Magic Express Tags without taking ME??

Darcy

We are meeting my parents at Disney.
We are taking the Magic Express (4 of us so 8 tags were sent).
My parents are getting a rental car for all of us.

I don't need all 8 tags.
I know it says you cannot use the luggage service without taking the Magic Express but how would they know? If I gave my parents 2 tags they wouldn't have to deal with their luggage. BUT they are flying another airline. Will Disney see the yellow tags and get the bags???

If I don't give them the tags how long do you typically have to wait for your luggage at the Orlando airport?

Also, our first night we are getting in VERY late. We are staying in one of thier inexpensive hotels the first night. Then switching to a deluxe resort for the rest of our trip. We will have everything we need for that night and the next morning in our carry ons.

I would rather have our bags sent to directly to our deluxe resort. In reality it is only saving Disney effort and us the bother of them knocking on our door late at night because I know Disney will transfer all our luggage for us the next day.

Funny part is they have sent us 3 packages (this happened last time).
All three have tickets for the bus. 2 have tags for the 1st nights hotel and the 3rd set has tags for the deluxe hotel we are switching to.

Phonedave

We are meeting my parents at Disney.
We are taking the Magic Express (4 of us so 8 tags were sent).
My parents are getting a rental car for all of us.

I don't need all 8 tags.
I know it says you cannot use the luggage service without taking the Magic Express but how would they know?

How? Scanners. If your bus pass is not scanned, then the luggage that is assocaited with it will not go to the resort.

If I gave my parents 2 tags they wouldn't have to deal with their luggage. BUT they are flying another airline. Will Disney see the yellow tags and get the bags???

They would pull the bags off the plane, but when the assoicated bus pass was never scanned, the bags would sit in limbo. I assume after a certain period of time they are returned to the airline for "normal" processing.

{quote]If I don't give them the tags how long do you typically have to wait for your luggage at the Orlando airport?[/quote]

I have waited 10 minutes, I have waited 45 minutes. It really depends on how busy it is, where your bags were loaded (and off-loaded) on the plane, and if your baggage has priority handling.

Also, our first night we are getting in VERY late. We are staying in one of thier inexpensive hotels the first night. Then switching to a deluxe resort for the rest of our trip. We will have everything we need for that night and the next morning in our carry ons.

I would rather have our bags sent to directly to our deluxe resort. In reality it is only saving Disney effort and us the bother of them knocking on our door late at night because I know Disney will transfer all our luggage for us the next day.

Funny part is they have sent us 3 packages (this happened last time).
All three have tickets for the bus. 2 have tags for the 1st nights hotel and the 3rd set has tags for the deluxe hotel we are switching to.

You got me on this one. If you put the deluxe tags on your bags, they will route to that resort, but when they get there they will see you have not checked in. I don't know what they do then. They may see you are in your value resort and send the bags over there. I guess you could ask to have a CM put a note in the system asking your bags to be held in bell sevices a day, but I don't know if I would rely on such a thing with my lugage floating around.

-dave

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Quite simply, No.

DME states the following:

To utilize Disney's Magical Express Service, you must participate in both the motor coach transportation and the luggage transfer services ... At the Disney Welcome Center, you will be asked for your airline baggage claim checks and a brief description of your luggage.

Upvote 0

Darcy

Original Poster
Pain

So that is a REAL pain. As I said they sent me 3 envelopes. I guess it could be really confusing in terms of the tags being associated with the tickets. Hope I don't get all of it confused!!!

We actually had one person coming with us change. They told me to just cross out the name of one person and put the new name. SUCH a pain!

This happened last time. We got our envelope and I thought great. Then another one came, then another one, and another one.......

Upvote 0

Rob562

The one thing I *can* say for sure is that if you give your parents luggage tags associated with *your* reservation, their bags will be transported by DME, as long as someone on your reservation takes the bus.
Here's the catch... Your parents' bags will sit in limbo until you arrive and take the bus. Once your bus ticket is scanned as you get on the bus, all luggage associated with your reservation will be cleared to be transported to WDW. You mentioned that you're getting there late at night, so they won't get their bags at all until either late at night or the next morning.

As for using the 2nd resort (the Deluxe) reservation's DME tags, that most probably won't work. You *may* be able to talk to the people at DME and explain the situation, pointing out that it would mean less work for the CMs on-property, but the system might not allow it at all.

More than likely, here's what you'll need to do: Use the tags for the Value resort reservation. When you get to the resort late at night, talk to someone at the Bell Services desk. Explain to them that you just checked in, that you won't be needing your bags that night, and that in the morning you'd like them sent over to your next resort.

They may be able to tag them for resort transfer right away, but a safer bet would have them hold them until the morning. Then stop by the Bell Services desk in the morning, have them get your luggage and tag it for resort transfer. You'll get receipts for the bags. Then off you go to the parks for the day, and your bags should be at the Deluxe resort when you get there in the afternoon.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom