Maelstrom refurbishment?

thumper

Minnie Fan - I agree with you..I love this ride. Now I can't get the song out of my head! To this day, I still love the final room that the boat goes in...right after the part where the vendors try to sell you stuff, there's a little boat that says "Viva Christina"...I always get a kick out of that since that's my name (ok, I know it's corny!):lol:

Well, I'm hearing El Rio is slated to re-open May 17th...can't wait to see the changes when we head down there May 26th!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by thumper
Well, I'm hearing El Rio is slated to re-open May 17th...can't wait to see the changes when we head down there May 26th!

I have a feeling it may just be a paint and little show touch up.

I wonder what it looks like when you are watching the closed ride from the restaurant. With no water and such in the ride. That must be so cool.

kayarei

Originally posted by thumper
...Well, I'm hearing El Rio is slated to re-open May 17th...can't wait to see the changes when we head down there May 26th!

Does this mean the rehab dates on disneyworl.com are wrong (not like it would be the first time)? The dates they have posted are April 7 - 26. We'll be there on the 27th and i was hoping to see the changes.

goofyfan13

I like El Rio. It's a nice relaxing ride that I could ride over and over again. The begining is really cool, just how it looks. The ride does need rehab however, it is getting pretty outdated. Maelstrom is a great ride and I would love it if they made the drops bigger.

GalacticGobbler

El Rio Rocks, how can you not appreciate the pool bar scene, or the scuba diver next to the cliff divers i could on and on but i will spare you all.

EL RIO ROCKS:lol: :lol: :lol:

Luau Cove

"Que lindo es Mexico".
El Rio Del Tiempo has a spectacular setting: inside Mexico pavillion. It's wonderful and I think it's better if it's not a popular ride because it would take all that special something about this little attraction meant for the romantic and people who'd like to scape the crowds for a little time.

-->LUAU

WDWsmith2001

El rio'

I don't much enjoy the effects on El Rio' but you got to admit it sure is a nice way to cool off in the summer. besides I do love the interior of the temple, the volcano is outstanding.

Hurricane

Originally posted by Luau Cove
. Oh, by the way, they could update that boring movie.

-->LUAU

Um that movie is cool, plus its really cool to see the people who don't know the loud noise is coming jump halfway outta their skull, and you can always do a walkthru

fngoofy

Speaking of the Maelstrom film, maybe they could make that optional?

I feel like I'm in lockup when forced to stand and wait after the ride.

leeocean

I think El Rio is cute until they show the scene with the dead people floating in the water in a coffin at the end. I didn't think the Maelstrom need that much attention.

bvolguards

HEY WDW IMAGINEER....YOU SAID THAT IT IS A SHAME THE WAY DISNEY PORTRAYS MEXICO IN THE WORLD SHOWCASE.....WELL, IM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE BUT, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO MEXICO...WELL I HAVE, SEVERAL TIMES AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT DISNEY SHOWS ONLY THE BEST OF MEXICO....I MEAN IF YOU WANTED THEM TO SHOW THE TRUE MEXICO THEN I GUESS THEY COULD SHOW THE 86% POVERTY RATE..OR THE 65% ILLITERACY RATE....OR THE FACT THAT MOST OF THE GOVT. IN MEXICO IS CORRUPT...OR THAT DRUG DEALERS RUN THE STREETS IN THE MAJOR CITIES..OR THAT THE PESO IS WORTH NEXT TO NOTHING... I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO JAPAN BUT I HAVE BEEN TO GERMANY, FRANCE, CANADA, AND THE UK AND I CAN SAY THE DISNEY DID A PRETTY GOOD JOB SHOWING THE BEST OF ALL THOSE COUNTRIES......AND ISNT THAT WHAT DISNEY IS ABOUT....SHOWING THE BEST THE WORLD HAS TO OFFER.......JUST A THOUGHT

Nut4Disney

You don't have to sit through the Norway movie. When the doors open just walk through the rows to the exit. The last time I was there, they even told you to do this if you did not want to stay for it.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Hurricane

Um that movie is cool, plus its really cool to see the people who don't know the loud noise is coming jump halfway outta their skull, and you can always do a walkthru

That's what I do.
Maybe you are right, the movie is not so bad, but it's too long and there are hundreds of better things to do at Epcot.

-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom