Magic back in the US!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
The Disney Magic has completed its Trans-Atlantic sailing and is docked in NYC today. This picture was taken this morning by another person who works for my company.

jme

Agreed. Being this far north I find the NYC cruises to be too cool-weather for my taste, but I would definitely be into something in the late May-August time frame out of NYC

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Do they spruce up the terminal at all?
I haven't been to the Manhattan terminal since June, but it was not any better than usual at that point. When I sailed DCL out of NYC way back in 2012, they put up some posters, and Minnie was there to greet people who were waiting to board. But there was no permanent improvements to the facility.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I’m looking forward to hearing what @lostpro9het has to say about the Bermudan he is on now in regards to weather. Wednesday night we had high, high wind speeds and gusts for the final night. Prior to that, the captain did an amazing job during the day to skirt the gnarly weather and minimized the amount of them in the system.

Even though I'm close by PC, I would love to do a sailing out of NYC!

It is undoubtedly the best sail-away they do in NA. Getting away from land takes a bit, also. It is definitely a cruise where late dining is better so you do not miss any of the sights

PMC0849

We saw the ship docked there on the way to my daughters swim lessons. It inspired us to book a cruise out of NYC next October! We're very excited.

lostpro9het

I’m looking forward to hearing what @lostpro9het has to say about the Bermudan he is on now in regards to weather. Wednesday night we had high, high wind speeds and gusts for the final night. Prior to that, the captain did an amazing job during the day to skirt the gnarly weather and minimized the amount of them in the system.

Wednesday flying up was pretty horrible. Thankfully we got an earlier flight up and only had to deal with the start of the storm. NYC was under water that night.

Thursday was windy and cool heading to port. The skies were mostly clear but you could see the water was choppy. The NYC port is pretty plain with a few DCL banners hear and there and I think they would do good to rethink how they situate folks prior to boarding. There is a horrible bottle neck at the boarding entrance. Sail away party was windy but not really cold. We stood on top deck the whole time and got some great pictures before dinner. As we left the bay the waters were choppy and rough. Fair amount of swaying. I think this felt worse than it was since we didn’t have our sea legs yet. Still, very rocky evening but we slept like babies!

Friday at sea was a lot smoother and warmer. Still windy in the AM but by lunch it calmed down. Hardly any rocking but the sea did still look choppy, just couldn’t feel it. Spent half the day at the pool.

Saturday at Bermuda was PERFECT! Mid to upper 70’s with no clouds in the sky. We ate breakfast on our veranda. We spent most all the day at Horseshoe Bay which now ranks higher than Castaway Cay for my wife as far as beaches go. The beach was beautiful, clean, and soft. Plenty of wildlife to see in the waters as well. That evening we did the sunset rum boat tour and I was in shorts and a t-shirt and my bride was in a dress and we were perfectly comfortable the entire night.

Sunday at Bermuda was another great day. A few clouds in the sky but the wind was a non issue again and we enjoyed breakfast on the balcony. We spent half of today on a catamaran snorkeling and swimming in a cove. Mid 70s and the water temp was around 75-77. We came back to the boat and laid by the pool for the remainder of the afternoon. Plenty warm out.

Monday(today) we’re cutting through some rough seas akin to Thursday night and some gusty winds. Patches of drizzle and sun all over. Spent the morning in the hot tub and now relaxing on the loungers watching the seas. Captain came on and said things should settle down by mid day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom