Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
We deserves a new electrical parade that takes cues from Spectromagic, like Dreamlights did for MSEP.
Exactly! Even Paint the Night incorporates Baroque Hoedown and it feels like it's the successor. That's what I'd want for MK, just with Spectromagic. John Debney's still around, he could come back to arrange the score!

All that said, it's probably not happening.

I guess I'm very biased because I grew up with a nighttime parade at the Magic Kingdom. Some of my earliest memories are of MSEP when it came back circa 2000-01, and then the whole next decade I watched the 11pm SpectroMagic every year (back when the park closed at 11pm during the summer...those were the days). It's appalling what happened to the floats (though I saw a video in which Ron Logan---former VP of WD Entertainment---claimed they saved one of the fish that blew bubbles and all of the butterfly/dragonfly wings). That parade was a true masterpiece.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
*Sees people talking about wanting PtN at WDW again*

BBE89E3D-0D57-4064-BB1F-79A260F4FC4F.gif

TTA94

I want a Spectromagic successor, if that’s not possible I want Spectomagic back, I know that’s not happening, left with the choice of PTN, MSEP or no parade I choose PTN.

That’s my thoughts. I want the new parade that was rumored to be waiting on a green light. Good news is that could possibly still happen, but not for a couple more years. That be the case, Id totally be on board with MSEP or Paint The Night for a year or two until the new parade can be funded and built.

brb1006

I don't want Paint the night in WDW. I want Main Street Electrical Parade is the great idea to bring back classic Parade in the Magic Kingdom. I think that MSEP will be perfect for the 50th birthday for the WDW!

We don't want MSEP back at MK for the gazillionth time! That parade is almost 50 years old! Main Street Electrical Parade seriously deserves to stay at Disneyland (where the parade actually originated from).
153e3970c05582da1ddf29bf02b67ab3.jpg

The parade was such bad shape after it's last showing at WDW that the the Pinocchio float for the Pleasure Island section didn't return to Disneyland. According to MiceChat the Pinocchio/cigar store float was damaged on route from Orlando to Anaheim. Another report says that the Pinocchio float also had mice or birds living on that float.

The parade is already showing it's age after it's last showing at DL back in the Summer of 2019.

Last edited:

doctornick

I rather have a brand new electrical parade made for Walt Disney World, and only for Walt Disney World.

I think virtually everyone wants that. But I think most people if given the option of no night parade - which seems the most likely thing for the 50th - or a borrow from DL would prefer to have at least something.

I'd absolutely love to see the parade that was apparently designed already. Hopefully they can put forth the funds and make it happen, but that just seems so unlikely in the current environment, if it was even going to happen before COVID-19.

All that said, if they do design a new parade and make it a "spiritual successor" of a past one, I would much rather base it off of MSEP than Spectromagic. I know it was a MK exclusive, but I'm not a big fan of Spectro.

doctornick

I don't know is Paint the Night is perfect nighttime parade for the 50th?:confused:

If DL isn't using it - which they don't seem included to do in recent times - and MK isn't going to build a new parade, I could see much worse ideas than shipping PTN to Florida. I know purists here don't like the idea, but I enjoyed that parade and think it would be perfectly fine for MK.

Reportedly there would be an issue at MK with the Mac float though, so it might be one fewer unit which would be unfortunate. If PTN were coming to WDW (which itself seems unlikely) and Mac is not possible, I'd hope they could use both the Frozen and the Incredibles floats if both are available. Not sure what the status is of them.

brb1006

All that said, if they do design a new parade and make it a "spiritual successor" of a past one, I would much rather base it off of MSEP than Spectromagic. I know it was a MK exclusive, but I'm not a big fan of Spectro.
Disney already made an electrical parade that was spiritual successor to MSEP. It's called "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights" for Tokyo Disneyland that's been running for 19 years.
latest

That parade was a modernized version of the original version of MSEP ("Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade" ) but with a mix of modern Disney and Classic Disney with a mix of Pixar. The parade gets updated every couple of years and gained a Christmas version in 2007.

Last edited:

brb1006

If DL isn't using it - which they don't seem included to do in recent times - and MK isn't going to build a new parade, I could see much worse ideas than shipping PTN to Florida. I know purists here don't like the idea, but I enjoyed that parade and think it would be perfectly fine for MK.

Reportedly there would be an issue at MK with the Mac float though, so it might be one fewer unit which would be unfortunate. If PTN were coming to WDW (which itself seems unlikely) and Mac is not possible, I'd hope they could use both the Frozen and the Incredibles floats if both are available. Not sure what the status is of them.
Not a fan of PTN's parade music and float selection. Too Pixar heavy and focused more on Disney's modern films. I prefer a parade that uses a bit of modern, but giving some representation to Disney's older films.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes

Unfortunately, Mac’s length is too long to make the 90° turn at MK near the Liberty Bell. Also unfortunately, the Frozen unit was sent to be added to the Hong Kong version of PTN at the beginning of this year. However, it would be much more feasible to borrow PTN and create two new floats than to build a whole new parade.

brb1006

Unfortunately, Mac’s length is too long to make the 90° turn at MK near the Liberty Bell. Also unfortunately, the Frozen unit was sent to be added to the Hong Kong version of PTN at the beginning of this year. However, it would be much more feasible to borrow PTN and create two new floats than to build a whole new parade.
The other new float was the Drum Float featuring Peter Pan.

Last edited:

Po'Rich

At this point, I am so desperate for a nighttime parade that I might start cheering if I see a kid walking down Main Street with a glow stick. Honestly, the nighttime parade was one of the highlights of my WDW trips. I know I'm in the minority, but I was sad to see MSEP go. However at the time, I was hopeful of the parade that would come (I never got to see SpectroMagic, and I was looking forward to seeing what could be developed for WDW). Now, I'm getting a little depressed with the thought that there may not be a nighttime parade even for the 50th (and if not for the 50th, then I don't know why they would ever bring one back).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom