LOST Discussion Thread

Gucci65

mousermerf said:
Well, that explains how he knew Liddy..

Did I blink and miss something? Please explain.

Oh and can I vent????? Sawyer hooking up with Ana Lucia - ewwwww. All the women on the island and he hooks up with her - Yuck, nasty.

Shocking ending!!!!!

Shaman

Very interesting episode last night....I don't know what to think though....everything that happened seemed to come out of no where....

I liked Ana Lucia....
I think Libby survives....why kill her off now, we don't even know her story....

stranger

Michael? In Cahoots with the Others?

Or he saw an opportunity to rouse the crowd to go out and hunt the Others, and he was desperate enough to do it. It seemed like a spur of the moment plan.

The lead-up to the finale is big...I hope the payoff this year is better than last.

Since1976

Yikes! In a way this episode was as much the death of Michael as it was Ana Lucia.

(On repeated viewing, I believe Libby survived -- though I was just as shocked and saddened when she got shot).

Michael is a changed person as of this episode, and it's unlikely he will be able to redeem himself and return to being the good guy he was when the show started. In that sense, his character died. I'm curious to see how his relationship with Jin will change after all this blows over -- if Michael even survives the Losties-Others conflict they are hinting at.

Shaman

Since1976 said:
Yikes! In a way this episode was as much the death of Michael as it was Ana Lucia.

(On repeated viewing, I believe Libby survived -- though I was just as shocked and saddened when she got shot).

Michael is a changed person as of this episode, and it's unlikely he will be able to redeem himself and return to being the good guy he was when the show started. In that sense, his character died. I'm curious to see how his relationship with Jin will change after all this blows over -- if Michael even survives the Losties-Others conflict they are hinting at.

I don't think so....Michael wants his kid back...they probably manipulated him into doing what he did so he could get them back or something...

I keep wondering, though, if perhaps there aren't more than two groups on the island.

MissM

mousermerf said:
Well, that explains how he knew Liddy..
Er.. no. The character's name is LiBBy not LiDDy. It was revealed in the episode, "Dave" that Libby was in the mental hospital with Hurley. That's where he knows her from but doesn't remember. (And she's doing everything possile to keep him from remembering including making up a story about him stepping on her foot on the plane.)

Image: http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x18/crazyLibby.jpg
But then, it is revealed, in a last flashback...that, seeing the mental hospital again with Dr. Brooks taking pictures of Hurley and 'Dave', Libbey is there, too, watching them and getting medicaments...
Hurley's Wikipedia page
Now on the redesigned Hanso Foundation website, they list a "Liddy" on the board of directors. No photo, no info. Which of course is attention-getting.
-m

Since1976

Shaman said:
I keep wondering, though, if perhaps there aren't more than two groups on the island.

I've thought this as well. Perhaps it's the Losties, the Others, and the Dharma Initiative people (of whom Zeke -- the guy with the fake beard -- is really a part). Perhaps the Others do not even realize that there are Dharma scientists undercover among them.

I'm interested to find out whether the Others are integral to solving the mysteries of the island, or whether they are simply stranded survivors in the same situation as the Losties.

WDW Kip

WHAT??!!

That's all my wife could say over and over again after tonight's new episode. I have no idea what's going on on this show anymore. I guess we can assume that Michael is one of the Others now in some capacity, or at least doing dirty work for them so he can get Walt back, but I guess we'll have to find another piece of that next week.

I guess I don't have a big problem with Anna-Lucia being shot and killed during this episode. Her back story was kind of sewn up nicely, and she seemed to had made her peace with her past (plus I didn't really like the character, but that's beside the point). My big problem with tonight's episode is whether or not Libby is dead. I really hope not, since we haven't seen any of her back story yet, and she was just getting interesting.

I have no idea where this is all going, but it's getting crazier every minute. I don't know if I can handle Michael being brainwashed by the Others yet, but I guess I don't have a choice in the matter. Once again, this show threw me for a loop just when I was gaining clarity. TV shouldn't be this good. :)

Since1976

What I love about LOST is that the very structure of the show allows for dead characters to return in flashback form. So, while Ana, Boone, and Shannon are dead, we will likely continue to see them again in other survivors' flashbacks (Boone has already appeared). There are still a couple dozen Losties we haven't gotten to know, so it is possible any number of them unknowingly crossed paths with these now deceased characters.

It would be funny if a dead Lostie ended up having more screentime in flashbacks than on the island...Well, there was the Air Marshal...

speck76

Original Poster
Only 4 more hours of Lost until September :(

It looks like it will be a crazy finish to the season.

Episode 2.21: ?
Mr. Eko enlists Locke to help find a secret location he believes houses answers to the island's mysteries. Meanwhile, Jack and the other survivors struggle to cope with the horrific situation in the hatch
Airdate: May 10, 2006

Episode 2.22: Three Minutes
A determined Michael convinces Jack and several castaways to help him rescue Walt from "The Others." Meanwhile, Charlie struggles with Eko's decision to discontinue building the church
Airdate: May 17, 2006

Episode 2.23/2.24: Live Together, Die Alone (2-hour season finale)
After discovering something odd just offshore, Jack and Sayid come up with a plan to confront "The Others" and hopefully get Walt back. Meanwhile, Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the "button" and the hatch
Airdate: May 24, 2006 from 9 to 11 p.m.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom