Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhwdw

My thoughts on this thread and the state of MK’s Entertainment now and in the future….

I have a lot of Thoughts! So sorry for the long post!

cspencer96, by Rave… do you mean success? Why????? DL has been without a 2nd/night parade for far too long! To me, it’s refreshing to see PTN get so much Praise after DL last attempt at a light parade.(LM anyone?) Part of PTN success maybe DL Forever which goes right after PTN’s first performance but you’ll get that in MK, TDL AND HKDL,(Granted the times are a little more spaced out at those parks.)

I don’t have a preference on what night parade comes next(Dreamlights, PTN, Redone Spectro, New,)just that MK does it in time so MSEP won’t go dead one day and MK doesn’t have a plan. Sure they can do a night FOF for a little bit but not long term. I rather see a Light Parade. The easiest thing to do I think is go back to PTN’s building company and see if they would be willing to make another PTN rather quickly. While I love MSEP, and it looks fantastic in MK right now, I also know it’s age. I don’t know if a 1977 parade has another 6 years in it.

Didn’t Martin hint at a Wishes Replacement maybe next year? If true, IDK about a 50th Pyro Show but then again, DL did a 45th, 2004 and a 50th show so maybe. Anything new on that rumor Martin?

If TDO can maintain MSEP and wants to move it, it should go to DHS. Then maybe DHS can get DL’s schedule if they want to keep F! and the SWW/Frozen Pyro Shows going and I think they should! If MK hurries with a new EP or just adds FOF at night “for the time being”, DEP at DHS might be a bright spot during Construction…..When It even STARTS!!!! Seriously! When will DHS’s plans be official?!??!?!?!?t

I’m not for dry docking the river boat. Can’t believe it’s even being talked about! It’s such a MK staple along with IASW! I’m sure DL fans wouldn’t go for dry docking Mark Twain! I do think Tiana’s Showboat should have stayed!

My hope for MK’s Entertainment in the future, not just for the 50th:

Keep:

Welcome Show

Trolley Show-PLEASE! Maybe a 50th tag?

Castle Show-LOVE DAWM but rumors are around about a replacement. Should be better than DAWM, not go backwards like Cindybration or CSC(Liked CSC but no dancers) Maybe add a showtime after sunset?

Hub show like MISI-always thought CADCT would work well there after FOF debuted

“2” Parades! Let’s not be like DLP or what DL was before May 2015!

FOF: Still New, Still Great! IDK when FOF will be due to be done but, PLEASE MK, have the new parade ready before FOF closes!

Celebrate The Magic –CTM doesn’t have to stay if MK has another idea, but the placement should. It’s another Entertainment offering, not just moved into Wishes or any new pyro show

Keep the Castle Dream Lights –put them in finale of the new regular Pyro show (if we get one)during Christmastime.

Find a way to keep the Castle Dream Lights Strobes on the Castle year round. That you could run all year!

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Ok, have a little down time here work :rolleyes: ...

Here is a rough idea of what we are talking about above.
View attachment 97183

You can see the 2 new bridges, the river boat dry docked and some sort of waterfall/rock feature. Doing this would open up foot traffic in Frontierland. Instead of dead ending at BTM, guests can connect over the island back to Fantasyland/Liberty Square corridor. Now the only question is, what to do on Tom Sawyer Island?
transform it into paradise falls from UP?

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I would love to see them completely take out the track on BTM and redo the ride like the one in California. The ride is so smooth and fast and the exploding dynamite is so much better than falling rocks that don't fall anymore.

Just another Mountain with non-working fx. Some say these are design flaws, Disney refers to it as "consistency in theming".

Siren

I just read the first post, but I think Disney should try to do something nice for MK's 45th anniversary.

Disney is experiencing a PR nightmare of sorts -
  • Extra Magic Hours not included on schedule for 2016
  • Disney has a secret army of mothers who flood the internet with Disney propaganda
  • Pink Slips at Disney but first train foreign replacements
  • US Congress initiates inquiry into Visa program used at Disney
  • Boycott Disney
  • In a turnabout, Disney cancels tech worker layoffs
  • More $3000 a night bungalows coming to Disney
  • Disney weighs surge or tiered pricing
  • Disney left the middle class behind
  • Disney will serve a $115 dollar steak
  • Avengers Black Widow routinely left out of merchandising
  • Avengers Black Widow shamed
  • Tomorrowland bombs at the box office, stands to lose $140,000,000
  • Disney ordered to rehire workers who refused to wear contaminated costumes
Meanwhile, Universal's press and buzz have been overwhelmingly positive with news of Nintendo, Hello Kitty, new water park, Kong expansion and of course Jurassic World dominating at the box office!

I totally predicted a long time ago that Jurassic World would be a huge success for Universal. Just like I did most recently with Cinderella, Big Hero Six and The Avengers 2 (which was a given) for Disney!

It's funny how all the movies that I like and get excited for perform exceptionally well at the box office.

I never went to see Tomorrowland, it just didn't interest me and ironically, the movie performed miserably at the box office.

It makes me question, whether or not the practice of previewing movies at the parks in lieu of ride attractions, is a good idea. People are on vacation, having a blast on blockbuster rides and world class shows attractions, and entertainment. I wonder if these guests became bored with a simple movie preview, in the midst of all the other park excitement. And, did they in turn, express boredom and lack of interest in the film to others?

Of course, I loved The Avengers: Age of Ultron, but I was disappointed with how Disney handled the Black Widow controversy.

I love Black Widow and she totally deserves more recognition and respect! Disney should have marketed and co branded Black Widow and also acknowledge her in the same regard as her male Avenger counterparts.

It's The Tale of Two Gingers.....

Disney's lead actress Black Widow had a wonderful, engaging role in the film and looks amazing as always, but her character was marketed poorly and also subjected to shaming. So, it's a mixed bag for me.

t99j5w.jpg

In contrast, Universal's lead actress role is clearly defined as the COO of Jurassic World. She is the *boss*, only second to the CEO and she makes all of the decisions. I totally love 'Claire's' white on white ensemble paired with nude heels -- which pays homage to Jurassic Park founder John Hammond's easy breezy style.
nqbbmb.jpg

And, Claire's hairstyle is inspired by none other than 'The Devil Wears Prada' and American Vogue's Editor In Chief - Anna Wintour and her iconic *power* bob.
hwdc36.jpg

And, Christopher Pratt was just amazing!

So, I am elated that Jurassic World shattered all domestic and international opening weekend records, while also succeeding in bumping The Avengers out of first place with $209,000,000 and $524,000,000 worldwide!

The theaters this weekend were all sold out for Jurassic World. The movie was awesome and I was totally scared the whole time. </rant>

Anyway, the Magic Kingdom's 45th anniversary presents a golden opportunity for Disney to leverage this PR nightmare thing that is currently underway and gaining momentum.

The news and buzz surrounding Disney is becoming increasingly negative. And, it's just not one thing either, it's multiple lingering issues presented from different angles and perspectives -- but still *all* mostly negative, IMO.

Disney needs to redirect focus on the parks and the upcoming Star Wars film. A celebration along the lines of A Year of a Million Dreams, that expresses some kind of appreciation toward guests and gratitude toward its workforce can facilitate a much needed positive flow of energy by creating pure excitement among park guests.

I totally believe that plans were already underway to expand Tomorrowland!

2dv4rp1.jpg

"We're doing a little cosmetic surgery on TOMORROWLAND in the Disney parks. We're starting small... trashcans first!" Brad Bird, Film Director

Unfortunately, the Tomorrowland movie totally bombed at the box office, with estimates citing a possible loss of $140,000,000. So, I wonder if Disney will continue with this.

I would be happy if Disney refurbished Space Mountain, with side by side seating and remove the trim brakes and fix the track like they were supposed to in 2009 -- update Tomorrowland Speedway with efficient, clean and green cars -- update the Carousel of Progress with new seating and refresh Buzz Lightyear, I guess.

Last edited:

Sage of Time

Honestly, I'd move to steampunk to Frontierland and just double down on the Flash Gordon-y vibe that Tomorrowland used to have.
A steampunk offshoot (like Discovery Bay!!) would be nice, but leave the classic parts of FrL alone.

I mean, Steampunk Country Bears? heheh

TTA94

Is there a possibility that MK may get the rumored nighttime show AND a new nighttime parade next year?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just read the first post, but I think Disney should try to do something nice for MK's 45th anniversary.

• Disney has a secret army of mothers who flood the internet with Disney propaganda
  • Boycott Disney
  • Avengers Black Widow **** shamed
Meanwhile, Universal's press and buzz have been overwhelmingly positive with news of Nintendo, Hello Kitty, new water park, Kong expansion and of course Jurassic World dominating at the box office!

I totally predicted a long time ago that Jurassic World would be a huge success for Universal. Just like I did most recently with Cinderella, Big Hero Six and The Avengers 2 (which was a given) for Disney!

It's funny how all the movies that I like and get excited for perform exceptionally well at the box office.

I never went to see Tomorrowland, it just didn't interest me and ironically, the movie performed miserably at the box office.

It makes me question, whether or not the practice of previewing movies at the parks in lieu of ride attractions, is a good idea. People are on vacation, having a blast on blockbuster rides and world class shows attractions, and entertainment. I wonder if these guests became bored with a simple movie preview, in the midst of all the other park excitement. And, did they in turn, express boredom and lack of interest in the film to others?

Of course, I loved The Avengers: Age of Ultron, but I was disappointed with how Disney handled the Black Widow controversy.

I love Black Widow and she totally deserves more recognition and respect! Disney should have marketed and co branded Black Widow and also acknowledge her in the same regard as her male Avenger counterparts.

Disney's lead actress Black Widow had a wonderful, engaging role in the film and looks amazing as always, but her character was marketed poorly and also subjected to shaming. So, it's a mixed bag for me.

t99j5w.jpg

In contrast, Universal's lead actress role is clearly defined as the COO of Jurassic World. She is the *boss*, only second to the CEO and she makes all of the decisions. I totally love 'Claire's' white on white ensemble paired with nude heels -- which pays homage to Jurassic Park founder John Hammond's easy breezy style.
nqbbmb.jpg

And, Claire's hairstyle is inspired by none other than 'The Devil Wears Prada' and American Vogue's Editor In Chief - Anna Wintour and her iconic *power* bob.
hwdc36.jpg

So, I am elated that Jurassic World shattered all domestic and international opening weekend records, while also succeeding in bumping The Avengers out of first place with $209,000,000 and $524,000,000 worldwide!

The theaters this weekend were all sold out for Jurassic World. The movie was awesome and I was totally scared the whole time. </rant>

Anyway, the Magic Kingdom's 45th anniversary presents a golden opportunity for Disney to leverage this PR nightmare thing that is currently underway and gaining momentum.

The news and buzz surrounding Disney is becoming increasingly negative. And, it's just not one thing either, it's multiple lingering issues presented from different angles and perspectives -- but still *all* mostly negative, IMO.

Disney needs to redirect focus on the parks and the upcoming Star Wars film. A celebration along the lines of A Year of a Million Dreams, that expresses some kind of appreciation toward guests and gratitude toward its workforce can facilitate a much needed positive flow of energy by creating pure excitement among park guests.

2dv4rp1.jpg

"We're doing a little cosmetic surgery on TOMORROWLAND in the Disney parks. We're starting small... trashcans first!" Brad Bird, Film Director

Unfortunately, the Tomorrowland movie totally bombed at the box office, with estimates citing a possible loss of $140,000,000. So, I wonder if Disney will continue with this.

I would be happy if Disney refurbished Space Mountain, with side by side seating and remove the trim brakes and fix the track like they were supposed to in 2009 -- update Tomorrowland Speedway with efficient, clean and green cars -- update the Carousel of Progress with new seating and refresh Buzz Lightyear, I guess.

@Siren you are assuming someone at TWDC actually cares about the company, As long as the stock price is lofty and the bonuses keep rolling in current TWDC management will continue doing the same stuff, When it all comes unglued the the executive suite will deploy their golden parachutes and float off to retirement with millions in the kitty. Meanwhile the wreckage of the company will be sold off to the highest bidder and many careers will be ruined through no fault of their own.

JediMasterMatt

As desperate as we all are for new things at WDW, the last thing the overall health of the resort needs is that new "stuff" to be located in the Magic Kingdom.

WDW needs compelling reasons for guests not to be in the MK every night.

Of course, this would imply that the powers that be actually care about the guest experience. A gate spin is a gate spin in their eyes.

Kman101

The sad part is, the other parks need to be built out as much as the MK *still* need more things. WDW as a whole has fallen so behind in terms of capacity in the parks ... they all need a lot of work, and even with MK's 'New' Fantasyland, they still need more. But yes, investment needs to go towards Epcot and Hollywood Studios. While AK will still need a few more things, they're getting there and money is clearly being spent on the park.

cheezbat

Personally, I like the idea of building a new walkway/bridge from Frontierland by Big Thunder back over to Liberty Square near Mansion. I wouldn't dry dock the boat though. Big mistake. Just take it in a circle around Tom Sawyer Island. I'd definitely keep that Island, but remove the bridge and the Fort and use that part for expansion. There is a lot of room back there to work with, so a park like MK could really use that.

Of course, I honestly see Tomorrowland getting the expansion before anything this elaborate would happen to Frontierland.

Matt_Black

• Boycott Disney
  • Avengers Black Widow **** shamed

t99j5w.jpg

nqbbmb.jpg

hwdc36.jpg

2dv4rp1.jpg

Because UNI's parent company of Comcast has a STERLING reputation right now. Their customer service is unilaterally lauded as being prompt, polite, and efficient, and the news anchors on their television stations have never been caught lying.

photomatt

Charging $115 dollars for a steak is OK as long as they have reasonably priced options as well. Some of the visitors to WDW could have their servants find $115 in their couch cushions for them, so it's not a big deal. As long as they have reasonably priced options, this isn't too much of an issue. I do agree that the other items you listed could be PR nightmares.

AEfx

Because UNI's parent company of Comcast has a STERLING reputation right now. Their customer service is unilaterally lauded as being prompt, polite, and efficient, and the news anchors on their television stations have never been caught lying.

Eh...I get your point, but I think the difference is: virtually no one who visits UO even associates Comcast and the Universal parks (especially the portions they would even be familiar with, like Comcast cable).

Yet, just as the parks names now suggest, "Disney's Magic Kingdom Park" is inexorably tied to the Walt Disney Company.

So when Disney gets bad press, it trickles all the way down the Disney-branded chain rather directly. When Comcast gets bad press (which happens pretty much any day that ends in "Y"), it holds little meaning to public perception of Universal Resorts.

Matt_Black

Eh...I get your point, but I think the difference is: virtually no one who visits UO even associates Comcast and the Universal parks (especially the portions they would even be familiar with, like Comcast cable).

Yet, just as the parks names now suggest, "Disney's Magic Kingdom Park" is inexorably tied to the Walt Disney Company.

So when Disney gets bad press, it trickles all the way down the Disney-branded chain rather directly. When Comcast gets bad press (which happens pretty much any day that ends in "Y"), it holds little meaning to public perception of Universal Resorts.

Which is EXACTLY how evil masterminds work!

Cesar R M

Charging $115 dollars for a steak is OK as long as they have reasonably priced options as well. Some of the visitors to WDW could have their servants find $115 in their couch cushions for them, so it's not a big deal. As long as they have reasonably priced options, this isn't too much of an issue. I do agree that the other items you listed could be PR nightmares.
isnt the 115 USD steak a deluxe steak for 2 people?
I remember someone already mentioned they had more balanced prices in their offerings (in the boathouse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom