Luca, new Summer 2021 Pixar Film

mary2013

Having a hard time figuring out what this is about. I mean, I know it's about kids who are actually fish. But I mean REALLY about.

Like others, I'm not really getting anything from the trailers. It looks like a Pixar Indie film tbqh.
It sort of looks like The Little Merboy, without the romance.

erasure fan1

Having a hard time figuring out what this is about. I mean, I know it's about kids who are actually fish. But I mean REALLY about.

Like others, I'm not really getting anything from the trailers. It looks like a Pixar Indie film tbqh.
Yea pixar and trailers are pretty hit or miss with that. Hopefully they release a 2nd trailer that gives a bit of insight into the story. I can't say I've searched to see what the buzz is around this film. But I can say that in my circles, it's a wait for D+ release. I always say, a great trailer can change the buzz on a film. So here's hoping.

NateD1226

Just finished Luca and I thought it was very fun! There were lots of funny moments and the animation is just so amazing. I do think it was missing that Pixar charm that leaves a lasting impression on you after you watch. However, it was an adorable movie and I hope we get to explore these characters in the future!

dreday3

Just finished Luca and I thought it was very fun! There were lots of funny moments and the animation is just so amazing. I do think it was missing that Pixar charm that leaves a lasting impression on you after you watch. However, it was an adorable movie and I hope we get to explore these characters in the future!

I keep reading people saying this and I just completely disagree! This is absolutely on my "watch a bunch of times" list. Just the scene of them riding vespas in the air, or visiting Saturn...the grandma sleeping! :D

It looks different, sure, but for me at least - it's up there with Wall-E and Coco on the just pure joy list.

NateD1226

I keep reading people saying this and I just completely disagree! This is absolutely on my "watch a bunch of times" list. Just the scene of them riding vespas in the air, or visiting Saturn...the grandma sleeping! :D

It looks different, sure, but for me at least - it's up there with Wall-E and Coco on the just pure joy list.
Oh yes, it was extremely fun and made me laugh so many times. I just think many plot aspects were rushed. That doesn't mean the movie wasn't visually stunning. It was really beautiful and the colors just popped off the screen. I totally understand what your saying! My take on the movie was just that it was a tiny bit lackluster.

LittleBuford

Watched it last night and loved it! It’s beautifully animated, narratively engaging, and thematically uplifting. The only thing that didn’t work for me was the idea that Luca’s parents would splash the town’s children in order to reveal their son—given how scared they claim to be of his being discovered, that made no sense.

It also resonated with my memories of being a gay kid, and it seems I’m not alone in that reading:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom