Maelstrom going down in October (no FP+)?

Unplugged

lol except they took away the rice creams, unbelievable. :banghead:
WHAT? I haven't been down there since last Fall and now I have yet another reason to question going back. I'd love a few things working in our favor as opposed to against it. It's one more step towards removing the Dole Whips. Now that I'm sure we could get some picketing on!

Biff215

I'm assuming they did have it in Adventerland but I'm not sure, I just remember people wondering on here why it wasn't on Disney's site anymore, and it's the only thing that's gone completely since FP+ started

This is the site I meant BTW the Disney Parks attractions calendar
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/

Maelstrom Still appears on it Oct 5th and 6th 2014 and is on the calendar to Feb 3rd 2015 which is as far as it goes 6 months out from now

I'm not 100%, but I don't think Adventureland Tink had FP+. It's not a big deal, but it may not be an indication Maelstrom is closing.

With that said, I personally believe the writing is on the wall. Word is getting around to CM's. While rarely reliable, the CM I spoke with had solid info including the pools at the Poly bungalows, something I doubted until I saw it myself right here.

I'm not against an overlay, but I am concerned about capacity issues. We couldn't get Maelstrom as a fourth FP any evening we were at Epcot. One option in WS doesn't work, and that pavilion isn't set up for 2-3 hour standby waits. But it will no doubt boost Epcot's attendance at least short term, so you know Disney is all over that!

peter11435

truth, that bakery use to be so good, they barely offer anything anymore (for the most part no different than any other loc) and took out all those great Norwegian desserts etc.
Ummm.... I was there three days ago and they had rice cream.

They also had school bread, cloud berry horns, lefse, and
Verdens Beste just to name a few.

aladdin2007

Ummm.... I was there three days ago and they had rice cream.

They also had school bread, cloud berry horns, lefse, and
Verdens Beste just to name a few.

then its all come back because last month, or in june it was, they had nothing. but others had reported too the rice cream was discontinued. so hopefully its back becuase its popular.

peter11435

I second that - they were all there in May including the Rice Cream.
And on my trip in early February I had the Rullekake.
Yeah. I visit the park several times per month and they have always been there. To my knowledge they were never removed. I'm sure it would have been all over the disney food blog if they had been removed.

spiritofNorway

Its all true! Maelstrom will close down in the end of september to be turned into a Frozen attraction.
Today I recieved the last piece of confirmation to this... There are no more scheduled arrivals from Norway for the attraction or merchandise division of the pavilion after october. And in the ad posted today by International Services (the recruitment agency Disney hires Cast Members through in Norway), they only offer food and beverage positions, no merchandise or attraction, so most attraction Cast Members will most likely be transferred to merchandise or food and beverage. Its a sad day for everyone who hoped Disney would take use of their brains and not destroy the culture of a country and replace it with a cartoonride. Everyone agrees that Maelstrom needs attention, but why not fix what they had for over 25 years and still brought 10.000 Guests every day instead of letting it rot apart!?

My only hope is that Disney will do a good job integrating Norway into the new Frozen attraction and not completly destroy the Norway culture. I hope everyone who cares sends mails and letters to Disney demanding no more destruction of Epcot and its purpose... Cause I have to admit it kinda looks bad. Well, atleast now people wont complain about the old movie, cause it wont be a movie.

Cant believe there will be no more, "Back! Back! Over the falls!"

Pixie VaVoom

Yeah. I visit the park several times per month and they have always been there. To my knowledge they were never removed. I'm sure it would have been all over the disney food blog if they had been removed.

maybe they had just run out of their batches for that day???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom