'Lost' Mickey Mouse cartoon from 1951

NX2I85

Original Poster
Please excuse if this is in the wrong place, but it warmed the cockles of my fanboy heart. Harry Knowles over at AICN has found a Mickey Mouse short that has been stored away somewhere, apparently for a long time. At any rate, it is new to me and it gave me a smile to enjoy it. You can watch the whole cartoon and ready what Harry Knowles has to say about it
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46327
I'd like to see ol' Hector the Bee in the parks someday. :p

*I apologize if this is in the wrong spot, but I really don't read any other forum at this site.

*Some of AICN is NSFW but this link to the video should be worry-free.

janoimagine

Yes, he was also in a Donald Duck cartoon. Not sure what the title was, but they were stranded on an island together.

Edit: That was a beetle in that cartoon. The one with the bee was on a crowded beach.

Dizmentia

What a find--very different for a Mickey Mouse short (especially the use of the narrator voice)! That 50s character design of Mickey has always been one of my favorites. It seems like it would pretty easy to go ahead and finish this.

NX2I85

Original Poster
Is it just me or does the Bee in "muppetvision 3D" have a resemblance to Hector? :shrug:

Hmmm... maybe.

What a find--very different for a Mickey Mouse short (especially the use of the narrator voice)! That 50s character design of Mickey has always been one of my favorites. It seems like it would pretty easy to go ahead and finish this.

I think I recall reading in the Gabler bio that in the early 50's Walt was rethinking the use of Mickey's voice. Maybe that's why a narrator was used in this short. :shrug: I'd love to see it finished too, maybe as a short before an upcoming feature.

WDWfanatic89

yup. wow, Walt Disney Company must really want this one to stay hidden!! Hopefully someone ripped it from YouTube and would be kind enough to post is again somewhere else maybe lol

Maerj

That sucks, at least I got to see it last night. If anyone can grab a copy of this or if its at a torrent site let us know.

MKCP 1985

Jack Kinney, the director of that bit, was a great character. You should read his book sometime for a politically incorrect insight into working "at Disney's" back in the day. He won an Oscar for "Der Fuerher's Face," available in the Disney Treasures DVD collection (the tin box collection).

Too bad they yanked the video so quickly. Oh well,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom