Lost Parents

sbkline

Oh sbkline, are you going off on one of your little tangents again?

Darn right. Someone's got to liven this place up. :D

Now, if you had been taking your little guy when he was just a small sack of potatoes, you wouldn't have to worry about him getting lost. He would know the area so well by now that you'd find him sitting back in your hotel room eating your Pringles with the mousekeeper. :p :ROFLOL:

Well then I'd have to yell at him for wasting time back in the hotel room when he should be out conquering the parks with his old man...and for making me waste time out of my commando style touring of the parks to have to come back to the hotel to get him...and, of course, for eating my pringles. :kiss:

TwoTigersMom

Darn right. Someone's got to liven this place up. :D

Well then I'd have to yell at him for wasting time back in the hotel room when he should be out conquering the parks with his old man...and for making me waste time out of my commando style touring of the parks to have to come back to the hotel to get him...and, of course, for eating my pringles. :kiss:

:ROFLOL: You're just a mean old man. Send that little boy down here and I'll let him get lost at Disney and eat all the Pringles he wants. :lol:

sbkline

Seriously, though, I know it's not always the children's fault that they get lost. Sometimes it's just an innocent mishap for which no one is to blame. While I understand the whole "lost parents" thing, from the perspective of an employee trying to calm a frightened child, in common talk, such as here on this messageboard, to me it will always be a "lost child". To try to change the wording to "lost parent" just to try to assign blame, in my opinion, is overthinking the situation. It's not a matter of whose fault it is. Whether it is the parent's fault, the child's fault, or nobody's fault, the bottom line is that there is a lost child. And I'm sure that of all those people, for years and years, who referred to it as a "lost child", none of them had thought it through in their minds that they wanted to say it that way so as to place blame on anyone. It is the parent who knows where he is and how he got there, how to get back, where the room is, etc, and it is the child who has no clue how to get where he needs to be, so logically speaking, when the two get seperated, it is the child who is lost, not the parent.

Heck, I don't know why I am even arguing this. I'm sitting here wasting my time on a computer arguing why "lost child" makes more sense than "lost parent"...and by doing so, I am just as silly as those people who make such a big taddoo about calling it a "lost parent"! I really need to go to bed and get some sleep! :hammer:

maggiegrace1

:ROFLOL: You're just a mean old man. Send that little boy down here and I'll let him get lost at Disney and eat all the Pringles he wants. :lol:
:ROFLOL:

Tell him Heidi!

Steve, bring me that baby girl and I will watch her and love on her on Small World so you can go ride the other rides..Heidi will let your little man get lost and then we will all be happy..;)

maggiegrace1

Seriously, though, I know it's not always the children's fault that they get lost. Sometimes it's just an innocent mishap for which no one is to blame. While I understand the whole "lost parents" thing, from the perspective of an employee trying to calm a frightened child, in common talk, such as here on this messageboard, to me it will always be a "lost child". To try to change the wording to "lost parent" just to try to assign blame, in my opinion, is overthinking the situation. It's not a matter of whose fault it is. Whether it is the parent's fault, the child's fault, or nobody's fault, the bottom line is that there is a lost child. And I'm sure that of all those people, for years and years, who referred to it as a "lost child", none of them had thought it through in their minds that they wanted to say it that way so as to place blame on anyone. It is the parent who knows where he is and how he got there, how to get back, where the room is, etc, and it is the child who has no clue how to get where he needs to be, so logically speaking, when the two get seperated, it is the child who is lost, not the parent.

Heck, I don't know why I am even arguing this. I'm sitting here wasting my time on a computer arguing why "lost child" makes more sense than "lost parent"...and by doing so, I am just as silly as those people who make such a big taddoo about calling it a "lost parent"! I really need to go to bed and get some sleep! :hammer:
We knew that already...:lol::p:kiss:

Kiss them babies for me and sleep good..:)

andyg711

Point well made, lost is lost. That is why I posted about that gps tracker thing in a previous post http://rent.bigleapgps.com All of those name id tags, etc. are great but also are not going to help ME find my missing daughter. They assume that the child will tell someone they are lost- which could take a long time if too pre-occupied with whatever they are doing. I would rather know that someone can see and direct me to where she is with just a phone call.

It looks like that gps company is now advertising on this site also on the WDW and Kids forum.

ShatteredByLoss

Many years ago, my brother and I were collecting autographs at the Magic Kingdom. At the time they had the characters all come out in front of the Castle and stand around and you could go from one to the other.

My brother ran ahead of me and got lost in the crowd. I went to my Mom and told her that I couldn't find him and that we had gotten seperated.

We looked around the crowd of people rather frantically but couldn't seem to locate him anywhere.

Then, out of the blue, we found him. Sitting with a CM and talking about who his favorite character was.

When my Mom approached, my brother (who was about 6 at the time) hopped up and waved and introduced his new friend (the CM).

The CM, was very friendly, but asked my Mom to show identification (drivers license if I am remembering correctly) to prove who she was before she would allow my brother to go with us. She compared it to the name label in the back of my brothers shirt where my Mom had sewn a tag with her information on it.

My brother insisted that the CM sign his autograph book and we got a picture of us all together.

As we were leaving (and for the next couple of days) my brother would continually tell my Mom that she had better not get lost, but incase she did, he had more room in his autograph book for more Disney People to sign. LoL :ROFLOL:

To this day, he still tells that story and still has the autograph book. When we go to Disney now, he makes sure to tell my Mom that it's okay if she decides to "Get Lost" :lol:

Anyways, just a funny experience that I'd thought I'd share..

- Loss

NYwdwfan

They actually have companies now that make temporary tattoos that you can customize with your cell phone, etc. and put on your kid's arm in case you are separated. Pretty cool idea!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom