Maelstrom reopening date ???

wbboy29

Hey guys Maelstrom is back up now. I went on it after work today 10/20 and must say it looks beautiful. They didn't change a whole lot that can be noticed by the general public but for those who may have been on it before you will notice a few changes. For one the animatronics look great, very clean almost like new. The real standouts were the trolls and of course the Polar bears they all look like they received brand new furr. The fiber optic affects are wonderful. For instance the troll scene with the whirling optics above your head look great. The oil rig at the end of the ride is also ironically beautiful looking with all of its lights working again. The boats have all been fixed up, repainted and look like new. They did add station gates to the station which is great for the cast there. I used to do fast pass there and it must be nice now to not have to tell everyone to please stay behind the yellow line. Also one of the biggest things I noticed was the new stone work on the floor in the station area. Very nice touch and they also put new brass row numbers into the stone work to help guests better find the row they are asked to wait in. Also another nice touch is the fact that there is no more tacky yellow tape on the floor to indicate where the guests are supposed to wait behind, instead they have very nice yellowish tiles. Very classy job all around. I think you all will see that the wait during the long downtime was well worth it when you see what they have done for your self. If you have any other questions let me know, I'll see if I can answer them for you. :D

See you at the parks:cool:

Passport

Also, on the right while going backwards before the polar bears is a large rock with a face on it surrounded by foliage and I think it was growling. I don't remember it before. They did a great job on the rehab.

Lance

I was at Epcot last nite, and pleasantly surprised to see it was open, went over checked it out, and the line was out the door, so I said no way, the waterfall wasn't working where the boat goes backwards out of the cave........but it was just way too crowded last nite.....the whole park, not just maelstrom....

DanielJ

i too can confirm that the ride is back up cus i was at epcot today, :) glad to see it running this time around as i missed it in the summer cus of the rehab.

Now all they have to do is do some major work on Spaceship Earth cus when i went on it today the ride broke down 3 times!

Daniel :)

DanielJ

It actually broke down warning signs and everything! cus when i got off it there was a huge line in the global neighbourhood area for wheelchairs to get on!
oh also test track was down for an hour too, due to technical difficulties!

Daniel :)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Maelstromsok
I hoep iT openz soon because that rides just plane ok

you've progressed kid.. your spelling and grammar are improving. Next time though, don't make it sooo obvious. We know who you are

The_CEO

Originally posted by Maelstromsok
I hoep iT openz soon because that rides just plane ok

HEY welcome back...

See ya around... Wait.... Nevermind.. You'll be gone within the next 12 yrs.. Ciao!!!

pepsistar

:lol: The "Monster troll" as my grandson calls it, is one of his favorites!! :D I hope they repainted some of the area in/on the ride with more gow in the dark type paint---- That would liven it up a little. Will be wating for a report from those of you going to WDW soon..

I wish they would make a Troll we could buy that was a little more affordable, or have some items for the children. My grandson always wants one (troll) but we have not gotten him one due to the cost and being afraid it would break. :(

Wood one maybe/plastic looking wood???? mmmmmmmmmmmm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom