Magic Bands and cards?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all,

We are traveling at the end of Feb and if I go to my magic bands, I have both my magic bands and a park ticket with a code. Does this mean I am getting both the bands and the card. Does this mean you can double dip the fast passes? Or are they doing this just as a back up if the bands go hay-wire and don't work?

Thanks!

Betsyboo

Are you saying you have a KTTW card showing? I had one showing up but it was from my last trip. There was a bit of a discussion yesterday about KTTW cards and someone said they thought they wouldn't be issued after January 12th but I believe it was rumor. I know a couple of the value resorts aren't issuing them at all now.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Are you saying you have a KTTW card showing? I had one showing up but it was from my last trip. There was a bit of a discussion yesterday about KTTW cards and someone said they thought they wouldn't be issued after January 12th but I believe it was rumor. I know a couple of the value resorts aren't issuing them at all now.

I am assuming that is what they are indicating it is. It shows a band and a card with a number. I thought at first it was a photopass card for the photopass plus we have but then there is a different number for my and my DH. So I assume it is a key to the world card.

Upvote 0

luv

You might not have noticed, but there is an entire board here devoted to FPP, MDE and magic bands. I'm not trying to be snarky! Just wanted to point it out for you, if you missed it!!!

Upvote 0

JohnD

No, you can't double dip. Everything is tied together. KTTW cards can no longer be used at FP+ kiosks anyway. You can still request a card for your ticket/AP with a character on it but that is just an alternative means for park/FP+ access anyway. I recommend having the cards handy anyway in case you have issues with the MB.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

We are traveling at the end of Feb and if I go to my magic bands, I have both my magic bands and a park ticket with a code. Does this mean I am getting both the bands and the card.

No - this is your Magic Band and your theme park admission only.

You won't know if you are getting a KTTW card until you arrive and you know for sure if your resort is still giving out cards (although they will if you ask them for one) - that being said, the cards they are giving out now from those resorts do not have access to the old FP machines.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I am assuming that is what they are indicating it is. It shows a band and a card with a number. I thought at first it was a photopass card for the photopass plus we have but then there is a different number for my and my DH. So I assume it is a key to the world card.
More than likely it is an old KTTW card from a prior vacation. I have several old KTTW cards in my MDE account. It is impossible to delete them.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
You might not have noticed, but there is an entire board here devoted to FPP, MDE and magic bands. I'm not trying to be snarky! Just wanted to point it out for you, if you missed it!!!
Thanks - I do tend to default to my main two boards so no, I haven't noticed that there is a new board devoted to this. Thanks!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
No, you can't double dip. Everything is tied together. KTTW cards can no longer be used at FP+ kiosks anyway. You can still request a card for your ticket/AP with a character on it but that is just an alternative means for park/FP+ access anyway. I recommend having the cards handy anyway in case you have issues with the MB.

That's what I figured. That its a back up if the MB go wacky and don't work. I will have them as a back up for sure.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
No - this is your Magic Band and your theme park admission only.

You won't know if you are getting a KTTW card until you arrive and you know for sure if your resort is still giving out cards (although they will if you ask them for one) - that being said, the cards they are giving out now from those resorts do not have access to the old FP machines.

Thanks - The card shows up under my disney experience along with the bands which have said have already been ordered. I guess we will wait until check in to see if we get the cards as well.

Upvote 0
Just some info:

I had MB and preset all my Fastpass + selections. On the third day I had selected FP for Hollywood Studios. Later that day we went back to MK and I was able to get FP for Buzz Lightyear SRS with my actual annual pass card. Don't know if this was because my FP+ selections were for another park or if it was a glitch, but I got both! This was as of 12/27/13.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Just some info:

I had MB and preset all my Fastpass + selections. On the third day I had selected FP for Hollywood Studios. Later that day we went back to MK and I was able to get FP for Buzz Lightyear SRS with my actual annual pass card. Don't know if this was because my FP+ selections were for another park or if it was a glitch, but I got both! This was as of 12/27/13.

Thanks! I did notice this that if you go to two parks in one day, you can't pick FP's at both parks and that was kind of a bummer.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Just some info:

We too were able to get paper fastpasses with our APs in addition to the FP+. As long as there are paper fastpass machines in operation and you have a valid ticket media card, you can ''double dip''. But this can end at any time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom