Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

justintheharris

What exactly is its market that will make it $600m? It’s not beloved like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, or BatB. And they cut the music. But if it’s a war movie, they’ll have to strongly limit violence to keep the Disney label. Most will be confused by the project and its March release shows little optimism in the project.
You are right about everything except the beloved part. I know many many people who say Mulan is their favorite Disney movie. But cutting the music and mushu (right? he's being cut?) is going to kill the movie.

jrhwdw

You are right about everything except the beloved part. I know many many people who say Mulan is their favorite Disney movie. But cutting the music and mushu (right? he's being cut?) is going to kill the movie.
Is it true about the music??????? If it is, why would Disney do that??????? Granted Mulan didn't have a ton of music in it but still.... Saw the trailer of Mulan today when I went to see LK, Didn't see Mushu, Shang, or that she took her father's armor, She didn't even look like Ping! I may not see Mulan if there's no music!

Saw The Lion King, Loved it! Although there were a couple of moments where I could see some people would have problems with. Like no Mufasa reflection in the clouds,(If it was like a hidden Mickey, I missed it)and Timon singing "Be Our Guest" to distract the Hyenas.
Other than that, it was the same storyline, music, etc, which I expected. IDK why it got low numbers on Rotten Tomatoes, I think it's better than that.

brb1006

A night parade is all I want for the 50th so I hope you're able to find out more 😍😍😍
This is wishful thinking, but I hope the new electrical parade might feature some lesser-known Disney characters or films. I enjoyed how Spectromagic gave some love to "Silly Symphonies" even if it's just "In Name Only" or the entire Fantasia section. I remember one of the older Tokyo Disneyland daytime parades had an entire section dedicated to various Silly Symphony cartoons.

starri42

Is it true about the music??????? If it is, why would Disney do that??????? Granted Mulan didn't have a ton of music in it but still.... Saw the trailer of Mulan today when I went to see LK, Didn't see Mushu, Shang, or that she took her father's armor, She didn't even look like Ping! I may not see Mulan if there's no music!
Mulan vastly underperformed in Asia relative to a lot of the other Disney Renaissance films. Hua Mulan is a beloved folk hero in China, and audiences there did not take kindly to the ways in which Disney cute-d up the story. With the Chinese market so important, they've remade the story a bit closer to the Ballad of Mulan, the original source material.

jrhwdw

Why are people suddenly SHOCKED Mulan won't be a musical adaptation? That has been common knowledge for the last year or so.
Prob because people like me who don't follow movies on this site, just when movies gets into other threads, start to take notice?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mulan vastly underperformed in Asia relative to a lot of the other Disney Renaissance films. Hua Mulan is a beloved folk hero in China, and audiences there did not take kindly to the ways in which Disney cute-d up the story. With the Chinese market so important, they've remade the story a bit closer to the Ballad of Mulan, the original source material.

And there are plenty of stories that have a musical and non-musical version, although, usually the non-musical version comes first.

Also: The Lion King gets hammered for being so much like the original, and now that a live-action version is coming out that takes a decidedly different direction, it gets hammered for not being like the original.

jrhwdw

Yes I suppose it is hard to be an informed individual when you're consistently having meltdowns over theme park entertainment.
I guess I shouldn't have said my last post, sorry! I gotta stop looking on here at 10PM CDT! Rollseyes!

SugarMagnolia75

I really like Mulan and was initially disappointed when I found out that there would be no music and no Mushu. The trailer has changed my mind though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m looking forward to the 50th. And both the interim RoE update and the new show.

@Lee and @articos both reappear at the same time. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!????

;)

<throwing out some bait> Can youse guys confirm the rumor that the interim show is only until the Spring of 2020 and not a full year going into the Fall of 2020? Asking for a Certain Unnamed Site.

TTA94

As for the conversation yesterday about the light parade maybe happening... maybe that conversation should be moved to a another thread?

MickeyMinnieMom

Is there an "official" D23 Expo thread somewhere? When I search for that in thread titles a number of threads come up but I can't figure out which one I should "watch" if any.

ToTBellHop

And there are plenty of stories that have a musical and non-musical version, although, usually the non-musical version comes first.

Also: The Lion King gets hammered for being so much like the original, and now that a live-action version is coming out that takes a decidedly different direction, it gets hammered for not being like the original.

I think different fans are complaining. I prefer for the remakes to be like the originals. I loved the new BatB and Aladdin. The Lion King was just a bad movie that didn’t adequately utilize Beyoncé’s and Donald Glover’s talents and had nonsensical scenes like “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” in the sun. I’m far from unpleasable. I just don’t like garbage. I actually enjoy Toy Story Land, unlike many. Fast and Furious, on the other hand...

We should pause this discussion until we see Mulan’s numbers in 7 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom