M&M'S store coming to Disney Springs in 2020

Jon81uk

Why ? They won't run out. If they do try CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, and gas station etc etc
Target sell t-shirts with Mickey Mouse on them and yet thousands of people shop at World of Disney.

Most of the M&M dispensers and clothing etc are only available from the M&M stores, same as many clothing items are only available at World of Disney and not from every store in the country.

Hank Hill

I still don’t really understand how that M&M store in Times Square makes enough money to stay in business with real estate what it is there. I’m sure it’ll do fine at Springs, it always felt lacking in things for kids to actually do.
Agree. Maybe this store will be different, but I don't recall either M&M store I've been in having anything actually to do. Look at stuff, and a wall of MM's to put in bags. At least the Lego store lets you build some stuff and race it. Kids might like seeing the store, but it's not a play area. Maybe they will have a meet and greet like the Coke-Cola store.

Jon81uk

Agree. Maybe this store will be different, but I don't recall either M&M store I've been in having anything actually to do. Look at stuff, and a wall of MM's to put in bags. At least the Lego store lets you build some stuff and race it. Kids might like seeing the store, but it's not a play area. Maybe they will have a meet and greet like the Coke-Cola store.

A free play area won’t make them money either.
Based on the London store, they make money from people buying M&M branded clothing and homeware that is exclusively available in M&M stores. There are also a number of fibreglass M&M characters around the store (in London these include them posing on “Abbey Road” similar to the Beatles album and also an M&M dressed like Buckingham Palace guard) and this sort of thing gets people to stay in the store.

But actually selling things you can’t get anywhere else is how most stores make money.

Lilofan

A free play area won’t make them money either.
Based on the London store, they make money from people buying M&M branded clothing and homeware that is exclusively available in M&M stores. There are also a number of fibreglass M&M characters around the store (in London these include them posing on “Abbey Road” similar to the Beatles album and also an M&M dressed like Buckingham Palace guard) and this sort of thing gets people to stay in the store.

But actually selling things you can’t get anywhere else is how most stores make money.
That's going to be odd, having M&M characters doing meet and greet in Disney Springs.

Jon81uk

That's going to be odd, having M&M characters doing meet and greet in Disney Springs.
They aren't doing meet and greet. Same as the characters outside World of Disney they are just fibreglass models. Here is the guard at London M&M store
london_mmstore_dreamdaily-4-of-7.jpg

PeoplemoverTTA

Thanks. At the Florida Mall in Orlando where M&M store was located, the characters were out in front doing meet and greets with guests.

Doesn’t the Coke polar bear do a meet and greet in Disney Springs? It doesn’t really bother me, so I guess the M&Ms would be okay too.

I remember after they went to Vegas, my parents were really impressed with the M&Ms store. I want to say there was even a little “ride.” It sounds like there’s not enough room for one here, though. Sounds more along the lines of the Hershey store in Niagara Falls, Canada, which isn’t impressive at all, but is always busy the once a year or so my husband and I walk over the bridge into Canada for a date night.

Jon81uk

Thanks. At the Florida Mall in Orlando where M&M store was located, the characters were out in front doing meet and greets with guests.

Ah cool, that sounds better than the London store then, I've never known us have walk-round characters.

Cmdr_Crimson

Doesn’t the Coke polar bear do a meet and greet in Disney Springs? It doesn’t really bother me, so I guess the M&Ms would be okay too.
Around the fall of 2016 they did do a Princess M&G over at WoD..It'd be nice to have a character here and there but, then what's the purpose of going into the parks where they really want you to meet them...
https:///2016/09/new-limited-time-d...nd-greet-coming-to-disney-springs-in-october/

Lilofan

@Bocabear 's post reminded me that at Florida Mall, there's also a Crayola Experience place.

Would anyone have preferred Crayola over M&M's? Just curious.
Crayola might be a nightmare for cast members to clean up the crayon markings. And chocolate sells better than crayons. It's all about the 💰💰.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Wow, M&M Store from the Florida Mall... Disney Springs sure knows how to aim low... Maybe next will be a Spencer's Gifts or Hot Topic.
I don't think Spencer's would make the cut with Disney, though. There's some naughty merchandise for sale in that store. 😄

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Wow, M&M Store from the Florida Mall... Disney Springs sure knows how to aim low... Maybe next will be a Spencer's Gifts or Hot Topic.

M&M's World stores are located in New York, Las Vegas, London, Shanghai, and Orlando (which is switching from Florida Mall to Disney Springs). No where else from what I understand. So how exactly is having a store with 5 unique locations worldwide aiming low?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom