Looking for some ideas of some non-park fun!

courty

So me and my sister are flying down to WDW a few days before the rest of the family and our package does not start right away...so therefore no themeparks for a few days. This is trip #5 so im not a complete newbie but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or personal faves of things to do outside the themeparks...we are planning La Nouba one night for sure...Any other thought/ ideas would be fantastic!
Thanks Guys!!

Dwarful

We like to visit some of the other resorts and play mini-golf. This year we are going to try out the water parks and Disney Quest for the first time.

Upvote 0

raven

We always rent a couple of Sea Racers on our trips. They have more areas to explore if you rent them at the Poly, Grand, Contemp or FWL.

Also on our last trip in April we went horseback riding at the Triple D Ranch. We got an 8:30AM reservation and saw many deer on the 45 minute trail. It's very quiet and relaxing as well.

Upvote 0

SiriusBlack

We like to visit some of the other resorts and play mini-golf. This year we are going to try out the water parks and Disney Quest for the first time.

I agree. If there are some resorts you have never stayed at/been to this is a great option. It is free to simply take the Disney Transportation to another resort(though it can be time consuming) and you get to see the amazing theming of Disney. Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge are a couple great resorts to visit. You can wear a bathing suit there, swim a bit, and grab a bite to eat. A fun day away from the parks:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

How about a spa visit at SSR or GF. Mini-golf is fun and if you go resort hopping it's a short walk from BWV to Fantasia Gardens. Try the gospel brunch at House of Blues on Sunday mornings. That was a blast! As said before, the mouse boats give you a chance to go exploring from a different perspective. If you want to splurge on a cab, go to the outlets!

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Could you get a rental car for a couple days and check out Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Sea World?

If you're looking for something low budget, get a Hidden Mickeys book and find all the Hidden Mickeys in the resorts. I'm sure you could make a whole day out of that, and have some awesome meals while you're at it.

Make sure to spend an evening at the Boardwalk watching the street performers. And another evening on the Polynesian beach watching the fireworks. You could also do the Hoop De Doo or Spirit of Aloha dinner shows.

Upvote 0

yankspy

We have a bit of a tradition of renting sea racers from the WL and then eating lunch at WC. After eating a huge meal we will take a nice walk along the path from the WL to Fort Wilderness. Another one you could do at night is watch the Electrical water paegent from one of the MK hotels. It is not much but it is a cute show. You also might want to check out AC in PI before it closes.

Upvote 0

AEfx

Go to one of the monorail resorts for something to eat (quick service counts too, LOL), park there (since you are eating and all ;) ) and then take the monorail to the TTC to watch Wishes free of charge at the Ferryboat dock. You can even hear the music from there, and to be honest it's one of the best views you will find in-park or not.

AEfx

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

There's also a huge movie complex at Downtown Disney.

The water parks, four minature golf courses (there are also a number of large golf courses if you play). Disney Quest. You've mentioned Cirque already. There are fishing excursions, water ski excursions, parasailing excursions.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

Figure out when "Ye Haa" Bob Jackson is playing over at Port Orleans Riverside and go see his show. It's at the lounge there. The show itself is free. You can buy drinks if you want to. He plays piano, sings and is VERY entertaining. Great music and lots of laughs. He's not to be missed.

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

If you want to do something different go to Old Town on SR192 you can bungee jump,get shot up in the air in the slingshot(my little 6 year old sister did this!:eek:)and you can walk the shops that kinda have the state fair feel with carnival rides as well.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Figure out when "Ye Haa" Bob Jackson is playing over at Port Orleans Riverside and go see his show. It's at the lounge there. The show itself is free. You can buy drinks if you want to. He plays piano, sings and is VERY entertaining. Great music and lots of laughs. He's not to be missed.
i know, i love the guy are por. i always get dressed up with my parents and go listen to him :)

Upvote 0

courty

Original Poster
wow thanks so much guys...i deffinitly have a few good ideas now! im sure we will be able to pass a few days untill our package starts. I wasnt sure about the pool hoping thing...that sounds like a fantastic day of fun in the sun haha I cant wait...t-41 days :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom