Magic Band and Lost Kid

DisneyFanatic12

You can. Idk if it could be that many characters though.
True, I don’t know the character limit either. And I’m sure their machine is only one font size…

After a google search, it can be nine characters… guess the kids gotta remember the area code… 😂

Could always just sharpie the number along the fastening strap though… just in case they don’t have an IPad with them.

If all else fails though, Disney is usually exceptionally good at finding lost parents, so that should provide some extra peace of mind.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

I don't think that people give their kids enough credit. A 12 year old should easily be able to figure out going to a cast member if they can't find you. They should also have your phone number memorized.
Look at what an 11 year old girl just did, she kept her 3 siblings ALIVE in the Amazon for 40 days using her hair tie. I think that a 12 year old will be fine at WDW if he loses track of you.

SingleRider

True, I don’t know the character limit either. And I’m sure their machine is only one font size…

After a google search, it can be nine characters… guess the kids gotta remember the area code… 😂

Could always just sharpie the number along the fastening strap though… just in case they don’t have an IPad with them.

If all else fails though, Disney is usually exceptionally good at finding lost parents, so that should provide some extra peace of mind.
I want to say 9 is the character limit but not 100% sure.

allgiggles

I know your trip is over, but I thought I'd post this for your next trip or for others who might be reading this thread. I'm always worried about losing my cell phone when we're at Disney. So last year before we went, I got a phone lanyard. There are many options out there, but I got this one. I don't like having something heavy hanging around my neck, so I would loop the lanyard through a belt loop on my shorts and keep the phone in my pocket. At least I knew that if the phone fell out of my pocket or I dropped it while using it, it was still tethered to me. I also use it at HS football games because I've seen more than one cell phone get dropped and fall below the bleachers.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Could always just sharpie the number along the fastening strap though…
Just use the sharpie to write your number directly onto the child!

More seriously I’m sure I’ve read somewhere of a parent who used temporary tattoos to mark their details into their child.

Kingoglow

Since your child is 12, let them have their phone in the park, or alternatively make them wear a watch. Let them go off and enjoy their day with instructions to call or meet up with you every 2-3 hours. A 12-year-old can easily keep up with this ask.

I was 8 when I first visited (around '86 as well). I supervised my younger brother all day in the MK and we only met up with our parents twice; once for lunch and once to go back to the hotel. Best day ever!

Kingoglow

I don't think that people give their kids enough credit. A 12 year old should easily be able to figure out going to a cast member if they can't find you. They should also have your phone number memorized.
Look at what an 11 year old girl just did, she kept her 3 siblings ALIVE in the Amazon for 40 days using her hair tie. I think that a 12 year old will be fine at WDW if he loses track of you.

I totally agree. a 12-year-old is in fifth grade. That kid should already have learned a phone number and has enough sense to recognize and address a Cast Member. That kid can be home alone and supervise younger kids.

jaklgreen

I totally agree. a 12-year-old is in fifth grade. That kid should already have learned a phone number and has enough sense to recognize and address a Cast Member. That kid can be home alone and supervise younger kids.
Twelve year olds are typically in the 7th grade, junior high. But I get your sentiment. By the time that I was 10, I was riding around the neighborhood on my bike and going to the grocery store for my mom. I would order deli meat at the counter and pick out vegetables and fruits on my own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom