LOST VIDEO CAMERA ON SUNDAY, 2/28 in ORLANDO DISNEY MAGIC KINGDOM

Nmolter

Original Poster
:(:(:(:(I'm a distraught mom. We lost our camera bag (with our video camera AND pocket-size digital camera inside) in the Magic Kingdom on Sunday, 2/28, between 5:45 and 6:15pm, in the shops along Main Street or exiting the park (at the stroller return?, on the monorail?, at the entrance?...). Our daughter's birthday, "a day as a Disney princess", is captured on video. It's breaking our hearts to have lost this very special memory for her. If you find this message and found our camera(s), I'll be forever grateful. You will have made our little princess' birthday truly magical for all of us.
Sleeplessmom

DizneyPryncess

I'm so sorry this happened to you!

I'm sure you have done this already, but make sure all the people where you think you may have lost it know about it. Ask at City Hall, tell the monorail conductors, tell the people at the stroller return, etc. You never know where it might have turned up, and who might know something. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you find it.

Dwarful

Good luck. Did you stop by Guest Services? Have you called if you are at home? Give detailed description, hopefully an honeset person found it and turned it in.

MAGICFLOP

I smell a hoax... 1 post and no follow up???

In case it is not. Go to the lost and found. It is located at the ticket and transportation center. All things found end up there. Tell them when and about where you lost and they have it filed. I found my kids mickey hat the next day there.

Nmolter

Original Poster
Thanx dwarful, pryncess, et al. Yes, WDW lost and found has all details. I ws looking for a way to post the lost cameras on the internet and found this blog through google. Hoping for a little kindness...

preludevtec01

This is not a blog, but a forum. Welcome and I wish you the best of luck. What happen to the bag? Was it stolen, fall of a stroller... I am just curious.

luvlifeinfl

We had lost a cell phone a few yrs ago in Epcot I was just so upset with ourselves, we too contacted lost & found and basically wrote the phone off. We contacted our cell provider and went throught the process of shutting off the phone.

We returned from our vacation and returned to our normal lives and I think it was 3 days later we recieved a package in the mail from Disney, can you believe it? it was our cell phone. So I just hope that you have the same magical experience of the camera being found & returned.

BigRedDad

I'm so sorry for you. I hope WDW finds it and returns it. Or at least the person that "found" it realizes the cherished memories are far more valuable than the camera and at least gives back the videos and pictures. My video camera and digital camera never leave my side. It is over $2000 in gear. I keep it close like it were $2000 in cash. I would not set the cash down, so I am not setting my camera bag down.

pcarathers

we had this happen to us last May at All Star Sports...my nephew and his best friend had gone out that evening to walk around the resort...they came back in the room later that night and around midnight, woke us up..they had realized they didnt bring the backpack back with them when they returned...they had gone to the "football field" section and his friend had taken the backpack to get some video footage of the resort...they set the bag down to toss a ball they had purchased earlier in the day and then left the bag under a bench. we immediately sent them to the area to look, which was no good...NOTHING! We went to the front desk and filled out the lost property form.....we figured one of the THOUSANDS of school kids that were there found it and got themselves a very nice dvd camera.....but not only was the camera in there, but a picture the boys had taken that day at Star Tours. they could have just taken the camera but to take the whole bag and then not do anything but toss it and the photo....classless....we never heard anything more regarding the camera or bag/photo, so to whoever took it, i hope you get enjoyment every time you use it knowing that it was not yours and you could have and SHOULD have turned it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

BigRedDad

you could have and SHOULD have turned it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

This is the problem with Society today. People are brought up with absolutely no respect. This is a change in only 3 decades. I know when I was a child, my dad would have only allowed me to open the bag to see if we could find the owner and then turn it in to the rightful place.

Figment632

This is the problem with Society today. People are brought up with absolutely no respect. This is a change in only 3 decades. I know when I was a child, my dad would have only allowed me to open the bag to see if we could find the owner and then turn it in to the rightful place.

People today are classless animals :shrug:

Yensid40

Agreed. But whenever my father and I are together trouble usually follows. We would have taken a few pictures of us with the camera first or a few minutes of video of us waving or something. :shrug: I don't know. If it happened to me I would laugh.

At any rate...

We left some stuff in our room once and it showed up a few days later when we go home. Granted it was never really lost but they do send stuff back to you.

Good Luck.

devoy1701

I had a point and shoot camera slide out of my pocket on the monorail...didn't even realize it until the next day when we were walking to the parks. Turned up in Lost and Found without a problem.

Not everyone is classless. :)

Nmolter

Original Poster
Prelud, luvlife, bigred: Thank you all; stupidly, i just set it down somewhere in the rush to exit the park. Entirely my fault. I posted on Craigslist Orlando. Is anyone aware of another site on which to post?

LucyintheSky

I can't really give you any advice other than what's already been said, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry that happened, and I really hope you get your cameras back.

BigRedDad

Unfortunately, in all honesty, if you lost it on 02/28 and it has not been turned into Disney's Lost & Found, it most likely never will. I don't want to seem like a downer, but if the right person found it, it would have been turned in by now.

Did you have any type of identification in the bag?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom