Magic Band Sizing and petite adults

cw1982

Original Poster
Wow, Disney really did a great job of making sure that the magic bands would fit everyone!

I'm likely going to have to take the outer part off of mine to make it fit my wrist... not something I thought I'd have to do at 31 years old! Not that I'm complaining... I'm just a little apprehensive about punching it out of place because I don't want to regret that later for some reason. But then again, having all that extra rubber bulking up my wrist from having it overlap so much would likely annoy the tar out of me, so I may as well go ahead and do it.

Any other adults end up doing this? I had assumed that was really meant to be more of a way to make the bands fit kids and adults alike, but in my case, I'll likely be sporting the "kiddie sized" band, as DH just called it. :hilarious:

TheMouseFan

Wow, Disney really did a great job of making sure that the magic bands would fit everyone!

I'm likely going to have to take the outer part off of mine to make it fit my wrist... not something I thought I'd have to do at 31 years old! Not that I'm complaining... I'm just a little apprehensive about punching it out of place because I don't want to regret that later for some reason. But then again, having all that extra rubber bulking up my wrist from having it overlap so much would likely annoy the tar out of me, so I may as well go ahead and do it.

Any other adults end up doing this? I had assumed that was really meant to be more of a way to make the bands fit kids and adults alike, but in my case, I'll likely be sporting the "kiddie sized" band, as DH just called it. :hilarious:
I also had to do that! I worried about it also, but was so glad once I did! I couldn't even fasten it myself very easily because of all the extra length on it. I didn't have any issues at all with it once I made it smaller! Have a great trip!!

cw1982

Original Poster
I also had to do that! I worried about it also, but was so glad once I did! I couldn't even fasten it myself very easily because of all the extra length on it. I didn't have any issues at all with it once I made it smaller! Have a great trip!!

Ok... your response just made me giggle because I'm also having a hard time snapping it on due to all that extra length.

Sounds like I'll end up taking off the extra!

And thanks! :)

ratherbeinwdw

I just cut mine across and rounded it off right after the first hole on the gray part and it fit fine. I wanted to be able to move it on my arm and if I peeled back the colored part it was too snug.

cw1982

Original Poster
I just cut mine across and rounded it off right after the first hole on the gray part and it fit fine. I wanted to be able to move it on my arm and if I peeled back the colored part it was too snug.

That's a good point too. I could just cut off the part I don't need so that I still have a two-toned band ;)

I don't like for my bracelets, watches, etc to be too loose on my arm. I prefer for them to not move much if at all.

Silly question though: how did you know it would be too snug if you peeled back the colored part? Can you peel it off and put it back on again? Mine fits like a glove when I have both pegs on the end of the colored part, but with the extra rubber removed it should be perfect and still give me a little wiggle room.

ninjaprincesst

The first magic band I got, I tried my daughters peeled off one first, and it was fine so I took mine off and it fits fine, and I am in no way tiny or petite

cw1982

Original Poster
The first magic band I got, I tried my daughters peeled off one first, and it was fine so I took mine off and it fits fine, and I am in no way tiny or petite

Sigh... the only other band I have is DH's, and he definitely won't need to peel the extra off of his lol.

ratherbeinwdw

That's a good point too. I could just cut off the part I don't need so that I still have a two-toned band ;)

I don't like for my bracelets, watches, etc to be too loose on my arm. I prefer for them to not move much if at all.

Silly question though: how did you know it would be too snug if you peeled back the colored part? Can you peel it off and put it back on again? Mine fits like a glove when I have both pegs on the end of the colored part, but with the extra rubber removed it should be perfect and still give me a little wiggle room.
I have four of them so I peeled one.

Daxiegirl

I was considering them but hadn't even thought of the size of the MB's. I'm glad you brought it up. I'll likely have to adjust mine since my wrists are small too.

cw1982

Original Poster
Hahaha!!! I was just searching for pictures of the cover bands, and this image came up! This is funny to me because this is the exact set of colors DH and I got... and, like the pic, mine will probably end up being "kid's size" lol :hilarious:

images

Rob562

I'd say try at find the size that seems to fit your wrist. If you can get both pegs into the color portion of the Band, then you can remove all of the black portion to make it the small size.

But if you're at one or both pegs just into the black section, it might fit better to cut some or all of the excess black away rather than remove it entirely. Just be prepared to do some rounding/filing/sanding work on the edges of the part you cut away so that there's no sharp corners poking into your wrist.

-Rob

cw1982

Original Poster
Yeah, even with the extra overlapping, both pegs are comfortably on the pink part. I think I'm going to end up using the smaller section. I hate feeling like things are too big on my wrist.

LucyK

Are your bands being shipped home? I'm reading a lot of complaints about rough and even sharp edges of the smaller band. When you peel of the outer section of the band take a nail file and smooth it all out so you won't hurt your wrist.

Even though I'm on the heavier side I have tiny wrists and will probably have to use the smaller band as well. They should make cover bands for kids sized bands, it's strange they haven't thought about it yet.

durangojim

My 6 yo and 8 yo prefer the bands as the larger size. I don't think it's necessary to make the smaller and if they're tighter they might cause sweating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom