Maelstrom refurbishment?

hellokitty1

here's the dates

Rehabs and Closing Schedule

from www.wdwig.com

Last Updated: 4/28/02

NOTE: This is UNOFFICIAL information and is subject to change without notice. Please call WDW directly to confirm. While I make every effort to ensure this information is accurate -- there are NO guarantees.

April 2002

Norway's Maelstrom will be closed for rehab April 5-17 (VERY Loose Dates, may be later in the year)

May 2002

EPCOT

Mexico's El Rio del Tiempo will be closed for rehab May 5-16. (VERY Loose Dates, may be later in the year)

WDWhigh

Just a quickie....

The Canadian government gave the go ahead to shoot a new movie. The announcment was made sometime last year. (I remember the announcement as i'm a Canadian)

I think that this is the point about Norway and Mexico though...The rehabs depend on the countries wanting to put the money into them i would imagine.

toodles,

john.

durhay

I heard they're going to combine El RIO DEL TIEMPO with the MAELSTROM.

"la la la la la, la la la la la, la la la l- INVADERS!"

tenchu

I really like El Rio, but that damn movie at the end of maelstrom puts me off. Last time i didn't even go on maelstrom in case i got stuck in there and had to watch the film!

durhay

if you seek the spirit of Norway, look to the seas

I've always loved that movie. Very powerful, especially when that kid touches the boat.

tenchu

Can't remember it, think i fell asleep the last time i did it.

And disney does show the good parts of each country. I've certainly never seen anywhere in britain like that!

P.S. This post made me a senior cast member!

FYI -- even if the doors are closed, you can ALWAYS get out of ANY movie at WDW. The doors just push open. This is in case someone has an emergency and needs to get out right away, but anyone can do it.

And not to insult anyone, but that Norway movie is VERY long and VERY boring IMHO and I'd consider that an emergency!

njchris65

Originally posted by Married@WDW
FYI -- even if the doors are closed, you can ALWAYS get out of ANY movie at WDW. The doors just push open. This is in case someone has an emergency and needs to get out right away, but anyone can do it.

And not to insult anyone, but that Norway movie is VERY long and VERY boring IMHO and I'd consider that an emergency!

I love the Norway movie.

Like I said -- in my opinion it's long and boring. I can't think of a country that has a movie I do like. I'm not even that fond of Timekeeper -- I think I go to Disney for thrills and fun, not for learning.

Sorry if I upset anyone. Everyone has their own opinions of things -- I hate the Tiki Birds, too, old and new, but my mother has to go everytime we take her to WDW.

Aaaahhhh! Now I'm gonna have the Tiki Bird song stuck in my head all day!

BradleyJ

I think I go to Disney for thrills and fun, not for learning.

Then you should just say away from Epcot and quit complaing.

Epcot has been these types of attractions from DAY one, as education, learning, and exchange of ideas if the point of the park.

Originally posted by BradleyJ

Then you should just say away from Epcot and quit complaing.

Little harsh there, don't ya think, BradleyJ! And if people really did what you said, Epcot would have a much smaller attendance, wouldn't they!

I didn't complain once. I don't like the movies, so I don't go into them. I LOVE the countries though -- the ambience, the shopping, the food, the different performers. And Future World has some great attractions, too. Heck, I was <b>married</b> in Epcot because I love the countries so much.

Some of us just don't have the patience to sit though a movie on vacation when they just want to run to the next ride -- maybe I have a minor case of A.D.D.! And what I offered was the information that no one HAS to sit through the movie. That's it!

Everyone should enjoy their vacation their own way. So if you don't tell me what to do/not to do, I'll return the favor!

BradleyJ

Some of us just don't have the patience to sit though a movie on vacation when they just want to run to the next ride --

Then as I said, EPCOT is not the park for you.

Since that is what most of the attractions are. It is becasue of peopel like you that Disney now feals they have to cater to, that most of what everyone coniders to be Epcots greatest attractions are now gone.

No one have the attention span to ride attractiosn liek WOM, Horizons, and JII anymore.

Give them a 20 second adrinaline rush and that all people like you seam to need.

Originally posted by BradleyJ

Then as I said, EPCOT is not the park for you.

Since that is what most of the attractions are. It is becasue of peopel like you that Disney now feals they have to cater to, that most of what everyone coniders to be Epcots greatest attractions are now gone.

No one have the attention span to ride attractiosn liek WOM, Horizons, and JII anymore.

Give them a 20 second adrinaline rush and that all people like you seam to need.

WHERE DO YOU GET OFF? YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME! I'm a librarian who has to spend her work time in total concentration on research projects, so on my vacations, the last thing I want to do is sit still and concentrate on anything.

It's not just about the adrenaline rush for me -- I simply don't like sitting around watching movies on vacation. That's not for me. I won't to move and look at things and just keep going. But like I said, there are many things about Epcot I do love. And I certainly won't stop going there because some guy on discussion forum tells me not too! I probably spend more time in Epcot than most people and Disney needs my business now more than ever.

But it is because of people like YOU that many people don't want to post on these boards -- my husband has stopped. Don't make assumptions about people based on one sentence -- you don't know them and you wouldn't want them to do that to you.

Luau Cove

It's not like you are obliged to watch the movie. In my case, I only saw it once and thought it was not worthy to be repeated, so everytime I ride MAELSTROM I "escape" from the theatre, and no cast member told me anything about it. It's a free country people.

-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom