Magic Kingdom, 3 day fastpasses

tiggerlvr

Original Poster
Our family will be in WDW for 8 days in August. We plan to use 3 of those days at Magic Kingdom. I based our fastpass selections soley off of what the kids just HAVE to ride...lol. We are not really interested in rope dropping, although I know we would be able to ride a few more things, we just don't want to feel rushed during our vacation. We are ok if we don't get to ride everything. Here is a list of our fast passes we would like to make, does anyone have any suggestions on what days and in what order we should try and book them? We do plan to be at the park a little before opening, so we were thinking we would do our fastpasses the first 3 hours of the morning. Or would the lines be relatively short that early in the day and we'd be better off getting fastpasses starting around 11?

Big Thunder Mnt RR x2 (would do these on 2 separate days)
7DMT
Space Mnt
Splash Mnt
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Under the Sea

DisneyPrincess5

Our family will be in WDW for 8 days in August. We plan to use 3 of those days at Magic Kingdom. I based our fastpass selections soley off of what the kids just HAVE to ride...lol. We are not really interested in rope dropping, although I know we would be able to ride a few more things, we just don't want to feel rushed during our vacation. We are ok if we don't get to ride everything. Here is a list of our fast passes we would like to make, does anyone have any suggestions on what days and in what order we should try and book them? We do plan to be at the park a little before opening, so we were thinking we would do our fastpasses the first 3 hours of the morning. Or would the lines be relatively short that early in the day and we'd be better off getting fastpasses starting around 11?

7DMT
Space Mnt
Splash Mnt
Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Under the Sea
DH and I are planning our FPs for our trip too so I’m fresh on the topic!

The FP game can be tough. You never know what will be available the days you go to book, and you may not have times you want available to you. And if you see one you like and you take too long to think, you may lose it.

You sound very laid back about your plans which I admire and do the same. Looks like you have a great plan for what you’re looking for. I’d go into your booking day with an open mind, lose plan, and just be open to whatever you are presented with. Remember too that you can book 3 more afte the ones you’ve used are past so you may be able to ride your faves more. Good luck!!!

JillC LI

If you decide to be at the parks at opening, then do not get FPs for the first hour. Book your first one for the second hour, and if the standby waits are short, wait until the end of that second hour to use the first one and continue to do as much as you can on standby. As soon as you swipe that third FP+, you can get on your smartphone and try to book a 4th while still waiting on the FP line for that third ride. Of the rides you listed, I think you are least likely to need the FP for POC so shoot for some of the others first, especially 7DMT.

JIMINYCR

By going to MK for 3 days you should have no problem getting them all in. 7DMT will be the most wanted by others on your list. Followed by BTMRR and Splash Mtn. Space Mtn & Belle can be rated popular after those. PoTC, HM, UtS are the 3 you shouldnt be as concerned with. By getting to the park early youll beat the heaviest of the building crowds, but the earlier you get there your chances are better. After using your first 3 FP+ book your 4th because some of the more popular attractions may not be available to book later in the day.

BoarderPhreak

FP all but one of the must-have rides on a particular day. Then, as soon as you can, head straight to that one ride and hit it while the lines are (hopefully) still minimal. This is where EMH and rope dropping helps, but even without, things are fairly calm at the parks until about 10-11am. All bets are off after that.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
7DMT
Space Mnt
Splash Mnt
Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Under the Sea

The family and I are staying at WDW for 10 days but effectively its 8 days, since the arrival and departure days are such that they're unusable for any activities.

We too have three days scheduled for MK and here's our list, we have a lot more repeats, mostly because that's what my kids want. They love 7DMT and Big Thunder so those are must haves. The others are just icing on the cake if you will :)

Big Thunder
Big Thunder
Buzz Lightyear
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Carribean
Seven Dwarfs
Seven Dwarfs
Seven Dwarfs
Space Mountain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom