Mach VI Monorails to debut!

WDWGuy

Original Poster
Hey there WDWMagicers!!

Ya know, I DO know this is a WDW Portal, but I just wanted to make mention of something that I KNOW will be of major interest to all of you who love riding our "Highway in the Sky".

I am sure a lot of you know this already...

But..

Las Vegas is stirring up some magic of their own! The Las Vegas Monorail system is scheduled to be up and running in January 2004!!

Can you say:

The new M-VI Bombardier Trains?
PILOTLESS Monorail trains?
6 Monorail Stations?
Monorails leave the stations every MINUTE??
Capable of speeds of up to 50 mph??

I know I am going to be there to ride this for myself!! One catch though..there will be a small price for riding...for as little as 3 bucks though....I will be buying a 3 day pass that is for sure!

www.lvmonorail.com

Should be very cool to see!!

WDWGuy

WDWFREAK53

*sits back and awaits Tyler's comments*

(It's a monorail thread...he's gotta chime in! :D )

What are the WDW trains? Mark V? I thought they were Mark VI for some reason.

Invero

Disneyland's trains are Mark V trains, and are built to a different scale than the WDW trains. They are nowhere near compatible.

The original WDW trains were Mark IV. A couple of them later got sold to Vegas, and rebuilt to be used there. That's why thier system uses the same basic foundations as ours. WDW currently operates with twelve Mark VI trains.

Although they share the same basic fountation, and have similar styling cues, the Las Vegas trains are completely different trains under the hood. They are Bombardier M-VI trains. (Note, unlike Disney, these aren't "Mark Six" trains, rather, they are "Em-Six" trains.)

With some modifications, an M-VI train could in theory be used on a Disney beamway.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Invero
Disneyland's trains are Mark V trains, and are built to a different scale than the WDW trains. They are nowhere near compatible.

The original WDW trains were Mark IV. A couple of them later got sold to Vegas, and rebuilt to be used there. That's why thier system uses the same basic foundations as ours. WDW currently operates with twelve Mark VI trains.

Although they share the same basic fountation, and have similar styling cues, the Las Vegas trains are completely different trains under the hood. They are Bombardier M-VI trains. (Note, unlike Disney, these aren't "Mark Six" trains, rather, they are "Em-Six" trains.)

With some modifications, an M-VI train could in theory be used on a Disney beamway.

Sheesh...he didn't even give me time to get comfortable :lol:

Ahhh ok, so I was right in my thinking of the Mark VI but was confused on the M-VI/Mark VI differences...

Gregory

Well, I hope WDW gets a monorial upgrade..

The monorail is so popular, yet they never improve on it (or at least not in the last decade)

Well, I guess there were those changes to Monorail Yellow, with the new computer in it and everything.... I guess I have nothing to rant about, then :)

Invero

Originally posted by Gregory
Well, I hope WDW gets a monorial upgrade..

The monorail is so popular, yet they never improve on it (or at least not in the last decade)

Well, I guess there were those changes to Monorail Yellow, with the new computer in it and everything.... I guess I have nothing to rant about, then :)

There have been MANY upgrades to the trains, you just might not see them. Keep in mind, though... these trains are only 13 years old, give or take, and have an estimated lifespan of 30+ years, or more, depending on upgrades and retrofits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom