Lucky The Dinosaur in New York

SewIn2Disney

WDW already has a bunch of pics from the show up on their news site.

the roller coaster guy is Ric Turner, Ben Schwegler is the WDI chief chemist (or whatever) and Anne Savage was the conservation biologist

others were Asa Kalama and Amber Samdahl

did I miss anyone?

anyway, I'm down to 78 photos right now, not all of them gems. they also include a few from a couple of other things going on at the festival

ETA: oh.. duh.. and Scott Trowbridge was the host

Do you have a link to the Disney News site? Is it the official Disney website? I can't seem to find it!
Thanks!

bradk

I actually had tried linking to it earlier instead of the LP info and found out it's censored. it's not the disneyworld.com website, but they do have a website for press releases which is open to the public although you need to be registered for access to large images.

anyway, i posted a full review and dozens of photos on my page which you can get to through my homepage link in my profile here.

otherwise feel free to PM me.

E Ticket2Ride

It was great seeing how us fans could totally take over an event. WDI was just one of the presenters, yet Washington Square Park was full of podcasters, pin traders, and lots of T-shirts from the parks. I saw a few Epcot 25th shirts, monorail shirts, and podcast shirts. I love watching the people who just happen upon events like this in the city and are totally confused by the fans.

I heard a lot of parents after the show talking to their kids about how they should go to school to become Imagineers. Its things like this why I love Disney. No one else could get kids so excited about science.

BTW

Hey, WDW Monorail. I noticed your shirt, lol. I go to Stevens too and I was at the WDI presentation yesterday as well. Funny, I thought I was the only Disney freak at this school. I guess Stevens has got two aspiring Imagineers now.

PS
I am guessing you like monorails, I actually just got back from the college program and worked as a monorail pilot. Now I am the campus representative for our school. If your interested in maybe doing the program, let me know I could give you more information

WDW Monorail

BTW

Hey, WDW Monorail. I noticed your shirt, lol. I go to Stevens too and I was at the WDI presentation yesterday as well. Funny, I thought I was the only Disney freak at this school. I guess Stevens has got two aspiring Imagineers now.

PS
I am guessing you like monorails, I actually just got back from the college program and worked as a monorail pilot. Now I am the campus representative for our school. If your interested in maybe doing the program, let me know I could give you more information

Great! I'll be entering Stevens in the Fall.
I shall contact you if I decide to do the CP but I'm leaning toward the co-op now.

SewIn2Disney

I actually had tried linking to it earlier instead of the LP info and found out it's censored. it's not the disneyworld.com website, but they do have a website for press releases which is open to the public although you need to be registered for access to large images.

anyway, i posted a full review and dozens of photos on my page which you can get to through my homepage link in my profile here.

otherwise feel free to PM me.
I checked out your write-up on your website---great job!
What session did you go to? When we left (at the 12:30 session) they just handed out red notebooks to everyone, and the DVD to just the kids----everything you showed there was given away to the volunteers who appeared on stage. I guess they realized their mistake after the first few shows...lol.

SewIn2Disney

What session did you go to? When we left (at the 12:30 session) they just handed out red notebooks to everyone, and the DVD to just the kids----everything you showed there was given away to the volunteers who appeared on stage. I guess they realized their mistake after the first few shows...lol.
Well everyone's pretty much summed up the presentation, but I'd like to add a few more things:
First off---obligatory beginning shot:

This little contraption was amazing (as was everything we saw today---but no one has reviewed on this yet) Asa (on the right) told a volunteer (the young girl) to whisper continusly "i'm a spooky ghost" while Scott panned the white speaker across audience. We as the audience were instructed to raise our hand when we could hear the words. It was awesome, they could direct the words right at you, so it sounded like she was speaking right into your ear. They said this is poosible by shortening the wavelength of the sound so it can be more direct. Really creepy.

Here is where we were taught what kinds of chemicals go into making the colors in the fireworks

Amber (on the right) was my favorite--she seemed so natural, where some of the others seemed "rehearsed" almost. She demonstrated artifical intelligence. While she was my favorite Imagineer, the first half of her presentation was my least favorite---a little confusing.

But the second half was awesome! She brought out a stage with 9 cameras, and they pulled up 2 volunteers to demonstrate how Turtle Talk works. Really cool

Crush came by to ask Scott and some of the audience members questions

Anne demonstrating positioning devices that they put on the animals at the AK---this goes around an Elephant. She also showed how they tracked a sea turtle over several months----those suckers can really travel!

......few more to come.....

SewIn2Disney

Myself and Ric after the show. All the Imagineers were out to take pictures/ask questions to. They were all very nice and very informative.

Then we went to go visit lucky---who was wearing his poncho (why isnt there a Mickey on it's back? lol)

After wandering around the Science Festival (very crowded---but fun---I planted a plant, made a bouncy ball, etc), we went to the World of Disney store (of course!).

....one more set of pics.....

SewIn2Disney

This was my "goody bag" for being a volunteer. In the black bag was a Toontown Hologram notebook, a 14 day trial to Toontown online, a Jiminy Cricket Environmentality rubix cube, A Finding Nemo subs Inaugurial Voyage pin (they were really reaching for "prizes" here....lol), A blue WDI notebook with pen (really awesome), and a Sacred Planet DVD. The red notebook on the side was given to everyone, and is really nice. Each page has a Disney attraction sketch on one side, and graph paper on the other side. Really really awesome. And of course, I got to keep my airsick back from the roller coaster simulator (video up soon).

And the last thing in my bag was a t-shirt. It has a "mickonium" molecule on the front, along with the chemical box (number 5.08 for May 08), and on the sleeve it says World Science Fair 08.

On the back, there are two more molecules, and the words Walt Disney Imagineering. I love this shirt! I'm wearing it to the parks next week!

And here's my Imagineering book with everyones autograph!

As soon as my video of me in the roller coaster simulator is done uploading, I'll have a link for that too.
Thanks!

SewIn2Disney

I should have brought one of my imagineering books to get signed. Oh well.
That shirt looks great!

Yeah--the book means so much more to me now. If anyone is familiar with the Imagineering workout books, you'll know that each page is a story or drawing or quote from various Imagineers to help you boost your imagination. Unfortunately, none of the Imagineers there had anything in the books. It would have been awesome for them to sign their "story". Ben (the chemical guy) said he was supposed to be in it, but he submitted his story too late. The books are awesome---they have nothing to do with the parks, but are a great read.

The shirt is cool too. Unfortunately, they're kids sizes---thankfully it fits me, but I'll have to be careful not to put it in the dryer!

bradk

yeah, I was at the 10am show. I was lingering around afterwards waiting for the crowd to clear to get in a few more shots and I heard a lot of 'complaints' from the staff about the mobs. I think one who was passing out shirts before the show was even upset about how people would constantly be trying to get her attention if she was seen in the aisles with one. i heard one of them say they would try to prepare the table for the next show before the performance and just cover it all up.

i love lucky in his poncho

and thanks on the site. i realize some were having issues with the lightbox effect which is new to me so I replaced it with something else that needs to be tweaked when I have time but I hope it's working better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom