Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Glad it’s not a definite no but as other insiders have said, time is running out to green light it.

Forgot who or where the rumor came from, not to long ago, about the parade Still happening and it could even debut before the 50th in 2020? That time frame seems odd... yet so does the new Illuminations debuting next year as well instead of 2021 for the 50th. 🤷‍♂️
Ideally that would be the case and then a Anniversary daytime parade debuts in 2021 along with the rumored HEA update. But what are the odds of that? Lol :rolleyes:. Then again would they want to debut a light parade And HEA update at the same time? Wouldn’t that cause massive crowd control issues?

You've been throwing out a lot of speculation. Much of which has no basis in fact or rumor.

I mean it's fun to guess what WDW might do, but to then start worrying about it is, by definition, baseless.

TTA94

You've been throwing out a lot of speculation. Much of which has no basis in fact or rumor.

I mean it's fun to guess what WDW might do, but to then start worrying about it is, by definition, baseless.

Well one our insiders here did say time is running out to green light a parade. The rest is just speculation of what could happen. It is odd though the new Illuminations is debuting next year instead of 2021 as part of the 50th celebration. Granted the 50th is more a focus on MK than the other parks.

pax_65

Speculation that something will be done to the castle has been rampant since that what Disney typically does for milestone celebrations.

My mind immediately went here :rolleyes:

aladdin2007

Not going to hold my breath for much more than Tron at MK for the 50th, including entertainment. Will be lucky if we get a MiSi replacement from the way things are sounding. :rolleyes: Hope I’m wrong.

you know after being there yesterday I could not help but think it is the most obnoxious soundtrack, They are blaring it beyond normal decimals and its worse than the previous version. If they wanted to save some money or to implement elsewhere this is the one thing I wish entertainment would cut already. But I guess were stuck with it unfortunately. Some main street castmembers dont care for it either, who could blame them, from who I spoke with. The entire thing just needs to go. I could maybe tolerate it better if it had a well done soundtrack but that song is jarringly terrible.

speaking of the 50th, is the tiki room going to get any love? The preshow was not running any fire or water, there was no cast to interact with it over the mic, it was so awkward. There was not even cast there to drop the rope back when it was time and everyone had to wait. The show itself is still looking sounding pretty good though, would like to see the fountain return.

peter11435

you know after being there yesterday I could not help but think it is the most obnoxious soundtrack, They are blaring it beyond normal decimals and its worse than the previous version. If they wanted to save some money or to implement elsewhere this is the one thing I wish entertainment would cut already. But I guess were stuck with it unfortunately. Some main street castmembers dont care for it either, who could blame them, from who I spoke with. The entire thing just needs to go. I could maybe tolerate it better if it had a well done soundtrack but that song is jarringly terrible.

speaking of the 50th, is the tiki room going to get any love? The preshow was not running any fire or water, there was no cast to interact with it over the mic, it was so awkward. There was not even cast there to drop the rope back when it was time and everyone had to wait. The show itself is still looking sounding pretty good though, would like to see the fountain return.
The water is temporarily turned off while some refurbishment work is completed.

Kman101

I actually like the new MiSi ... and I despised the original versions ... but to each their own :) lol

I'm sure castmembers are tired of it though, I guess I would be hearing it blast three times a day ... lol

I'd like the budget spent on this to go somewhere else but for the Mickey/Minnie thing I like it ... (I know ...) ...

Hopefully the Tiki Room gets some love and not another management change ;)

ToTBellHop

SO GLAD that was before Streaming was a thing!!!!!'

Can you imagine watching SADCT, Spectro or Wishes with that backdrop?!?!?!
No. It’d never happen nowadays. Any decorations on the castle will need to be subdued or isolated to the turrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom