Magic Kindom INCREASES June park hours, adds spectro's and FitS

FLcastmember

Original Poster
MK has again changed its June park hours, increasing by anywhere from 1 hour to 3 full hours. We have also added 7 more SpectroMagic parades, and 7 more FitS Fireworks to our line-up, all between June 16th-30th.

And as the hours for the first to weeks of June were adjusted up slightly, one hour here and there, and an extra parade or two, all signs point increased hours this July as well. The trend since May has been to post week hours then increase them about 2 to 3 weeks before.

All in all, a good sign, if you ask me. Last year from June 15th to Aug 15th, MK was open 9 to 10 everyday with 9pm spectro and 10 FitS. Note only does the last week of June now finally have 10pm closings, it also has a few 11pms as well.

Now some will argue that back pre 2001, 11pm and 12 pm was standard, we live in a different world now, so last year we closed at 10 all summer long, now we see signs of 11 pm's in June, maybe we can expect 11pm and 12 pms in July.

This is official, but has not yet been posted on WWW.Disney.Com
so for those who care, here they are.....

16th from 8 to 10 added 9pm spectro and 10pm FitS
17th from 8 to 9 added 9pm FitS
18th from 930 to 10
19th from 8 to 9 added 9pm FitS
20th from same
21st from 930 to 10
22nd from 8 to 10 added 9pm spectro and 10pm FitS
23rd from 10 to 11 added extra spectro at 11pm
24th from 9 to 10 added 9pm spectro and 10pm FitS
25th from 10 to 11
26th from 9 to 10 added 9pm spectro and 10pm FitS
27th from 7 to 10 added 9pm spectro and 10pm FitS
28th from same
29th from same
30th from same added extra spectro 11pm

July, so far, has not changed yet.

enjoy :)

wdwcrazy

Thanks for the update, this is going to make a lot of people really happy! Do you have any more details on how they were extended for the first two weeks of June? I'm going to be there from the 10th-15th. Thanks!

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwcrazy
Thanks for the update, this is going to make a lot of people really happy! Do you have any more details on how they were extended for the first two weeks of June? I'm going to be there from the 10th-15th. Thanks!

I have a copy of the original hours, then the admended ones, and now the current ones. But not with me right now, I will post back tommorow with the changes, but the were slight compared to this. An hour here, 30 min there, and spectro and FitS on a few mondays, thats about it.

Currently,
10 is 9-8
11 is 9-10 with 9 SM and 945 FitS
12 is 9-8
13 is 9-7 with eride
14 is 9-10 with 9 SM and 945 FitS
15 is 9-8

BTW, DAK is 9am to 6pm from june 8th to june 30th, instead of 5pm.

JasonCajun

Great news! There is nothing like Magic Kingdom at night, and before the change I would have not been able to see that this time around.

It must mean business is picking up too :)

danesporty

Does anyone know what the hours will be for EPCOT, MGM, and Animal Kingdom will be for June, July, and August? Or does anyone have any speculations? I hope they are open later too. Its good to see the Magic Kingdom hours increasing!!!

i reallly wanted to go at the end of this month. i have to talk my dad into letting me and my sister go by ourselves though. thats gonna be hard:mad:

FLcastmember

Original Poster
ok to answer a few questions....

june 10th eride....yes, my mistake

june 16th and on erides.......yes, every tuesday and friday in june, july, and most of august will have an eride night

park hours at mgm,dak,epcot for june july aug.......june and july is on www.disney.com, I posted Augusts on another thread. Basically, MGM is open to 9, and once or twice a week 10. Epcot is always 9/11-6/9, with later closings christmas and 4th of july. DAK looks like 9-6 for the summer. But there should be some 7pms in there as well.

DarkImage4

OK...so for the man who's been at work since 5AM, June 27th (Friday), the park hours were til 7PM with an e-ride night 7 to 10. Now, with hours extended to 10, E-Ride is til1AM???

WOO HOO!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom