Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

pdiddy

If the parks are shut but builders etc can go back to work then shouldn’t it make it easier for them to work on things like Tron etc or are workmen not allowed in at the moment. In the UK construction workers are being allowed to resume work.

Giss Neric

Advertisement
I hope to have a nightime parade for the 50th birthday for Walt Disney World Resort,
To be honest, just a new parade would be preferred, day or night. Not expecting both. I'm thinking it's day cause at night they'll have the castle projection fireworks show I'm sure.

mnelson3

I’m kinda wondering if MK will be closed to regular guests on October 1st 2021 and only open to the Media, VIPs, Etc.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Hey, I'll take that. Never saw it before so it would be new to me.
Paint the Night or MSEP? PtN is a great parade definitely worth seeing, but my ideal is if they were to make a new nighttime parade that references SpectroMagic (the 90s-00s MK nighttime parade). SpectroMagic only ever played at MK, and I think, would be considered the quintessential WDW nighttime parade.

Katelynbird

Paint the Night or MSEP? PtN is a great parade definitely worth seeing, but my ideal is if they were to make a new nighttime parade that references SpectroMagic (the 90s-00s MK nighttime parade). SpectroMagic only ever played at MK, and I think, would be considered the quintessential WDW nighttime parade.
I remember SpectroMagic when I was a little kid. It was great.

brb1006

We deserves a new electrical parade that takes cues from Spectromagic, like Dreamlights did for MSEP.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
We deserves a new electrical parade that takes cues from Spectromagic, like Dreamlights did for MSEP.
Exactly! Even Paint the Night incorporates Baroque Hoedown and it feels like it's the successor. That's what I'd want for MK, just with Spectromagic. John Debney's still around, he could come back to arrange the score!

All that said, it's probably not happening.

I guess I'm very biased because I grew up with a nighttime parade at the Magic Kingdom. Some of my earliest memories are of MSEP when it came back circa 2000-01, and then the whole next decade I watched the 11pm SpectroMagic every year (back when the park closed at 11pm during the summer...those were the days). It's appalling what happened to the floats (though I saw a video in which Ron Logan---former VP of WD Entertainment---claimed they saved one of the fish that blew bubbles and all of the butterfly/dragonfly wings). That parade was a true masterpiece.

Last edited:

JEANYLASER

I don't want Paint the night in WDW. I want Main Street Electrical Parade is the great idea to bring back classic Parade in the Magic Kingdom. I think that MSEP will be perfect for the 50th birthday for the WDW!

Top Bottom