LOST Discussion Thread

cherrynegra

Um, Speck, I think if you want to use spoilers you could use white color for the test and people will have to highlight the portions in white if they want to read them. Or am I crazy?

YAYYY!! It worked!! Is that what you were trying to do? :wave:

speck76

Original Poster
cherrynegra said:
Um, Speck, I think if you want to use spoilers you could use white color for the test and people will have to highlight the portions in white if they want to read them. Or am I crazy?

YAYYY!! It worked!! Is that what you were trying to do? :wave:

Some sites use "spoiler tags", which black out the area and text. Since not everyone uses the same color background here, I am not sure the white text would work.
Click this link if you want to see what I am talking about.

http://www.thefuselage.com/threaded/index.php?topic=2893.0

cherrynegra

Ah yes. That was the effect I was going with. It seemed to work last night when I used white text. But now in the light of morning I can still see the black text. Oh, well.

Atta83

WOW what an episode was tonight!!! This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.....
And now watching these previews and why cant they just be on all the time......
What do you guys think is in the capsule.???

AliciaLuvzDizne

Legacy said:
Well, I saw my first episode of Lost tonight... and I have almost no idea as to what is going on.
tonight's episode was my 3rd...while i dont understand the BIG story or any of the history, each week seems to be a mini story of sorts...im interested enough to stick with it for a while. my mom went to abc.com to read all the updates...i dont think im THAT interestd though :D

dreamteacher

I have no Ideal exect maybe and I dout it where the vicums are

Atta83 said:
WOW what an episode was tonight!!! This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.....
And now watching these previews and why cant they just be on all the time......
What do you guys think is in the capsule.???

speck76

Original Poster
AliciaLuvzDizne said:
tonight's episode was my 3rd...while i dont understand the BIG story or any of the history, each week seems to be a mini story of sorts...im interested enough to stick with it for a while. my mom went to abc.com to read all the updates...i dont think im THAT interestd though :D

Check out ABC.com.....not only do they have GREAT recaps of each episode, but they also have a diary (not Claire's diary) written by a character that we have yet to see, which gives clues and other info.

Slipknot

tonights episode was just... wow. The fact that they could have taken this with the monster in the jungle plot, but chose to keep that a secret this long is perfect. All anyone (us viewers) has seen was a very blurry shadow of it. I love a good mystery and this is shaping up to be one helluva drama/mystery!!!! I can't wait till next week!!!!!!!!!

SpectroMan

Static-X said:
tonights episode was just... wow. The fact that they could have taken this with the monster in the jungle plot, but chose to keep that a secret this long is perfect. All anyone (us viewers) has seen was a very blurry shadow of it. I love a good mystery and this is shaping up to be one helluva drama/mystery!!!! I can't wait till next week!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think they could have easily shown a monster in this past episode. Remember, Boone was dreaming it all up. They could have shown a monster that would be nothing like the actual monster. I think I would have done it just to play with people's minds.

AliciaLuvzDizne

cool...thanks for the tip!

this is a pretty well thought out series...so far. I agree with those who say that the result could make or break this show!
which reminds me...4400?? (im going to post in that thread...)

Slipknot

After tonights episode, anyone else catch how Walt is special.

Well, he was reading a book about birds and a bird plowed into the window. Then his dad threw that comic book into the fire with a polar bear in it and a polar bear attacked Walt. :lookaroun CREEPY!!!!!!!!!

GoofBall06

That was creepy! in fact, i think the first time the polar bear came, Walt was reading the comic book too. ( i think he was reading it the first day they crashed). i could be wrong though.

imagineer99

I've never seen a whole episode...(I'm really bad about watching tv series on a regular basis)

Frankly, I just wonder how they can keep this show going for more than a couple seasons. Eventually they will have to spill the beans on all the little mysteries. Then, what are they going to do?

FYI, I was reading Entertainment Weekly. They outline the most popular "twist" theories of the series. Here they are (from and IMDB.COM Post):

"I Think I Know What Happens!!"--Some Commonly Discussed Theories

The survivors were all killed in the crash, and the island is some form of purgatory.

One of the more common theories around Lostralia. EW gives it a probability rating of 4 (out of 5). Nothing can be confirmed or denied, but as you'll see in a quote from J.J. Abrams, this theory doesn't seem to hold. "Perhaps they're all dead, but it isn't purgatory for everyone. It's heaven for some and hell for others," says Terry O' Quinn, who plays Locke. "That's a cool theory, but there are people who died on the plane, so it'd have to be a qualified purgatory," says creator and writer J.J. Abrams.

There was only one survivor--Jack, maybe--and the island is all a dream. The other survivors represent aspects of his personality.

Now, I haven't heard of this idea very much. I don't think it was even discussed in detail on these boards. EW gives it a probability rating of 2. This isn't the greatest idea in the world, and Jorge Garcia ("Hurley") agrees, he says, "It would bum me out if it was someone's imagination. It'd be like, 'Aw, you ruined it!'" Co-creator Damon Lindelof presents an entirely different point of view though, if sarcastically, "That theory is entirely correct, and that character is J.J. Abrams."

The island is a giant lab for mad scientist experimenting, thus explaining Lostzilla and his animal pals.

This has been discussed in detail around these parts, look a while back, and you might be able to find some of this stuff. I would definitely consider this a possibility. EW gives it a probability rating of 3. Evangeline Lilly (Kate) says, "I've considered the possibilty there is secret-government stuff going on." Abrams gives us a possible spoiler here, "It's a piece of a much bigger picture. It's not the big answer."

A major disaster has turned the world upside-down, killing the entire world population, and leaving just these survivors.

Yet another theory that has been discussed around here, though not nearly as much as the purgatory and scientist theories. This has a EW probability rating of 4. Matthew Fox really seems to like the idea, saying, "Wow, the dawn of a new civilization. I don't really think that's the case, but I like it." Lindelof doesn't confirm or deny anything, but simply says, "This is absolutely a possibility. What's amazing is we can do an entire season without answering what happened in the outside world."

Aliens crashed the plane, and took the survivors back to their home planet. Now the survivors are in a zoo-like habitat, and the aliens are simply screwing with them.

Not something that has been discussed much around here. I don't consider this a possibility at all, but you never know. EW gives this a probability rating of 2. Ian Somerhalder (Boone) simply comments on this theory by saying, "No." Lindelof says, "Isn't that an episode of The Outer Limits? I would just say: Don't feed the Kate."

Since I don't watch the show, I can't say which one seems most probable.

The problem is the producers/writers KNOW that people are expecting a big twist. It's gonna be hard to impress and satisfy everybody.:)

Slipknot

I'm thinking that Walt may have had something to do with the crash. He was reading about birds and tried telling his mom and brian about it, they weren't listening, he got upset that they weren't paying attention to him, and the bird came out of nowhere. Then his dad ticked him off by throwing the comic in the fire while it was on the page with the polar bear. What was he reading when the plane went down.. or could he have been asleep and dreaming?? :lookaroun

In the words of his step-dad: "He's special." But what else is he capable of??

Atta83

And notice how his step-dad brian didnt go into detail about it. I mean it was just to odd about the bird and then the polar bear.

I think next week is going to be good. I think there are other ppl on the island just not the plane survivors. I mean seeing the previews next week and Claire comes back, I think something happend, it didnt look like she was pregnant anymore. But then again I guess we will have to wait till next week.

cherrynegra

Wait!! Is it me or is next week a rerun? It looked like scenes from an episode I've already seen. Great. Now Walt may have some type of power where he's able to make things happen to get people's attention. But he couldn't have conjured up the polar bear because this isn't the first time the bear has made an appearance. Did he conjure it up the first time? And please don't tell me that Claire returns without her child. Tonight's episode was especially creepy.

Slipknot

cherrynegra said:
But he couldn't have conjured up the polar bear because this isn't the first time the bear has made an appearance. Did he conjure it up the first time?

Does anyone remember if he was reading/looking at pictures or sleeping at the time the first one showed up???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom