Lucky The Dinosaur in New York

fizzle75

Thanks. What exactly is on his head? I would love to see him.

It looks like a hat he wore so he wouldn't get wet.

Hmm, it looks like a yellow rain cap because it was raining out.

That's his rain hat. The only pictures I have of him are in a rain hat too----but I think it's cute!

Lucky is the official spokesperson, er I mean dinosaur, for Gorton's Seafood. :lookaroun

bradk

I ended up finding this thread through google so I figured I'd join just to add what I could.

just noting that you can meet Lucky for free at the street fair tomorrow. his schedule and location are up on the WSF street fair page

http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/2008-festival/events/all-events/street-fair

other than that, his current home is in glendale at imagineering. this i know because i met him there as part of the backstage magic adventures by disney tour.

i'll be attending tomorrow and if my camera opts to work, i should have some photos as well.

SewIn2Disney

Starwood, WDW Monorail and bradk---what session did you all get?
I'll be at the 12:30 session.

:ROFLOL:Don't worry, I'll definetly be asking those questions:ROFLOL:

Does anyone know if there is going to be a no videotaping rule? I'm almost 100% sure yes.

I'm pretty sure yes, but it doesn't specificially say, so I'm bringing the camera and lots of memory cards!

I'll most certainly be there.

:)

I ended up finding this thread through google so I figured I'd join just to add what I could.

just noting that you can meet Lucky for free at the street fair tomorrow. his schedule and location are up on the WSF street fair page

http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/2008-festival/events/all-events/street-fair

other than that, his current home is in glendale at imagineering. this i know because i met him there as part of the backstage magic adventures by disney tour.

i'll be attending tomorrow and if my camera opts to work, i should have some photos as well.

I did see the fact that he will be roaming around too---this whole thing looks awesome.
Liberty Science Center, Franklin Institute, Gazillion Bubbles Show---they'll all be there. Looks like fun!

I can't wait to see what the "surprise giveaways" and "special guests" are!
I'm bringing my Imagineering books---mabye someone will sign it for me!

Crazy4WDW1

We saw Lucky the first week of May 2005, when the Happiest Celebration on Earth opened. (Also did Soarin' before its official opening.) We had to go to AK 3 times before we saw Lucky, because he broke down frequently. Here's some video someone else took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzQNjtOfeg

We were also there for the first day of the Happiest Celebration of Earth. We got to see Lucky for a brief period at AK that day. He was totally awesome!

bradk

i'm bright and early at 10 am.

now that the schedule is available for the street fair itself, i'm going to have a lot of fun trying to factor in everything tomorrow.

HinunterZuNich

Bummer!! I totally did not know about this event and just tried to get tickets but ALL SESSIONS are sold out. It says tickets for the 10am session may be available at the door...but I don't want to drive the 15 minutes into the city, pay the George Washington Bridge toll, try to find parking, and it be sold out LOL.

Oh well! Maybe I will risk it and try??

bradk

depends on how badly you want to see the presentation i guess. as it is, lucky will be around for free as i mentioned, so if your goal is just to see him, that's pretty much a given.

my guess with the sold out thing is they'll be forming standby lines in case ticketed folks don't show just so they can keep the room filled. i'd think 10 am would be your best chance since it's early and at $14 a ticket (including service charge) i can see people opting to not go for unforeseeable circumstances.

NadieMasK2

I've seen him, without the rain gear!

IMG_1067.jpg

Funny thing was, it was DH who wanted to see him so bad, yet he came through right as the rest of the family was riding Primevil Hurl. So I had to take pics for him.

How did i miss this???

I'm interning at a lab in nyu and have been in that area every day since like monday. why did i not see signs?? and now its sold out.

booo

SewIn2Disney

Laughingplace.com has more information:

Program Overview
Guests get a glimpse of "make-believe" Disney-style as Imagineers pull back the curtain to reveal some of the chemistry, physics, biology and technology behind special effects, roller coasters, computer simulation, and Audio-Animatronics!

The Physics of Roller Coasters

The Show: A volunteer will test out the Human Gyroscope which measures forces on the body. Disney Imagineers talk about thrill rides Mission: SPACE, Tower of Terror and Star Tours and how they work.

The Science: How coasters and thrill rides are scientifically measured and quantified

The Magic of Special Effects

The Show: making magic out of "thin air", covering the audience with fog and demonstrating spatially focused audio

The Science: using acoustics and hypersonic sound to create a haunted mood; how fluid dynamics can create high-speed fog

Fireworks: Painting in the Sky

The Show: air-launch technology is demonstrated using t-shirts instead of pyrotechnics.

The Science: how chemistry creates colors for fireworks shows

Computer Simulation and Artificial Intelligence

The Show: virtual guests dodge barriers and maneuver through a simulated theme park.

The Science: using computer simulation models with artificial intelligence to virtually model a Disney theme park with Guests inside.

Animating with Markerless Motion Capture: a New System from Organic Motion

The Show: Audience members will be selected to spring cartoon characters to life by using their own gestures and movement. With no special equipment or suits, the person's full range of motions will be used to instantly animate cartoons on the screen.

The Science: 3D, cognitive, predictive tracking with real time graphic data

Tracking Turtles and Elephants

The Show: Scientists Ann Savage from Disney's Animal Kingdom tracks turtles and listens to elephants while a volunteer family agrees to be tracked throughout the festival grounds during the session. An animated Crush the Turtle from Disney-Pixar's Finding Nemo visits and talks to the audience.

The Science: tracking technology and real time computer animation.

Robotics: Lucky the Dinosaur

The Show: Lucky, a 20' long Audio-Animatronics Dinosaur, interacts with families, laughing, sneezing, and joking around

The Science: Disney's first free-roaming, independent robotic character

More Info: www.WorldScienceFestival.com

-- Posted May 29, 2008

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom