in Morocco will unite us all” the next hit Disney song!

MissingDisney

Well…. a Disney park has several thousands of guests so it’s just a little bit different.

I think it’s funny that Disney can do no wrong with so many except when it comes to the tiles in Morocco- we all agree how bad that is. “Tiles in Morocco will unite us all” the next hit Disney song!
It’s about human behavior and manners. Whether it’s 2000 people not flushing or 20,000 people not flushing, it’s still about manners.

I never said that Disney can do no wrong. Carry on.

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
If everyone flushed the toilet, hit the target instead of spraying all over the toilet, washed their hands and threw away their paper towels, it wouldn’t be a problem. I work in a building with hundreds of employees and no dedicated janitorial restroom staff and yet our bathrooms remain pristine during all shifts. Why? Because people don’t act like animals or self entitled jerks who think others should clean up after their biological functions.
We all realize what you are saying, the reality is that it's NOT going to happen. So Disney needs to allocate more resources for the rest of the paying guests

DW Aficionado

Original Poster

Remember, for a country to be represented in EPCOT they country has to contribute to the cause. Disney just can't pick and choose.

JIMINYCR

But this is Disney, it's supposed to be perfect. We know the status of the bathrooms and I'm sure they do as well. They need to refurbish some of the bad bathrooms and put as many workers on cleanup as necessary. I'm sorry, but IT'S WHAT THEY NEED TO DO.
I totally agree with you. It should be but this isn’t the Disney it once was when Walt ran it. Now it’s more a profit vs loss companies as all the other big player are. I hate the continual comparisons to how it was because it will never be like that again. No matter how you grieve and mourn the differences those are for past days. Just like how you’d compare airlines, car companies, and other industries as they were in the 60s and 70s.
Yes they should be better but that will take a board and leaders that care and now it’s all a matter of money. Accept it as it is or don’t. Your grievances fall on deaf ears when it comes to those who make decisions right now.

Chef Mickey

While I agree with all that, I still blame Disney for not reacting to the situation. Saving pennies and letting bathrooms go to rot is terrible.
Oh, they need to react. The thing is, slob guests literally ruin perfect bathrooms in 1 use. They may get fixed again in 5 minutes, but those 5 minutes are pretty grim.

Chef Mickey

If everyone flushed the toilet, hit the target instead of spraying all over the toilet, washed their hands and threw away their paper towels, it wouldn’t be a problem. I work in a building with hundreds of employees and no dedicated janitorial restroom staff and yet our bathrooms remain pristine during all shifts. Why? Because people don’t act like animals or self entitled jerks who think others should clean up after their biological functions.
The amount of grown men not washing their hands after being in the stall is absolutely shocking. Disgusting slobs.

Chef Mickey

How one acts on vacation is probably not how one acts in their own home since you don't have CMs to clean up after you at home.
Oh I beg to differ. Bathroom habits travel pretty well. There are some disgusting bathrooms in homes.

I am a maniac when it comes to cleaning, but some people look like they've never held a toilet brush. I literally clean the entire toilet top to bottom, the floor, the freaking water shutoff, everything. You can eat off my bathroom floor - so i get that not everyone will do that, but many people have "grown in" dirt because they never clean it. You can't just clean the bowl and wipe of the seat every month.

The amount of bodily fluids, hair, and other nasty *** on the floor is shocking.

wdrive

Oh, they need to react. The thing is, slob guests literally ruin perfect bathrooms in 1 use. They may get fixed again in 5 minutes, but those 5 minutes are pretty grim.

One guest might make one stall messy, leave one piece of paper on the floor and spill a little soap. They won’t trash the entire bathroom.

This would be rectified by having a cast member dedicated to the busiest bathrooms at the busiest times, as they used to do.

TalkToEthan

WAY more important than clean bathrooms are clean tables.

Disney restrooms better be tidy and sanitized. Anything less is problematic and worthy of complaints.

But a filthy table is past unforgiveable——-we eat on those!!

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 22

NickMaio

Remember, for a country to be represented in EPCOT they country has to contribute to the cause. Disney just can't pick and choose.
Dollah, dollah, dollah bills y'all!!!

I hear that's how they pushed out Norway for Arondale.....WDW was asking for a sky high amount of money, in hopes they would bow out.
The ride was being developed well before the movie hit theatres.

JoeCamel

Ridiculous and sad that people need to be told to flush the toilet. Oh, and this goes for both men, AND women.
Maybe Disney just needs to maintain the auto flushers? This is the dawn of tomorrow after all so this is a non issue that has a tech solution widely used around the world successfully

DisneyFanatic12

But a filthy table is past unforgiveable——-we eat on those!!
I agree, but bathrooms go uncleaned for long periods of time, whereas I often see the tables cleaned within a couple of minutes of a party leaving.

I can’t ever really forgive them for the common areas of the restrooms, but to give the CMs some defense, they can’t afford to spend over 30 mins in every bathroom to check every stall. Usually they walk in, check the towels and soap, look in as many stalls as possible, wipe down the counters and pick up trash, and head out. This doesn’t excuse the fact that there should probably be a CM assigned to every large bathroom, or at least one covering every two smaller ones. Bathrooms should be treated the same as tables IMO, which are cleaned absurdly fast in my experience.

DisneyFanatic12

I was at the parks this past week( only Epcot and hs) and I thought the bathrooms were all very clean. Can't speak to mk though.
MK is a beast for them, I think mostly because of the travel time between bathrooms when trying to get through crowds. I don’t know for sure, but Epcot, HS, and AK always seem pretty clean to me. But as far as the cleanest bathrooms go, I’d say TL and BB have the cleanest bathrooms overall. Just not a lot of foot traffic and plenty of staffing to the point they’re often wiping down a bathroom that hasn’t even really been touched since the last cleaning.

mergatroid

People can be disgusting can't they? I've witnessed toilets during HHN at Universal several times that were so bad that you couldn't even work out how they'd got that way. Last year I went in needing a cubicle and 2 of them had excrement on the seat, just resting on it. I don't even know the physics for doing that accidentally, the mind boggles. In the same cubicle there was a mark down the wall where I'm assuming somebody must have thought it amusing to wipe the used toilet paper on the wall (I'm hoping that's how they did it).

Asking Mrs Mergatroid about the ladies toilets there she said they were great, which leads me to believe it's possibly an inebriated male 'thing'?

I did go into the UK pavilion men's restrooms in Epcot one night when the guy leaving said to me "I wouldn't go in there if I were you" and he was right. Just had to hold my breath as I stood at the urinals. Thanks for this thread, so many great memories brought up 🤮

Smiley/OCD

Again, same as with the plethora of overflowing trash cans throughout the parks…someone takes the ten minutes to start a thread and yet can’t spend 5 seconds to snap a picture…
I’m not a pixie duster or a pro Disney guy…read my posts, so don’t even go there…I wanna see PROOF!!
We’ve been there as a family and just the wife and I multiple times and never saw the sights described…call me a doubting Thomas (not my name), but I wanna see it…

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
Maybe Disney just needs to maintain the auto flushers? This is the dawn of tomorrow after all so this is a non issue that has a tech solution widely used around the world successfully
Try to visualize in the men's room. Someone standing in a stall and not lifting the seat....nuff said

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom