LTM- "Long Lost Friends Week"- What do YOU think we should expect?

luv

I'd like to see the Coral Reef at Epcot. I really liked the Coral Reef. It was funny, interesting and very appealing.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd love to have them both back & I'd line up for merch for both!
Don't know how much more stuff I can fit in my house asst. stuffed, cups,figures, magnets, hats, hand puppet, painting even have figment pack packed for my next trip almost forgot clock circa 1984

secondstartotheright

Brer Fox and Brer Bear appear every Sunday at the Hilton DTD character breakfast. Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear appear in the Frontierland Hoedown. All three may meet randomly in Camp Minnie Mickey.
Really? I had no idea....I haven't seen them in years.

asianway

Really? I had no idea....I haven't seen them in years.
That correlates from the degradation of characters as atmosphere entertainment to high capacity sweatshops in the past ten years. Unless theyre chained to the flagpole there is no visibility.

Some of them are around if you know where to look, others are brought out sparingly for certain events, and others-well Drew mentioned a fire...

KCheatle

100% will not happen

I have to ask why or how you know 100%? I know the characters exist - they are in Paris:

5823507591_554796efbb_z.jpg

KCheatle

In the last 10-15 years, it seems as if Pete has made a pretty regular appearance through the Goofy movies, the Christmas movies (Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, etc.), House of Mouse and now Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - I'm suprised he isn't a regular character?

asianway

I get it -they're in Paris so how could they be here? But, you don't think they have an extra set of costumes that could be shipped here for this occasion?
Afaik there is no extra. To do that would require someone feeling it was important enough to make it happen, cut thru the politics, & them cast them.

Given they threw about the likes of Clarabelle on the release, I'll say nigh impossible. Plus, when DL did this last time they stacked the vote by putting Donald & Daisy on the ballot, who naturally won.

I think Esmeralda & Clopinwinning were a fluke

CountryBearFan

The ones at DL disintegrated in '93

WRONG! DL still had Bernard & Bianca in the early 2000's. They appeared in the Parade of the Stars during that park's 45th anniversary and they also popped up at a few special events, including an appearance during a musical number in the 2004 Xmas Day Parade TV special where they and a bunch of other secondary characters danced to the Brother Bear song "Welcome".

As for the "burned" characters, I will remain optimistic that they will get rebuilt and return to the parks as possible appearing characters again.

asianway

WRONG! DL still had Bernard & Bianca in the early 2000's. They appeared in the Parade of the Stars during that park's 45th anniversary and they also popped up at a few special events, including an appearance during a musical number in the 2004 Xmas Day Parade TV special where they and a bunch of other secondary characters danced to the Brother Bear song "Welcome".

As for the "burned" characters, I will remain optimistic that they will get rebuilt and return to the parks as possible appearing characters again.
I owe you a cookie

Skip

Look at that, the first post I've ever seen from you that contributes something. Good info, thanks.

I'd like to think we'll actually get to see some "rare" characters... but the ones mentioned aren't promising. Tweedle Dee & Dum? Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't they fairly common? Clarabelle is uncommon, sure, but rare? I know Flik doesn't appear much anymore, but I still wouldn't categorize him as necessarily "rare..."

If anything, I'd like to see the more promotional character costumes that coincided with each new release the past couple decades... Hunchback, Hercules, Robin Hood, Meet the Robinsons, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Pocahontas (does Ratcliffe appear outside of Fantasmic! these days?), etc... Maybe a few Disney Afternoon characters and other miscellaneous oddities, too. I feel like the aim should be to legitimately surprise people with characters people haven't seen in years... not throwing out a few side characters.

Cosmic Commando

You'd think this event would be the perfect time to introduce the first Oswald walk-around. Is he EVER going to appear in the parks, and I don't mean just on a poster?
That was the absolute first thing I thought of when they announced this; specifically with the way they called it "Long Lost Friends". I mean... Flik? Didn't he appear every day until very recently? It would be the perfect way to get Oswald going. Having him out for one week would guarantee massive lines, and then maybe bring him out at parties or something to make sure he can still draw a crowd. You can do all that without committing to him being out every day.

CountryBearFan

I'd like to think we'll actually get to see some "rare" characters... but the ones mentioned aren't promising. Tweedle Dee & Dum? Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't they fairly common? Clarabelle is uncommon, sure, but rare? I know Flik doesn't appear much anymore, but I still wouldn't categorize him as necessarily "rare..."

If you read that paragraph in the article on the Disney Parks Blog, they only said that those specific dropped names were "possible", not "definite".

It also said that people will be able to vote for the characters that they want to see, similar to what DL did for its Character Fan Days weekend in early 2011.

Therefore, the specifically-mentioned ones won't actually appear unless they get enough votes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom