Magic bands for admittance, dining, and shopping, but NOT rides...would you buy?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
i think this is an interesting idea but one that would likely never come to fruition for the reasons people are mentioning + they essentially have this already in disney springs + if people are already paying what they are asking to get into the park and potentially do exactly what you are suggesting, why charge them less to do it with more red tape? simply, "if it ain't broke (and it's already profitable), why fix it?"

that said, i would love to see an "after 4pm" (or whatever time) ticket. many times staying at the beach club it would be nice to walk into epcot and have dinner and stroll WS. there used to be (or maybe still is?) this option for people attending conventions at wdw.
FL residents can buy an Epcot After 4 Annual Pass. https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/florida-resident-epcot-after-4pm-annual-pass.htm

dreamfinder

This is basically a return to the ticket books. Buying a ticket book included one ticket that was good for park admission, and then a bunch of tickets for the rides/attractions. Some people have speculated that as they continued down the road of having FP+ for everything, that such a system might return as it could be handled via Magic Bands.

And believe it or not, there is precedence for doing a person match before entering the line. Shanghai Disneyland takes your picture on entering the park, and the CM has to validate it against the person entering the FP line. So not unheard of.

The Mom

Premium Member
Didn't they used to have this? Like a shopping pass? You got in for like an hour for free?

Yes, they had it, It was a long time ago - back when items were not so generic, and were of higher quality. I still have a hammered brass and wood fireplace bellows that I purchased in the Morocco pavilion 30 years ago, along with other items that were not available outside of WDW. But those days are long gone.

Jonathan Dalecki

Original Poster
Assuming it isn't underwater in 25 years when we retire, my wife and I are moving to Cocoa Beach :) We'll definitely be Annual Passholders then for sure.

Bpmorley

Inspired by a thread in the Dining Forum regarding whether you need park admission to dine at a park restaurant (you do, obviously), I got to thinking. What if Disney had a special Magic Band that would grant admission to the park and allow you to shop & dine (and enjoy the ambiance) but would not allow you onto any ride or into any show. Would people be willing to buy them? Disney could price them differently than regular park tickets, obviously. The older I get the more I wish there was such a thing. I'd have just as much fun relaxing with a funnel cake by the World Showacase Lagoon as I would riding Mission: Space.
I think it's a great idea. I don't think it would even be that hard to do. People with FPs usually scan their MB going into the queue and at the end. Just have a turnstile that won't turn until you put your band on it. Then someone with a non-ride MB wouldn't be permitted thru.

Ladybat

I don't think this will ever become reality. And I wouldn't want it to. Let's set aside the pricing issue for a moment. Disney has a big enough problem with crowd size today. Crowd size impacts more than just ride wait times. It impacts ADR's, viewing areas for parades and fireworks, QS spots, and in general just overall congestion.

ADR's would become harder to obtain, the parks would be more crowded, and overall guest satisfaction would diminish.
Sorry for being off topic but I just wanted to say....Scorp16..... that is one scary Avatar you have there.😯 But..... I like it.👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom