Trip Report Lots of New for The Same Old Crew

Hello, hello!! I'm back!! I assume you all remember me considering I just wrapped up my last TR less than 24 hours ago!! :hilarious:

WHO: As the title says--The Same Old Crew!!
IMG_7032.JPEG

WHERE: The Yacht Club!! E found that awesome AP deal during our October/November trip!!
IMG_8816.JPEG

WHEN: Friday, January 22nd - Monday, January 25th

BACKSTORY: J had either Friday or Monday(I can't remember which) off school so he would only have to miss one day. I usually work Sundays & if I'm not there that means my boss has to work. I originally booked my room for Friday & Saturday night & booked an early flight out Sunday morning so I could still work the late shift that day. When I asked him about having Friday & Saturday off as my 2 days off for the week he said that was fine. He asked me about Sunday & I told him that I figured I would have to work but......E & J were staying until Monday. He told me he would work for me on Sunday so I could stay longer!! Woo Hoo!! An extra full day in Disney!! I ended up flying home early Monday(E & J had a later flight) so I could work the late shift that day.

As it turned out it was cheaper to fly home on Monday so I ended up with a Southwest credit!! I tried to add an additional day on to the room & it wouldn't let me. I just ended up booking another reservation for Sunday night & it was at a lower rate than the already low rates we had for Friday & Saturday!!

We had a 10:30ish flight. I drove to the airport b/c when I landed on Monday I would literally have to drive right to work to be able to make it on time. Since E & J's flight was later JSR was going to pick them up when they got back.
Gotta take the pic to remember where I parked the car. I'm glad I remembered to do that b/c something bizarre happened to me right before that. For whatever reason I ended up not driving through the area where you get your parking ticket. So---how was I to get out come Monday?? Also, I was still scratching my head on how I even got in--to this day I still can't figure it out. Of course, no one was around for me to ask so I decided not to worry about it until Monday. I figured the worst that would happen was that I would have to pay the max rate for not having a ticket. Not what I would really want to do but whatever.
IMG_8780.JPEG

We stopped at Chick-fil-A for some breakfast.
IMG_8781.JPEG

And Dunkin' for coffee. Darn Starbucks still isn't open!!
IMG_8782.JPEG

It was pretty full at our gate so we sat at another one that was empty.
IMG_8783.JPEG

We were leaving typical Pittsburgh weather behind.
IMG_8784.PNG

And headed for this!!
IMG_8785.PNG

As we got on the plane E saw 2 seats in row 2 were empty. There was an aisle seat in row 1 that was empty also. They sat in 2 & I sat in 1.
IMG_8788.JPEG

No SVU on that day but another favorite of mine was so that made the time go by real quick!!
IMG_8789.PNG

amjt660

Premium Member
The only lobby that smells better than the Beach Club is the Yacht Club!

@amjt660 Max beat me to the Annakin reference. Lol!
well you know you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to ......

Wait - I think I did this already with @krisri18

Holy Deja vu Batman!

Max

(PS -if it makes feel any better Patti is not a big Star Wars fan so I do not think she actually got the Anakin reference - but I know a bunch of other people did!!)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
The only lobby that smells better than the Beach Club is the Yacht Club!
Totally agree!!
I can't get over how empty the Rose N Crown Bar was on a Friday afternoon! Isn't it so fun having those Princess cavalcade parades go right by you in WS!!! Nice PP of you all.
Yes--I really enjoy them!!
Thank you very much!!
I am late but I am in!
Yay--glad you're here!!
well you know you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to ......

Wait - I think I did this already with @krisri18

Holy Deja vu Batman!

Max

(PS -if it makes feel any better Patti is not a big Star Wars fan so I do not think she actually got the Anakin reference - but I know a bunch of other people did!!)
Whew---I can breathe a sigh of relief. I kept rereading after @fractal said that trying to figure out what I missed. I just assumed that----well, never mind.
Can you clarify for me??

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

Time to go Soarin'!!
IMG_8866.JPEG

Not a bad wait time for a Friday afternoon--or any other day for that matter!!
IMG_8867.JPEG

It was super empty in The Land.
IMG_8870.JPEG

We then headed up to the front of the park.
IMG_8871.JPEG

Not too many strollers around.
IMG_8872.JPEG

But there were still lots of walls!! 🤣
IMG_8873.JPEG

We took a spin on Spaceship Earth but I didn't bother to take any pictures. Mine never turn out good anyways!!
IMG_8874.JPEG

Had to check this out for a minute!!
IMG_8875.JPEG

We went into one of the shops & lucky for me it cooperated!!
IMG_8876.JPEG

Such a nice, quiet day at Epcot!!
IMG_8877.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

Some more walls....
IMG_8878.JPEG

J wanted to pay Nemo a visit so we headed there next.
IMG_8879.JPEG

IMG_8881.JPEG

Then Figment.
IMG_8882.JPEG

We had time for one more attraction before we had to leave. We saved the best for last. J loves this ride!!
IMG_8884.JPEG

The wait wasn't long & E spent the time talking to the guy in line behind us. He was from California.
IMG_8885.JPEG

Then it was time for the big letdown. The ride went down & they had us exit out some side door. J was quite bummed:cry:
IMG_8886.JPEG

No Test Track for us!! BTW--the guy on the far right was E's new friend she met in line.
IMG_8887.JPEG

To soften the blow of not getting to ride E bought J a new mask which he absolutely loves!!
IMG_8888.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

We made our way out. It was a beautiful late afternoon & we were happy with how much we accomplished(minus Test Track) in such a short amount of time!!
IMG_8890.JPEG

Hello Beach Club!!
IMG_8891.JPEG

We wandered inside for a few minutes.
IMG_8892.JPEG

Still not open....
IMG_8893.JPEG

Our dinner was here!! I was excited b/c this was a first for all of us. The plus of staying at new resorts is that we've been(& are) trying new places!!
IMG_8894.JPEG

I have wanted to eat here for quite some time so when we knew we were staying at The Yacht Club we made sure we got a reservation at the 60 day mark.
IMG_8895.JPEG

I thought this table was adorable!!
IMG_8896.JPEG

We were seated within a few minutes of checking in. I didn't take many pictures & the ones I did are lousy.
IMG_8897.JPEG

And crooked.....
IMG_8898.JPEG

I don't know what I was expecting but the restaurant wasn't as "fun" as I thought it would be. Does that make sense??
I thought the decor was pretty boring & there wasn't as much as I thought there would be. It's not that I hated it but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting esp. for a restaurant that just went through a remodel not all that long ago.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

The service was good & our food came out in a timely fashion. I had the French Dip. A good friend of mine raved about this sandwich so my mind was made up that I would get it. It was fine but nothing special. The same goes for the onion rings.
IMG_8899.JPEG

J had a chicken sandwich.
IMG_8900.JPEG

And E had a bowl of chili.
IMG_8901.JPEG

We all know I'm not an ice cream fan but when in Rome.....
IMG_8902.JPEG

J got this.
IMG_8903.JPEG

He enjoyed it!!
IMG_8904.JPEG

So, overall our dinner was decent. But IMO I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back unless I was staying in that area again. But, I am happy that we tried something new!!

With that(it was about 7:30) it was time for bed!! 🤣

Songbird76

FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

The service was good & our food came out in a timely fashion. I had the French Dip. A good friend of mine raved about this sandwich so my mind was made up that I would get it. It was fine but nothing special. The same goes for the onion rings.
View attachment 543344

J had a chicken sandwich.
View attachment 543345

And E had a bowl of chili.
View attachment 543346

We all know I'm not an ice cream fan but when in Rome.....
View attachment 543347

J got this.
View attachment 543348

He enjoyed it!!
View attachment 543349

So, overall our dinner was decent. But IMO I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back unless I was staying in that area again. But, I am happy that we tried something new!!

With that(it was about 7:30) it was time for bed!! 🤣
I want that french dip!!! I've never had an actual meal at B&C...we've only ever gone for ice cream. But I love french dip and it's something that doesn't exist here, so I would be all over that. I introduced my daughter to french dip on our last trip, and she's hooked now, too. I also want to try the grilled cheese there.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I don't know what I was expecting but the restaurant wasn't as "fun" as I thought it would be. Does that make sense??
I thought the decor was pretty boring & there wasn't as much as I thought there would be. It's not that I hated it but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting esp. for a restaurant that just went through a remodel not all that long ago.
As a B&C vet, I agree that the place isn't as fun as it used to be. The two main reasons:

1. The refurbishment doubled the restaurant's size so the intimate charm of a "hole in the wall" diner is gone. The jukebox is no longer prominently featured (it's now off to the side) which had added to the ambiance. The new color palette is more muted. And from most tables you can no longer see the cooks manning the grill or creating ice cream concoctions, which was also part of the experience.

2. Covid protocols removed the "pomp and circumstance" interactive fun when a Kitchen Sink is brought to a table, or when someone is celebrating a birthday.

Give B&C another try when pandemic restrictions are gone.

slipperalwaysfits

Then it was time for the big letdown. The ride went down & they had us exit out some side door. J was quite bummed
OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh, bummer about Test Track. I hope J gets to go back soon and ride it! Sweet of E to buy a mask for him. :geek:

My hubby and I LOVE Beaches and Cream, but we are diner/Ice Cream people! I often get the Hot Dog or Grilled Cheese and Soup!
J's ice cream looked sooooooo cute, I'm glad he loved it! 😍

My grandfather attended Westminster College in Missouri, but it probably isn't the same one represented on your shirt! I googled the name, and there are about ten Westminster Colleges in the US alone! Crazy!

amjt660

Premium Member
Whew---I can breathe a sigh of relief. I kept rereading after @fractal said that trying to figure out what I missed. I just assumed that----well, never mind.
Can you clarify for me??

Hello Patti
I am not a Star Wars expert - just a fan - so here goes

The SW movies ( Episode 1-9) are primarily focused on the Skywalker family
Anakin starts Ep 1 as a small boy and grows up in the first 3 Ep and becomes the vilian Dark Vader. (who you should know!)
Luke and Leia are his two children and they are the focus of Episode 4-6
I will not try to explain 7-9

In Ep 2 Anakin is falling for Padme Amidala (former Queen now a Senator) and eventually they will marry and she will have the twins.
During their romance (this part of the movie was really bad - the dialogue is cringe worthy) Padme is reminiscing about the past and swimming/lying on the sand. Anakin replies that he does "not like sand, its coarse, and rough and irritating. And it gets everywhere"
Anakin grew up on a desert planet as a slave - so his memories of sand are very different than hers.

Anyways, the line is so bad , and delivered so badly that it has become a very popular meme.

Hope this helps

Max

Doc Disney

I feel the same way about Beaches and Cream. I've been there pre and post renovation (and pre and post COVID) and honesty never really liked it. We went again our last trip and again we felt meh. I just don't get the hype.

lindawdw

You really did accomplish so much at Epcot on this day and the crowd levels were so low!!!! I'm with you on Beaches and Cream Patti. We ate there last year after they re-opened and it was a big disappointment. I'd go there for ice cream but nothing else.

PolynesianPrincess

Bummed y'all didn't get to ride TT :(
We haven't been to Beaches since before the refurb. Before I became vegetarian I always got the burger and it as REALLY good!! Since then though we've only done the to go window for our ice cream since the sundaes are AMAZING!!! Now that that is closed, we booked an ADR for next month. We figure we might get dinner or we might jut get ice cream. Depends how much we snack at Epcot during the day!
J's new mask is super cool!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I want that french dip!!! I've never had an actual meal at B&C...we've only ever gone for ice cream. But I love french dip and it's something that doesn't exist here, so I would be all over that. I introduced my daughter to french dip on our last trip, and she's hooked now, too. I also want to try the grilled cheese there.
It was good but nothing super exciting. I may have not thought it to be that great b/c I wasn't that impressed with the restaurant though!!
I’ve had some really solid burgers there. If you like a burger cooked on a flat top it might be an option if you go back.
I don't eat burgers too often--I have to really be in the mood for them. But, I will definitely keep that in mind b/c I do like a good one!!
As a B&C vet, I agree that the place isn't as fun as it used to be. The two main reasons:

1. The refurbishment doubled the restaurant's size so the intimate charm of a "hole in the wall" diner is gone. The jukebox is no longer prominently featured (it's now off to the side) which had added to the ambiance. The new color palette is more muted. And from most tables you can no longer see the cooks manning the grill or creating ice cream concoctions, which was also part of the experience.

2. Covid protocols removed the "pomp and circumstance" interactive fun when a Kitchen Sink is brought to a table, or when someone is celebrating a birthday.

Yeah--it just wasn't as "fun" as I expected it to be.
I never rule anything out after the first time(it may just take me awhile to get back there though) so I'm sure we'll try it again at some point.
OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh, bummer about Test Track. I hope J gets to go back soon and ride it! Sweet of E to buy a mask for him. :geek:
Spoiler--he did!!
My hubby and I LOVE Beaches and Cream, but we are diner/Ice Cream people! I often get the Hot Dog or Grilled Cheese and Soup!
J's ice cream looked sooooooo cute, I'm glad he loved it! 😍

My grandfather attended Westminster College in Missouri, but it probably isn't the same one represented on your shirt! I googled the name, and there are about ten Westminster Colleges in the US alone! Crazy!
I'm really not an ice cream person so maybe that had something to do with it also.

It definitely is not the same one!!
Oh, I hadn’t noticed this! Is this the one in New Wilmington? I grew up in that area and have been to their campus many times!
Yes--that's the one!! He got one of his masters(for administration) there.
Epcot looked so quite in your photographs!
It was a really nice day there!!
Hello Patti
I am not a Star Wars expert - just a fan - so here goes

The SW movies ( Episode 1-9) are primarily focused on the Skywalker family
Anakin starts Ep 1 as a small boy and grows up in the first 3 Ep and becomes the vilian Dark Vader. (who you should know!)
Luke and Leia are his two children and they are the focus of Episode 4-6
I will not try to explain 7-9

In Ep 2 Anakin is falling for Padme Amidala (former Queen now a Senator) and eventually they will marry and she will have the twins.
During their romance (this part of the movie was really bad - the dialogue is cringe worthy) Padme is reminiscing about the past and swimming/lying on the sand. Anakin replies that he does "not like sand, its coarse, and rough and irritating. And it gets everywhere"
Anakin grew up on a desert planet as a slave - so his memories of sand are very different than hers.

Anyways, the line is so bad , and delivered so badly that it has become a very popular meme.

Hope this helps

Max
That helped a ton!! Thanks!! And yes, I do know who Darth Vader is!! 🤣
I feel the same way about Beaches and Cream. I've been there pre and post renovation (and pre and post COVID) and honesty never really liked it. We went again our last trip and again we felt meh. I just don't get the hype.
Whew!! I'm glad it's just not me!!
You really did accomplish so much at Epcot on this day and the crowd levels were so low!!!! I'm with you on Beaches and Cream Patti. We ate there last year after they re-opened and it was a big disappointment. I'd go there for ice cream but nothing else.
It was very nice!!
I wouldn't even go there for ice cream though!!
Bummed y'all didn't get to ride TT :(
We haven't been to Beaches since before the refurb. Before I became vegetarian I always got the burger and it as REALLY good!! Since then though we've only done the to go window for our ice cream since the sundaes are AMAZING!!! Now that that is closed, we booked an ADR for next month. We figure we might get dinner or we might jut get ice cream. Depends how much we snack at Epcot during the day!
J's new mask is super cool!
Yeah--it stinks waiting in line only to have it go down.
You're the 2nd person talking about the burger so I may have to try that next time!!
I hope you enjoy your dinner and/or ice cream there!!
You are lucky to experience Epcot when it was low crowds. I think that now it is really crowded, according to the trip reports.
You got to go at a great time, before the crowds started. I think disney will be very crowded all summer into December, especially as the restrictions lessen up.
I was happy about that!! I must say though we were there this past Saturday & while it was a bit crowded it really was manageable esp for a weekend day!!
Just joined in! So sad you didn't like B&C. I liked it when we went, which was before the reno. I think I would miss the small diner vibe with the renovations though. Also that is the kind of food I eat all the time, so I like getting something different on vacation.
I knew about the renovations but for some reason I was still expecting something more "quaint & fun" and I just didn't get that feeling. It's ok though. I still enjoy trying new places & am glad that we did!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom