Maelstrom going down in October (no FP+)?

DoctorDisney

Here's something to think about. When an attraction such as Pirates or ELP or Living with the Land or anything is undergoing a refurb, it is still listed as a selection on the FP+ options/tiers. It just states that the attraction is "Closed for Refurbishment on the current day."

After Sept. 27, Maelstrom is GONE from the FP+ selection screens. Just totally gone as if it will not just undergo a refurb, but change to something new that needs to be included later.

A thought.

ToTBellHop

Here's something to think about. When an attraction such as Pirates or ELP or Living with the Land or anything is undergoing a refurb, it is still listed as a selection on the FP+ options/tiers. It just states that the attraction is "Closed for Refurbishment on the current day."

After Sept. 27, Maelstrom is GONE from the FP+ selection screens. Just totally gone as if it will not just undergo a refurb, but change to something new that needs to be included later.

A thought.
Well, it's not too surprising. Surely the name Maelstrom will be retired in favor of a beautiful name like FROZEN Fjord with Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and Friends from Disney FROZEN. We will insist on calling it FFwAEOFFDF which will confuse newbies.

ElvisMickey

Any of us who are passionate about the company, on these boards on a regular basis and get a bigger thrill when thinking of WDW returning to its former glory as opposed to the thrill of Olaf cupcakes, didn't need a verbal confirmation from Bob Iger about the company's lack of investment in the parks with original, innovative attractions. We've seen the way this company has done business over the last several years. Gone are the days of creativity, taking chances, giving the guests an entertaining attraction that they also might learn something from...things which made Disney, Disney. Now it's just, "What classic attraction can we gut to throw in Elsa?" Then on top of that, they do it cheaply to save as much money as possible (Three Caballeros). I'm not completely bitter. I will say that I DO like certain aspects of New Fantasyland. But I can't help but get aggravated everytime I walk through EPCOT or Hollywood Studios and see how these parks are only shells of their former selves...and getting worse and more ridiculous (more dance parties?) to keep the guests with the Disney rose color glasses occupied and happy.

I hear a lot of people blast Michael Eisner, but this company had b*lls when he was in control when it came to investing in WDW. Crazy expansion...new parks, new (original) attractions, hotels, night clubs.

To the average fan, Disney is probably still Disney and nothing has changed for them. Then there are us Disney freaks who know better lol...

ToTBellHop

The apparently impending closure of Maelstrom makes the production of this (admittedly awesome) new t-shirt perplexing. I just bought one just in case :)

7505055889861-1

A steal at $24.95!

tl77

A thought.

A few months ago when the Tinker Bell M&G in Adventerland shut down it just disappeared off the FP+ list, I remember people asking what happened to that as well, and then a few days later the M&G showed up on the FP+ list at Main Street...

So there might be something too this Maelstrom FP+ vanishing

aladdin2007

Any of us who are passionate about the company, on these boards on a regular basis and get a bigger thrill when thinking of WDW returning to its former glory as opposed to the thrill of Olaf cupcakes, didn't need a verbal confirmation from Bob Iger about the company's lack of investment in the parks with original, innovative attractions. We've seen the way this company has done business over the last several years. Gone are the days of creativity, taking chances, giving the guests an entertaining attraction that they also might learn something from...things which made Disney, Disney. Now it's just, "What classic attraction can we gut to throw in Elsa?" Then on top of that, they do it cheaply to save as much money as possible (Three Caballeros). I'm not completely bitter. I will say that I DO like certain aspects of New Fantasyland. But I can't help but get aggravated everytime I walk through EPCOT or Hollywood Studios and see how these parks are only shells of their former selves...and getting worse and more ridiculous (more dance parties?) to keep the guests with the Disney rose color glasses occupied and happy.

I hear a lot of people blast Michael Eisner, but this company had b*lls when he was in control when it came to investing in WDW. Crazy expansion...new parks, new (original) attractions, hotels, night clubs.

To the average fan, Disney is probably still Disney and nothing has changed for them. Then there are us Disney freaks who know better lol...

Agree all the way. Well stated!!

RSoxNo1

The apparently impending closure of Maelstrom makes the production of this (admittedly awesome) new t-shirt perplexing. I just bought one just in case :)

7505055889861-1

A steal at $24.95!
The weird thing is usually the Disney Parks Blog announces these. They didn't announce this one.

Biff215

A few months ago when the Tinker Bell M&G in Adventerland shut down it just disappeared off the FP+ list, I remember people asking what happened to that as well, and then a few days later the M&G showed up on the FP+ list at Main Street...

So there might be something too this Maelstrom FP+ vanishing

Did Tink have FP+ in Adventureland?

tl77

Did Tink have FP+ in Adventureland?

I'm assuming they did have it in Adventerland but I'm not sure, I just remember people wondering on here why it wasn't on Disney's site anymore, and it's the only thing that's gone completely since FP+ started

This is the site I meant BTW the Disney Parks attractions calendar
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/

Maelstrom Still appears on it Oct 5th and 6th 2014 and is on the calendar to Feb 3rd 2015 which is as far as it goes 6 months out from now

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom