looks like fastpass if going to change!!!

t_zeke77

Original Poster
well i just got done reading jim hills article on the changes to fastpass, http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1449 . Looks like its not going to be free anymore to the general public sometime in 2007. First its going to start out as a V.I.P. and that person will pay top dollar for the fastpass and then people staying in the high end hotels on property will get to get fastpasses. Sounds like big changes ahead for fastpasses. Lets have some fun with this one!!! The floor is open!!!!

The_CEO

This is coming from the same guy who predicted Everest to have MAJOR downtime before it is even operational....

Sounds like he gets bored and writes...

perculata

The_CEO said:
This is coming from the same guy who predicted Everest to have MAJOR downtime before it is even operational....

Sounds like he gets bored and writes...

I'm not tryin to back Jim up at all, but to think that Everst will run smoothly when it first opnes is a joke. With something this big and advanced, one must expect that it will take time to break in. I doubt that extremely significant breakdowns will occur, but the first month or two of soft openings will probably be accompanied with significant delays due to ride malfunctions. Any time a park adds a new E-ticket ride there is almost always downtime, even with Disney. So stop getting your expectations up so high and realize that nothing new is perfect (ala DME).

Sir Hiss527

Well I don't know this Jim Hill guy, but he doesn't sound very trustworthy. But I really don't see this ever happening...due to the fact that Disney would probablly lose a lot of guests.

The_CEO

perculata said:
I'm not tryin to back Jim up at all, but to think that Everst will run smoothly when it first opnes is a joke. With something this big and advanced, one must expect that it will take time to break in. I doubt that extremely significant breakdowns will occur, but the first month or two of soft openings will probably be accompanied with significant delays due to ride malfunctions. Any time a park adds a new E-ticket ride there is almost always downtime, even with Disney. So stop getting your expectations up so high and realize that nothing new is perfect (ala DME).

I didn't say it won't be having any downtime, but Jim is stating that it will be down for a period of weeks on end... Yes every new ride has malfunctions, but to the extremity that Jim put forth, I don't agree with it.

perculata

The_CEO said:
I didn't say it won't be having any downtime, but Jim is stating that it will be down for a period of weeks on end... Yes every new ride has malfunctions, but to the extremity that Jim put forth, I don't agree with it.

I think you are exaggerating his article. He never mentions weeks and weeks of downtime. All he said is that during the SOFT OPENING phases of the ride, the capacity would be slow because of CM's getting used to the ride and the various glitches that will undoubtedly occur. I understand while some of you have qualms with Jim Hill, he has been wrong a lot in the past. But to simply lie about what he says so you can berate is a little ridiculous.

The_CEO

I was just running on speculation from other board members, so if I heard weeks, and it was wrong, then I appoligise. The point of the matter is Jim Hill stretches his opinions to far. When he does this, in every article, Jim loses his credibility. Or what is left...

tomm4004

The more interesting article is his next one where he shows that it is already in place to a limited degree. It links to an ebay sale of a Disneyland package that includes:

"Four (4) One Day-All Day Disney's FASTPASSES® to enjoy Space Mountain as many times as you wish"

The auction looks legit.

I read an interview with Al Weiss where he talked about this practice maybe coming to WDW.

perculata

Well I guess I just happen to like to read his articles, but soley for entertainment purposes. I mean he's only a columnist, he doesn't work for Disney so everything he says should be taken with a grain of salt. I view his articles the same way I view your guy's posts. I mean if you are offened by him for some reason that's your business, but to get mad at a columnists for writing his or her opinion is foolish. I mean its not like he is anyone official, he's just some guy writing about what he likes.

Iakona

tomm4004 said:
The more interesting article is his next one where he shows that it is already in place to a limited degree. It links to an ebay sale of a Disneyland package that includes:

"Four (4) One Day-All Day Disney's FASTPASSES® to enjoy Space Mountain as many times as you wish"

The auction looks legit.

I read an interview with Al Weiss where he talked about this practice maybe coming to WDW.

DL also has a fastpass related to AAA that WDW does not have. WDW already has something similar. When we were there in January a very nice CM gave my son (because he was wearing his B-day pins) a Rider Switch Pass for the 3 of us and it was good all day long for as many times as we wanted to ride.
I don't think it would be a stretch for them to do that on a larger scale.

Whatever Disney has planned keep in mind that they probably put everything the system can do to into the patent to protect themselves.

Brent

Let me put it this way if any of this is at all true(which I doubt) what for sure isnt that you will have to pay to use fp. Why do I say this? Because Six Flags does this(poorly might i add) Disney will never stoop to the low quality level of sf period.

barnum42

salt%20flats.jpg

KevinPage

The_CEO said:
I was just running on speculation from other board members, so if I heard weeks, and it was wrong, then I appoligise. The point of the matter is Jim Hill stretches his opinions to far. When he does this, in every article, Jim loses his credibility. Or what is left...

As I've had a few back and forth emails with Mr. Hill over the Everest downtime/problems he claims, he seemed insulted that I don't find him credible. He claimed that he was RIGHT about 4 major stories in the past month:

Disney Magazine closing
Disney doing a trip to Nepal/Tibet
and 2 other things I can't remember

So obviously HE at least feels he is very credible :D :D :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Disney hasn't had any fiasco's like Test Track, well, since Test Track.

Jim's implying there will be issues like Test Track - he isn't talking about normal hiccups like Soarin' has had (which hardly anyone noticed) etc.

KevinPage

mousermerf said:
Disney hasn't had any fiasco's like Test Track, well, since Test Track.

Jim's implying there will be issues like Test Track - he isn't talking about normal hiccups like Soarin' has had (which hardly anyone noticed) etc.

True, but he failed to elaborate WHY he really felt that way in his initial Why For.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom