Magic Band+ Glow with the Show at WDW

Stupido

It worked with the Halloween firework show, so if they programed a limited time show, I'm sure they'd program all shows.

NelleBelle

How can you tell when purchasing a magic band+ if it is a "glow with the show"? Was kind of browsing through some but didn't see anything specific mentioned of the band's "special features"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How can you tell when purchasing a magic band+ if it is a "glow with the show"? Was kind of browsing through some but didn't see anything specific mentioned of the band's "special features"
They’re all the same…

Saw what I hope to be my last look at the kraken last week with a couple of these near by…

It kinda made pal Mickey look revolutionary like the space shuttle 🤪

NelleBelle

They’re all the same…

Saw what I hope to be my last look at the kraken last week with a couple of these near by…

It kinda made pal Mickey look revolutionary like the space shuttle 🤪
Good to know I don't have to choose something with "fireworks" on it just because I want it to interact during the fireworks! 🤣 Now if I can just be patient and wait to see what comes out closer to our trip in Sept. instead of getting something now!

ppete1975

How are the batteries holding up on Magicband+ I know originally they werent lasting that long especially if you played the missions in galaxy edge, have they fixed it with updates or firmware?

NelleBelle

yes, i havent been since the new ones came out. But I have seen quite a few articles that had them only lasting 3 hours when they first came out. Supposedly the batuu bounty hunter game was eating up the battery life as an example. Not sure what websites are not frowned upon, but I found them while searching magicband+ battery life
Hopefully that's been fixed, otherwise are you able to bring a MB2 into the park as well (as a backup) or do you have to use the same band that you tapped in with?

ppete1975

Hopefully that's been fixed, otherwise are you able to bring a MB2 into the park as well (as a backup) or do you have to use the same band that you tapped in with?
Im hoping someone has experience with it on here. But as far as needing a backup you really shouldnt need one. The hotel key, park entrance, credit card, and I think the photos (someone correct me if I am wrong) will work forever its more like the chip on your credit card.

RememberWhen

The MagicBand+ should work for things that you tap, even if the battery dies, I believe.

We used them in August and didn’t have a problem with them dying, but also didn’t spend a ton of time interacting with stuff. We waved at some statues. And played the Star Wars game a little. I don’t remember charging them in the parks, though maybe we did, but they were always low battery by the time we got back to our room so we charged them overnight.

JaxFLBear

Im hoping someone has experience with it on here. But as far as needing a backup you really shouldnt need one. The hotel key, park entrance, credit card, and I think the photos (someone correct me if I am wrong) will work forever its more like the chip on your credit card.
Manual linking of photos will work for virtually forever. Automatic linking of ride photos requires the internal battery to have a charge.

CaptainAmerica

yes, i havent been since the new ones came out. But I have seen quite a few articles that had them only lasting 3 hours when they first came out. Supposedly the batuu bounty hunter game was eating up the battery life as an example. Not sure what websites are not frowned upon, but I found them while searching magicband+ battery life
Those were anomalies. The battery life isn't GREAT, but it's a lot better than it was when bloggers were testing them on launch day doing nothing but Batuu Bounty Hunters all day, which isn't exactly the typical use case.

You could bring a backpack full of 10 bands and rotate them interchangeably throughout the day and everything should work just fine.

The band doesn't actually access anything. Your My Disney Experience profile does the "accessing." So any band that points to your profile will give you access to anything your profile should have access to.

ppete1975

Those were anomalies. The battery life isn't GREAT, but it's a lot better than it was when bloggers were testing them on launch day doing nothing but Batuu Bounty Hunters all day, which isn't exactly the typical use case.

You could bring a backpack full of 10 bands and rotate them interchangeably throughout the day and everything should work just fine.

The band doesn't actually access anything. Your My Disney Experience profile does the "accessing." So any band that points to your profile will give you access to anything your profile should have access to.
Thank you for the info. So a full charge should last me a full day (dont plan on doing the bounty hunter stuff) and just charge at night?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom