Lost Dreams Trivia

FigmentDream

Original Poster
These questions are all about plans of WDI that never got built, let's see how many of you know so much about Disney you even know what didn't happen......

1) Name the original 3 MK area hotels that were never built

2) What current park was originally planned as two separate parks?

3) Give the original name for Disney's Animal Kingdom

4)Describe two of the originally planned icons for Westcot

5) What is the name of the ride planned as the other half to Thunder Mesa to connect Big Thunder Mountain to where Splash Mountain stands in Forntierland at MK.

6) What ride was built instead of the one in question 5

7) EPCOT almost got what pavilion, till it was built as a separate park, and where was this building going to be located?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by FigmentDream
These questions are all about plans of WDI that never got built, let's see how many of you know so much about Disney you even know what didn't happen......

1) Name the original 3 MK area hotels that were never built

2) What current park was originally planned as two separate parks?

3) Give the original name for Disney's Animal Kingdom

4)Describe two of the originally planned icons for Westcot

5) What is the name of the ride planned as the other half to Thunder Mesa to connect Big Thunder Mountain to where Splash Mountain stands in Forntierland at MK.

6) What ride was built instead of the one in question 5

7) EPCOT almost got what pavilion, till it was built as a separate park, and where was this building going to be located?

I don't know all...but I think I know some...
1. one of them was a venetian and one was a mediterranean I believe

2. Epcot was originally planned as two separate parks

3. Wasn't it Disney's Wild Kingdom or Disney's Wild Animal Kingdom

4. No Idea

5. Geyser Mountain

6. I believe it was Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

7. A Movie pavilion...which turned into Disney's MGM Studios...and it was to be placed in between the Land and JII...

FigmentDream

Original Poster
1. Veneitan is right, still need the other two

2. Yes

3. Disney's Wild Animal Kingdom is correct

4.No

5. No

6. No

7. Yes

You were preety far off on 5 and 6 so I'll give another clue the ride that got built instead is in MK and rather similar to the ride that it got built instead of. Looking at a list of when attractions open would help greatly it should be preety obvious that this popular of an attraction did not open with the park.

TinkerBell9988

I love this trivia game, Figment Dream!

I have to do some extensive research before I can answer all of your questions.

But I know #1.....:animwink:

RobFL

Account Suspended
5. A river expedition ride through the southwest-ish type area because the Carribean/Lousianna themes weren't expected to go over well with the FL audience.

6. Pirates of the Carribean

No..?

-Rob

FigmentDream

Original Poster
6. is right but do you know the name for the attraction in 5

4. Not really, giant glass domes were the icon for Walt's Disney Sea park to be built at long beach, califonia.

One answer to number 4 can be found in the Walt Disney Imagineering book, the other will take alittle common sense.

FigmentDream

Original Poster

Glad you got it out of your system but that was part of the question.......

Here is a big hint, the ride is:
W _ _ _ _ _ _ R _ _ _ _ E _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Tinkerbell9988 if you know all of number 1 please answer it.......

As for number 4 here are two clues

If every MK/DL has a castle then theoreticcly every COT should have a ___________

I am really surprised no one has found the other main proposed icon, I even told you all the book it was in, well here is a clue; take the centerpeice for Walt's EPCOT and bring the top to a point.

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Originally posted by fridgepoliceman
Experimental Prototype?

The Castle at MK is to the __________ at EPCOT

So if every MK/DL has a castle than every COT(EPCOT or WestCOT) should have a _________ as it's centerpeice

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Close enough for me, yes WestCot was alos supposed to have a geodesicsphere as it's centerpeice, except it's would have been gold not silver.

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Correct-o-mundo

It's a real pitty those neve got built, I think they would have been really cool resorts

The only thing left is the 2nd 1/2 of number 4, here is the clue again.

Take the centerpeice of Walt's EPCOT(aka Progress City, aka Project X) and then take the top of it to a point and you get a_________

Close enough for me, yes WestCot was alos supposed to have a geodesicsphere as it's centerpeice, except it's would have been gold not silver.

That would be...... AWESOME!!! I want a gold geodesic sphere

Katherine

Correct-o-mundo

It's a real pitty those neve got built, I think they would have been really cool resorts

The only thing left is the 2nd 1/2 of number 4, here is the clue again.

Take the centerpeice of Walt's EPCOT(aka Progress City, aka Project X) and then take the top of it to a point and you get a_________
Pyramid?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom