lunch spot in MK?

Ellajoan

Hi everyone,
Planning my family's first trip to Disney--we are only doing the MK this time due to travelling with our 8 week old. Need some suggestions for a nice restful place in MK for a yummy meal for kids ( I am nursing, I need to find a places in MK where I can sit and feed our DD!). What do you all think?

Thanks!

raven

Aunt Polly's Dockside on Tom Sawyer Island used to sell great ham and cheese sandwiches w/chips. But I think they only have deserts there now. That was a quiet spot.

Other than that, the other two are great for a quiet corner. Stay clear of Cosmic Rays. They have good food but its crowded and there are no quiet corners.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Well, I know of a very quiet, tucked away seating area at MK. The only problem with eating there is that it would require you to buy your food elsewhere and take it to this seating area.

The seating area is very nice and quiet. It is directly behind Aloha Isle (where you buy Dole Whips) in Adventureland. It's nestled in the shade, and surrounded by trees and building. If you don't look, you would be sure to miss it. I am a Dole Whip fanatic and have eaten them in this little nook many a time, and never have I been there when any more than one other family was there. It's really secluded. It's worth the extra hastle of shipping your food around for a little privacy (to both eat and/or nurse!) But it is a perfect place to nurse! Your kids and husband could even ride Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride (which is a few short steps away) while you nursed!

Have a great time on your vacation!

Upvote 0

SandySHM

The Plaza Pavillion right before Tomorrow Land might be a good choice. There is a large seating area that I'm sure you can find a private spot in. I've never seen it overly crowded. It is technically outside but it is covered. They have the usual fast food lunch items there.

Upvote 0

StevenT

Pirata y El Perico is my personal favorite place to eat, although I think it's on seasonal operation. If you like mexican food, they've got great tacos.

Pinnochio Villiage Haus is also a nice place to eat.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Liberty Tree Tavern

You may want to consider the Liberty Tree Tavern. The restaurant is a nice quiet experience (do suggest you stop by early and make reservations). Some quiet spots inside where you may be able to nurse.

Also behing the restaurant (and the Christmas shop) there is a very quiet area. Part of it is smoking, but the rest is very isolated and quiet. Check it out early in your park walkthrough.

You can also try past Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland, to the right of Space Mountain. There is a stage area there that is rarely used and as it's a dead end, not much traffic.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969
If you like dole wip so much, here's how to make it at home
http://www.doombuggyproductions.com/DoleWhip.html
This website also tells you how to recreate props from Disneyland Rides( Go to doombuggyproductions.com and go to the At home Imagineering section and pick a lland) . Trust me, everyone. You'll love it!
WOW! That is really neat! I'm not ambitious enough to make one...that and I am partial to the MK one's...but regardless, that's really neat!!!

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

speck76

Originally posted by StevenT
Pirata y El Perico is my personal favorite place to eat, although I think it's on seasonal operation. If you like mexican food, they've got great tacos.

It is currently closed with a wall around it....too bad, I wanted some tacos this weekend.

I ate lunch at Cosmic Ray's this past friday, it is nice, but almost always very busy.

I had lunch at Columbia Harbor House on saturday, it was very nice, and it is divided into smaller rooms (plus the upstairs) so it does not feel so busy.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Columbia Harbor House is a GREAT spot for lunch!

Quiet and very relaxing, with lower light levels. Lots of cozy corners to find a comfortable spot for nursing.

They have an AWESOME bread bowl with Clam Chowder in it and good salads for the adults, and chicken or fish finger meals for the kids!

:slurp:

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
If you go before 11:30 or after 2 for lunch you won't be fighting the crowds and you could probably go anywhere for lunch. I prefer Cosmic Ray's for counter service. But I'm not much of a counter service person. I would much rather have a sit down meal because that is more relaxing to me, but in the Magic Kingdom even eating at the Crystal Palace is hectic.

Upvote 0

sarajo

Columbia Harbor House has my vote. The last visit we made, I was nursing a 7 week old, and the Harbor House was a great place to get a little privacy to nurse. Plus, the food is good.

I like Pecos Bill, but forget trying to find a quiet spot in there...

Don't forget about the nursing/diaper changing station- that can come in quite handy too! I think it's near Casey's and Crystal Palace.

HAve a great trip!

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

I suggest Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn. I was there this past summer, and they still had real sandwiches and stuff, in addition to desserts. Can anyone confirm that this has changed? It's a relaxing place on an island, you can eat over the water and enjoy the breeze as the Liberty Belle Riverboat circles by. There's also a good view of Frontierland and of The Haunted Mansion. When you're done, your kids can play around and explore the island.

Anyhoo, Cosmic Ray's is another place with good food for cheap. It's a huge place with fairly decent service speed, but it can be a little hectic inside at times (moreso than some of the others). There is a kind of Chucky Cheese-esque performance on one side, if I recall correctly. The kids might really enjoy it.

But those are on two opposite ends of the park, so I guess it depends where you're going to be.

-Aaron

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom