M&M'S store coming to Disney Springs in 2020

Stitchon

The reduction in square footage is particularly interesting. The Florida Mall location is something like 15,000 square feet, my assumption is Disney Springs will have maybe a third of that space. Probably for the better considering all the random junk stores like M&M's World sells.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
The reduction in square footage is particularly interesting. The Florida Mall location is something like 15,000 square feet, my assumption is Disney Springs will have maybe a third of that space. Probably for the better considering all the random junk stores like M&M's World sells.
Just how big is Curl and the other place?

Hank Hill

Just how big is Curl and the other place?
I had been in both stores before they closed. They were not tiny, both store fronts are a bit thin, but they were deep. I don't think it will be as big as the mall store either way. I seem to recall there being high ceilings in the building too, maybe tall enough to make an upstairs balcony inside the M&M store to make some extra Sq Ft with the same footprint.

Tavernacle12

I still don’t really understand how that M&M store in Times Square makes enough money to stay in business with real estate what it is there. I’m sure it’ll do fine at Springs, it always felt lacking in things for kids to actually do.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I still don’t really understand how that M&M store in Times Square makes enough money to stay in business with real estate what it is there. I’m sure it’ll do fine at Springs, it always felt lacking in things for kids to actually do.

maybe they don’t make enough money but the store stays as it is good advertising for the company?

Although the Disney store in Times Square brings in more money than any other Disney store. So maybe they do make enough.

Stitchon

So according to another website, the new store will be roughly 10,000 square feet. That's a reduction from their current store, but still pretty big. Didn't realize Curl and Fit2Run went all the way to the back of the building.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I had been in both stores before they closed. They were not tiny, both store fronts are a bit thin, but they were deep. I don't think it will be as big as the mall store either way. I seem to recall there being high ceilings in the building too, maybe tall enough to make an upstairs balcony inside the M&M store to make some extra Sq Ft with the same footprint.
The existing M&M at Florida Mall was around 16000sq ft. The new space at Disney Springs is 10200sq ft.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom