Magic Kindom news

FLcastmember

Original Poster
BTMRR speil no more???

The famous Howedy Folks....hats and glasses....wiledest ride in th wildersness speil maybe replaced with the new generic english then spanish one real soon. We ran BTMRR For 2 hours after park close a few weeks ago so that they could get the timeing right on the new spiel, wile i havent heard the new one yet, i was told it was similar to Spash Mtn. BUT diferent then the old one.....bad news I say....more theming gone due to the lawyers.
BTW... the old one is still on for now....

Jerm

Speil

Thanks for all the info Flcm. As someone stuck out on the west side of Disneys' USA it is really hard to get some good info from the East side. One thing about the speil is if it is the same one as the one they jsut put in here at DL BTMRR it is kinda the same as the old one just not as cool. Actually the one they just put in here sounds a lot like the old one that was used at BTMRR in the MK. So fear not maybe you will be getting the same one as we have here.

Jerm

Henning

Hi FLcastmember!

Thanks for these inside information - keep posting...that kind of information is very interesting.

Greetings from Germany,

-Henning

blm07

Its always great to hear there are improvements being made on times. Once I went on Kali River Rapids, and the sign said 30 minutes, but it was really more like 60 minutes. And for some reason when I see "FLICK" I think of a 4 letter word :zipit:

Worldphile

Originally posted by FLcastmember

<snip>

The computer takes the info and can either send a text page to the duty manager in that area with the wait time OR it can automatically update the clock. Every 10 Min, a guest will be asked to do this.

I think the next logical extension of this would be to take the wait time data from all of the rides and consolidate it. It would be fairly trivial to network these scanners and send all the data to a central location/computer.

The chalkboard at the top of mainstreet could be replaced with a computerized version that would update automatically and actually be accurate!

They could add other such boards around the park so that, for example, you could see the wait times in Fantasyland while in Adventureland.

Now that would be helpful.

Re: Re: Magic Kindom news

Originally posted by Worldphile

The chalkboard at the top of mainstreet could be replaced with a computerized version that would update automatically and actually be accurate!

They could add other such boards around the park so that, for example, you could see the wait times in Fantasyland while in Adventureland.

Now that would be helpful.

I actually don't think that a computerized screen would be all that attractive or appropriate for Main Street. Straight ahead you can see our horse drawn trolley and off to the right you can see the high powered latest Hewlett Packard computerized plasma screen with wait times. :veryconfu :rolleyes: :veryconfu

Scar Junior

I think we can all agree that the census is that this technology can only be good news. If done right it would provide for terrific accuracy that could be used around the parks.

mickeyfanatics

If they get rid og Howdy Folks (one of my two favotire spiels) they will receive a nasty letter from me. I tell you, all these blood thirsty lawyers need to stop trying to make money off of their clients who have no common sense and are two stupid to follow the rules. Stupidity is not a reason to be given a million dollars from a company that has always been about safety.

AndyMagic

Great to hear about FLICK being implemented. What would make the parks even better though would be for Disney to use Universal's method of posting wait times for other rides near the current ride you are at. For example at Jurassic Park River Adventure they have a sign with "other rides to consider" like Dueling Dragons and The Hulk with their estimated wait times as well. It really helps when you are trying to decide what to ride next as you no longer have to trek all the way to the ride to see how long the wait is. One step at a time I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom