Lunch at BOG

Disnee4Me

Original Poster
So how good is the lunch at BOG? We have reservations for Christmas Day lunch, and I'm not sure what's really good. My DH is a pretty fussy eater.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Good enough that we have eaten there a dozen times!

Favorites ~ Braised pork, roast beef sandwich, turkey sandwich and the Master's cupcake (the "grey stuff') for dessert!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Croque Monsier is my absolute favorite! DH loves that and also the roast beef sandwich. The masters cupcake and the strawberry cheesecake cupcakes are our aves. We absolutely love lunch there and have eaten there every trip and even twice on a trip before. :hungry::D

corey154

We just ate there Labor Day and thought it was good. If you haven't done it before, then you should try it. Our table had the roast beef sandwich, veggie quiche, masters cupcake (had to try the grey stuff), French onion soup and kids macaroni with sauce. We liked everything we had. Only potential issue I could see is if this is your Christmas Day special meal you might be left feeling it was too rushed. You order, pick your own table, and they bring your meal out quickly. You get your own drinks. It's not really like your typical table or counter service. I'd review the menu online and make sure you're good with those choices as Christmas meal. I personally left BOG glad I tried it, and will eat there again but in no big rush to do so. That's just my feelings though. We pre-ordered our food online and it was great, we had no line.

FrostyNaples

So how good is the lunch at BOG? We have reservations for Christmas Day lunch, and I'm not sure what's really good. My DH is a pretty fussy eater.

Whatever you do, make sure all party members have chosen their meals ahead of time, and you input that into your reservation.

I cringe at the thought of Christmas day crowds, but if you don't have your meals pre-chosen, you will most certainly be waiting in a line you didn't expect...

Disnee4Me

Original Poster
We just ate there Labor Day and thought it was good. If you haven't done it before, then you should try it. Our table had the roast beef sandwich, veggie quiche, masters cupcake (had to try the grey stuff), French onion soup and kids macaroni with sauce. We liked everything we had. Only potential issue I could see is if this is your Christmas Day special meal you might be left feeling it was too rushed. You order, pick your own table, and they bring your meal out quickly. You get your own drinks. It's not really like your typical table or counter service. I'd review the menu online and make sure you're good with those choices as Christmas meal. I personally left BOG glad I tried it, and will eat there again but in no big rush to do so. That's just my feelings though. We pre-ordered our food online and it was great, we had no line.
We have dinner reservations at Tony's, although I am hoping to snag them at LTT.

bucklepants

Actually, I didn't like it at all. My daughter picked at her grilled cheese and tomato soup, and the beef sandwich was not my thing. Actually nothing looked that great to me on the lunch menu, maybe the cheese and ham sandwich was better? My husband loved the salad he got. Looking around at other tables I noticed a lot of half eaten, or barely eaten meals. But, to each his own. The breakfast looks good though.

Just got back and had lunch at BOG. I had the turkey sandwich, another had the roast beef and the croque. Almost everyone I've been here I've been a little underwhelmed! And we are not fussy. Hardly any sauce on the turkey sandwich and the bread is overwhelming! The croque bread was not crispy, actually it was on the verge of soggy! It's so loud in 2 of 3 rooms (west wing being somewhat quiet).
I guess after spending months obsessing over getting the reservation, I think the next trip I'll skip the hassle and grab a waffle sandwich over at Sleepy Hollow! (This was my fourth lunch at BOG)

FrostyNaples

Actually, I didn't like it at all. My daughter picked at her grilled cheese and tomato soup, and the beef sandwich was not my thing. Actually nothing looked that great to me on the lunch menu, maybe the cheese and ham sandwich was better? My husband loved the salad he got. Looking around at other tables I noticed a lot of half eaten, or barely eaten meals. But, to each his own. The breakfast looks good though.

The lunch menu is interesting, and a bit odd.

I would say having done lunch once, can say we did it.

If we ever went back, it would be to try Breakfast or Dinner. Unless the lunch menu it revamped.

Desserts were great, the entree selections just 'meh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom