Magic bands?

SCB1012

Original Poster
Taking our 4yo twins to WDW in late March. Haven't been obviously since before them (twins in the NICU then COVID then life happened haha) and Magic Bands used to be sent to you. Now I know I have to buy them, but all of the options seem to be the $40 ones? How do you buy just the plain colored ones like they used to have? My husband loves Disney but doesn't really want a "themed" Magic Band haha. Thanks in advance!

SCB1012

Original Poster
So is it just easiest to wait until we get there? I see that I can buy them on MDE for a cheaper price, but there aren't very many choices that aren't character or glittery.

Raxel7851

You can buy them at each resort in the gift shops or at Disney Springs. I’m not sure what the price is on the plain color ones. The front desk CM can help you set them up for your stay.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Either buy what they have at the discounted rate, watch to see if they get plain colors back and then buy at the discounted rate, wait til you get there and then buy at full price, or use your old bands and only buy new ones for the kids.

WDW_Emily

Keep checking back! They change often. My boyfriend is the exact same way and last year we just kept waiting for the solid black to appear. You can pick magic bands up to a month before your trip I believe

NelleBelle

The OP never stated if she's staying onsite or off, which does make a difference on whether or not she can order off of MDE or not. We're staying offsite this trip and will likely swing by DS to pick up some new MB for at least DH and our boys. I know some have reported ordering MBs off Amazon and even Ebay.

Ayla

Taking our 4yo twins to WDW in late March. Haven't been obviously since before them (twins in the NICU then COVID then life happened haha) and Magic Bands used to be sent to you. Now I know I have to buy them, but all of the options seem to be the $40 ones? How do you buy just the plain colored ones like they used to have? My husband loves Disney but doesn't really want a "themed" Magic Band haha. Thanks in advance!
Are you staying onsite? If you are and your disney resort stay is linked to your MDE, the cheaper band price will show automatically. Inventory (weirdly) changes all the time, so keep checking. When I ordered mine, I had all the plain options available.

If you aren't staying onsite but still want to purchase a magicband, you can buy them at any Disney resort, park or Disney Springs for full price.

Diamond Dot

The OP never stated if she's staying onsite or off, which does make a difference on whether or not she can order off of MDE or not. We're staying offsite this trip and will likely swing by DS to pick up some new MB for at least DH and our boys. I know some have reported ordering MBs off Amazon and even Ebay.
I wouldn't touch anything like that off Ebay, 99% of pins being sold are fakes, so who is to say the MBs aren't or if they are pre owned they may not work as they do have a limited life on them, If you are definitely going to Disney buy from the DS or get a discounted one from MDE, because if you buy one on Ebay you won't know until you get to the parks to see if it works and then it'll be too late.

NelleBelle

I wouldn't touch anything like that off Ebay, 99% of pins being sold are fakes, so who is to say the MBs aren't or if they are pre owned they may not work as they do have a limited life on them, If you are definitely going to Disney buy from the DS or get a discounted one from MDE, because if you buy one on Ebay you won't know until you get to the parks to see if it works and then it'll be too late.
Merely pointing out that there are other places to purchase MBs that directly from Disney. I personally would be hesitant to purchase a MB off eBay (pins are a whole other thing) just because you couldn't verify how old it is, etc. But I do know several friends who've purchased them and had no issue. I'd definitely "buy at your own risk"! 🤔

Diamond Dot

Merely pointing out that there are other places to purchase MBs that directly from Disney. I personally would be hesitant to purchase a MB off eBay (pins are a whole other thing) just because you couldn't verify how old it is, etc. But I do know several friends who've purchased them and had no issue. I'd definitely "buy at your own risk"! 🤔
Caveat Emptor.

OG Runner

They also sell them on-line at the Disney Store. Plain ones.

OG Runner

Usually yes, but not at the moment.

Wow, that is amazing. I know this would be a stretch, but if you went before the twins were born, you may
be able to reuse the magic bands you had from previous trips. During my trip in January we reused MagicBands
from 2020.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Wow, that is amazing. I know this would be a stretch, but if you went before the twins were born, you may
be able to reuse the magic bands you had from previous trips. During my trip in January we reused MagicBands
from 2020.
Not "may." "Definitely will."

You can use old bands and they'll work for everything except on-ride photos, since that requires a live battery. The Mickey touchpoints do not require a live battery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom