Love Bug Update

mk12a

I just saw a couple today when I was mowing my lawn. :( Hopefully they won't be as bad as they were in May...

Greg34

I drove to Miami for Mermorial Day weekend and didn't go the normal route. Instead I took highway 60 through the middle of nowhere FL to the turnpike. The Lovebugs were horrible down there after 40 miles on that road I had to stop at a gas station to clean my window. Coming back from Miami my truck started to overheat on me in Vero Beach. I ended up waiting for it to cool off then washing out the radiator. I had enough dead lovebugs in there to fill a 5 gallon bucket.

sissa216

I remember in October 03 and 05 they were everywhere and annoying...
but I've never seen them so bad that they'll ruin your vacation.
I don't even remember them until somebody brings them up

FLears

I found one (well two:rolleyes: ) on my patio yesterday. Last year was one of the worst ever, I hope this isn't a sign of whats to come. I drove up I-95 yesterday and had none on my car- maybe by backyard is some weird breeding ground, if I find more I'll take a pic.

How long do they last? A month a week? We'll be there in 2 weeks.

Hey fellow Pittsburgher.......we, too, will be there in just over 2 weeks (Friday, 9/28, to Sunday, 10/07). We'll be staying at POR.......heading to MNSSHP on Friday the 28th! See you there!!! :wave:

When we went this time last year we had to stop a couple of times to wash them off the windshield. Everytime we head down we wish we don't run into them,

raremerebear

I saw 2 yesterday joined at the, um, well, whatever it is they're joined at land on my windshield, but they're the only ones I've seen in weeks :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom