Maelstrom refurb!

sambahat

Cool. I've always liked this attraction but can't quite put my finger on what I like about it. I always seem to remember the troll and the boat turning around and going backwards. The giant oil rig is kind of cool too.

I would love for them to kill the movie at the end. It's a decent film, but I hate the idea being forced to wait in that little waiting area. That drives me nuts!

Good to hear of some more refurb, though.

vadsnylvr

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It has been a tradition for me and my daughter to ride Maelstrom on every visit. We're going to be there during the refurbishment. Last year we we re at WDW when the Pirates refurbishment was going on. Well, at least the Haunted Mansion's refurbishment is waiting until we leave!:goodnevil

Expo_Seeker40

Coming soon from the Norwegian Pavilion....Maelstrom featuring Bernard and Miss Bianca from Disney's animated film The Rescuers. Guests follow these two characters as they attempt to rescue a young Nordic child who is in the evil clutches of a troll, who is living with polar bears, while plotting to destory Norway's oil rigs and tranfer the 1982 post show film from 35mm film to DVD!

The Rescuers join the Three Caballeros at the Mexico Pavilion as part of Disney's "year of a lot of characters"...celebrating the 25th Anniversary you were never supposed to hear about involving EPCOT Center.

....wow....:eek: :hammer:

mitchk

Say it ain't so.... I love this ride. I rode it at least 4 times last May, and the only thing I could tell really needed a rehab was some paint work, and maybe that swamp thing (I don't know what to call it) that rises up out of the water as your boat is backing up, it seemed to not rise up as high as it used to. I'll be there till May 26th so I hope it opens back up on time. BTW, does April 30 - May 24 mean it will be open on the 24th? :brick:

wjaye918

Cool. I've always liked this attraction but can't quite put my finger on what I like about it. I always seem to remember the troll and the boat turning around and going backwards. The giant oil rig is kind of cool too.

I would love for them to kill the movie at the end. It's a decent film, but I hate the idea being forced to wait in that little waiting area. That drives me nuts!

Good to hear of some more refurb, though.
I always skip the movie! I feel sort of bad for doing it, but it feels liks a waste of valuable time. Sorry if you love the movie!

brkgnews

Wonder if they'll be bringing back that Tesla Coil concept that never got off the drawing board? :lookaroun

Gotta admit, it's nice seeing all the pavilions getting a little TLC in advance of the 25th.

CaribbeanGreen

any word on what's being done? I agree that just a small touchup is really in order.. I think the opening scenes are great, and the oil rig scene after the big drop is really cool.. wish there was more of that! :)

Animaniac93-98

Coming soon from the Norwegian Pavilion....Maelstrom featuring Bernard and Miss Bianca from Disney's animated film The Rescuers. Guests follow these two characters as they attempt to rescue a young Nordic child who is in the evil clutches of a troll, who is living with polar bears, while plotting to destory Norway's oil rigs and tranfer the 1982 post show film from 35mm film to DVD!

The Rescuers join the Three Caballeros at the Mexico Pavilion as part of Disney's "year of a lot of characters"...celebrating the 25th Anniversary you were never supposed to hear about involving EPCOT Center.

That actually sounds like a cool ride, but only if Orville would be in it.

imagineer boy

:ROFLOL: It makes me cringe to think of it though...

Anyways, I'm glad MaElStRoM is getting a rehab, because it does really need one.

RSoxNo1

My understanding is that a new video has been made, I'm guessing the rehab will be minor things that probably won't effect the ride at all, but the abomination that was the old video will likely be replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom