Looking Forward from 1984

Big Pooh

Original Poster
I just love surfing the internet...I find the neatest things. It's a shame I can't share most of the things I find. :zipit: :lookaroun :lol: Here's something I can share. It's page 64 of a WDW 1984 souvenir guide. The last paragraph deals with coming attractions at Epcot. It only took them 19 years to get the Space pavilion open. :animwink: :lol:

http://disney.timetrip.net/wdw-guide-page64.jpg

The rest of the site is at:

http://disney.timetrip.net

Cheers :wave:

kosherkid411

Hmmmm...

Very interesting site. They say that Disney was (or maybe still is) planning a Isreal and Span pavillion. That's kind of cool.

And all from 1984... That was when I was born!

bearboysnc

aw, I came across my original Epcot Record last night. Now this. I'm missin the old school Epcot.

"Take my hand, here we go.... to the Universe of Energy"

kal1484

Originally posted by kosherkid411
Hmmmm...

Very interesting site. They say that Disney was (or maybe still is) planning a Isreal and Span pavillion. That's kind of cool.

And all from 1984... That was when I was born!

YAY FOR 1984!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

Yes, thank you for the link! It is so strange to look at the pictures of Disney Village and see trees in the background where PI and DTD Westside would eventually be!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Another good site is Widen Your World. I got it from Bagheera on another thread, and I fel in love instantly. That guy obviously went to huge lenghts in order to gather all that info, and it sure shows.
Thanks, MK--and Bagheera! What a great site!

Big Pooh

Original Poster
Originally posted by josh_e_washie
Thank you so much for the link!!! It is so interesting to see how everything has evolved over the years!!:)

It's been 8 years since I went to WDW for the 1st time. It's amazing how much the resort has evolved in less than a decade, much less the 32 years since MK opened.

Cheers :wave:

JaynMACP96_97_9

Originally posted by kosherkid411
They say that Disney was (or maybe still is) planning a Isreal and Span pavillion. That's kind of cool.

During the Millenium Celebration at EPCOT, there was a large tent built between the UK and Canada that housed additional cultural experiences. There was a pretty large section devoted to Israel, complete with its own short film.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by JaynMACP96_97_9
During the Millenium Celebration at EPCOT, there was a large tent built between the UK and Canada that housed additional cultural experiences. There was a pretty large section devoted to Israel, complete with its own short film.

You mean the Millenium Village? If so, Brazil had a pretty big stand there too, including a little film, which only helped reinforce the stereotypes the world has about us. But in the end, a new pavillion requires major investment from the invited country. So I'd see Spain, doing it, but not Israel (or Brazil, for that matter!).

JaynMACP96_97_9

Originally posted by MKCustodial
You mean the Millenium Village? If so, Brazil had a pretty big stand there too, including a little film, which only helped reinforce the stereotypes the world has about us. But in the end, a new pavillion requires major investment from the invited country. So I'd see Spain, doing it, but not Israel (or Brazil, for that matter!).

Yeah :D

Or the looped videos on El Rio del Tiempo that make Mexico look like the Playboy grotto with all those hairy-backed Hugh Hefner look-a-likes.
hanging out by the edge-of-the-pool bars.

I was an international affairs undergrad and focused on latin american politics. I wish any of those countries would be added to the countries in the world showcase.

Bagheera

Originally posted by SpongeScott
Thanks, MK--and Bagheera! What a great site!

My pleasure! I love the WYW site. I use it occasionally as reference material, along with other sites, when writing articles for MousePlanet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom