Maelstrom or Rio de Tempo?

Crazy Harry

My bad. I suppose I should start doing searches before I start a thread. This guy was definetly before me, and I didn't mean to steal any thunder.

I got beat by a whole like four hours.

But we needed a pole too so it's not all bad. Great minds think alike I guess.

Astronaut Jones

Now I love Maelstrom, but Rio Del Tiempo is one of my favorite rides in all Disney. What other ride can you ride 9 times while your the rest of your party eats lunch.

2gether

Agreed

Kaertos said:
Maelstrom. No contest.

Maelstom, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. My only complaint is that Norway didn't see fit to make it longer. Makes me want to visit Norway every time I go on.

spectropluto

Rio!

I have to go with Rio! That snappy 70's mexican music. It's so relaxing!

If you can sneak your margarita on board...even better! :)

It's one of my favorite tracks on my iPod!

and I actually DID listen to it while in Mexico visiting the temples!

RenegadeMilkmen

I'd actually have to go with El Rio. It just seems like I have more history with it, I went on it for the first time when I was 2 and I've been on it pretty much every trip after that. Sure it may be mellow and stuff- but thats whats good about it. Maelstrom I only went on once, and I actually didn't think it was that thrilling.

shmmrname

El Rio d'El Tiempe...

Nothing beats the atmosphere in the Mexican Pavillion, and we always seem to be extremely happy on the River of Time.

hammysammy59

I think it's safe to say Rio del Tiempo is probably the most underrated ride of all time.

Having said that, Malestrom blows it out of the water. Rio's temple at the beginning is super sweet, and some of the video (the dancers in particular) are funny in a cheesy sort of way, there's never a line, and it's a super-nice refuge from the heat.

Even with all that going for it, Malestrom is a lot more fun. The trolls, shooting down the flume backwards, almost going over the waterfall and of course, skipping the movie at the end add up for a fun little experience that, along with Rio del Tiempo, help mix up the World Showcase... I kind of wish World Showcase had more lower-scale rides like these for other countries...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom