Looking for info on new AP benefits for '05

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
Does anyone have accurate and up-to-date information on what the 2005 Annual Pass benefits will be? I thought they were to be released Jan 2nd.

Also, I purchased my last AP in July. Will my '04 benefits stay until July 05, when I buy my next AP. Or do they just exchange my '04 benefits for the '05 ones as of Jan 2nd? (In other words, are the benefits run by calendar year, or do you keep the benefits you originally signed up for during the entire one year AP period).

Thanks in advance for answers. :)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
PeeplMoovr said:
Does anyone have accurate and up-to-date information on what the 2005 Annual Pass benefits will be? I thought they were to be released Jan 2nd.

Also, I purchased my last AP in July. Will my '04 benefits stay until July 05, when I buy my next AP. Or do they just exchange my '04 benefits for the '05 ones as of Jan 2nd? (In other words, are the benefits run by calendar year, or do you keep the benefits you originally signed up for during the entire one year AP period).

Thanks in advance for answers. :)

What do you mean by benefits. The AP room rates were released yesterday, if thats what you mean. If you are looking for the "this is what you get with your AP", I don't think thats changed.

GymLeaderPhil

I picked up the new Passholder book on Sunday and skimmed over it. Here are all the new additions and changes. ALL OF THE PASSHOLDER BENEFITS FROM 2004 ARE STILL INCLUDED IN 2005 (excluding the National Car Rental Offer) BUT ARE NOT LISTED HERE UNLESS THE OFFER CHANGED. New additions are in red. Changes to existing 2004 offers are in black.

Dining Discounts
Discounts are valid for purchases made by the Passholder only
and valid Pass ID is required for redemption.
Disney Dining Experience
$25 off the regular price of the Disney Dining Experience Membership. Benefits include a 20% discount on all food and beverages at participating Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants and member-only invitations to special food and wine events, winemaker dinners, and celebrity chef dinners. Plus much more. For more information or to purchase the membership at $50 plus tax, call 407-566-5858. Membership benefits are valid for the Passholder and up to 6 guests. Offer is valid for the Passholder only. Certain restrictions might apply.

Downtown Disney Area

(Edit: Both the Portobello Yacht Club and Fulton's Crab House now offer 10% discount on all beverages, which could also mean alcoholic? Every other resturant description specified non-alcoholic, but those two do not)

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop - Downtown Disney Marketplace
10% Discount on all retail items and old fashioned soda fountain creations.

House of Blues - Downtown Disney West Side
20% discount off of food and non-alcoholic beverages daily in the restaurant prior to 4:00 p.m. and 10% discount off after 4:00 p.m. (discount excludes alcohol, applicable tax and gratuity). Valid for the Passholder and up to 5 guests. (See page 13 for the House of Blues merchandise discount)

Wolfgang Puck Express - Downtown Disney Marketplace
10% discount off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax) on breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Valid for the Passholder and up to 3 guests.

MERCHANDISE DISCOUNTS
Merchandise discounts are valid for purchases made by the Passholder only and valid Pass ID is required at time of purchase.

Disney Magazine
Receive 75% off the cover price - that's 50% off the standard subscription rate -when you buy a two-year subscription of Disney Magazine for only $10. To subscribe call 800-833-8734, ext. 4501 and request offer code LWDP1104. This offer is only valid for new and renewing subscribers through January 1, 2006. One subscription per household. Valid Pass ID is required at time of purchase.

Downtown Disney Area

Arribas Brothers - Downtown Disney Marketplace
10% discount off total purchase price of merchandise (subject to certain restrictions, exclusions and/or limitations including, but not limited to, Giuseppe Armani line, Baccarat, Crystal World, Hoya Crystal, Hosta Boda, Lalique Mats Jonasson, Preciosa, Swarovski, The Arribas Collection, and shipping charges).

Basin - Downtown Disney Marketplace
10% discount off select regularly priced merchandise.

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop - Downtown Disney Marketplace
10% Discount on all retail items and old fashioned soda fountain creations.

LEGO Imagination Center - Downtown Disney Marketplace
Recieve $5 off the total purchase price when the total purchase price is $50 or more. This offer cannot be combined with any other coupon or discount offer. The discount is available at the LEGO Imagination Center Orlando, only.

Starabilias - Downtown Disney West Side
10% discount off all gift and novelty items.

Virgin Megastore - Downtown Disney West Side
10% discount off total purchase. Must present valid Pass at time of purchase. Discount valid only at Virgin Megastore Downtown Disney West Side. Not valid on virginmega.com or at airport locations. Excludes personal audio, DVD players, interactive software, and accessories, game hardware, Gift cards, Virgin Mobile Top-Up Cards.

SPORTS AND RECREATION DISCOUNTS
The Spa and Health Club at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
10% discount off the regular price of one spa treatment each visit for the Passholder. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 407-827-4455.
TICKET DISCOUNTS
Discounts are valid for purchases made by the Passholder only
and valid Pass ID is required.

AMC Theatres Pleasure Island 24
Receive $2 off adult evening admission price 7 days a week after 6:00 p.m. Offer is valid for the Passholder only and not valid with any other offer or discount.

Specially Ticketed Magic Kingdom Park Events
25% discount for the following specially ticked events at the Magic Kingdom Park: Night of Joy, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Discount is only available on selected nights, based on a limited availability, and applies to "Day-Of" admission price (does not apply to "Advance Sales" admission price) for these specially ticketed events. The Passholder may purchase up to a total of 4 discount tickets. For specially ticketed event dates and prices, visit disneyworld.com/passholder beginning June 5, 2005.

TOURS AND EXPERIENCES
For infomation and reservations call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687)
Valid for the Passholder only. Valid Pass ID and advance reservation required.
Epcot
  • Around the World at Epcot (Segway Tour - age 16 and older)
Magic Kingdom
  • Mickey's Magical Milestones (age 10 and older)

colliera

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the time and effort to post this information. I'm going back in 18 days and am in serious planning phase. I called the Passholder phone number but I think I was diverted to a regular ressie agent. All she wanted to talk about was the Magic Your Way tickets. (What do I need a MYW if I am a Passholder)? Still waiting on online Guest Relations to answer my email.

Good effort on your part which is much appreciated. :sohappy:

wannabeBelle

colliera said:
Thanks for the time and effort to post this information. I'm going back in 18 days and am in serious planning phase. I called the Passholder phone number but I think I was diverted to a regular ressie agent. All she wanted to talk about was the Magic Your Way tickets. (What do I need a MYW if I am a Passholder)? Still waiting on online Guest Relations to answer my email.

Good effort on your part which is much appreciated. :sohappy:
That is hilarious!!! Thanks for the good chuckle in the morning!!!!!! Actually the passholder number normally does re-route you to regular CRO. Everytime I have called it for whatever, it has. I thought that was kinda silly to have a separate number if all it is going to do is put you back into the same phone line wait as everyone else?? Belle

AEfx

wannabeBelle said:
I thought that was kinda silly to have a separate number if all it is going to do is put you back into the same phone line wait as everyone else?? Belle

I thought the same, but from talking to agents I believe it gets us in the queue earlier, and lets them know we don't need the newbie-hand holding. Once I accidentally pushed whatever button was for "new" visitor, and the information that shows up on their screen to tell you "X restaurant is in X-park, and requires admission..." etc. They system lets them know you are an AP holder when you call.

I also usually get through much more quickly on the passholder line.

:)

As to the changes, I'm SO pleased about the hard-ticket and movie discounts. UO has always done the movie discount, and I'm glad WDW is now too. And I'm tickled to death about the MNSSHP/VMCP tickets - up to four as well! Yes, you have to buy them day-of, but often times I'll buy one set of dates ahead of time, and add more nights when I arrive if I feel like it. I'll definately take advantage of that.

AEfx

brkgnews

GymLeaderPhil said:
Specially Ticketed Magic Kingdom Park Events
25% discount for the following specially ticked events at the Magic Kingdom Park: Night of Joy, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Discount is only available on selected nights, based on a limited availability, and applies to "Day-Of" admission price (does not apply to "Advance Sales" admission price) for these specially ticketed events. The Passholder may purchase up to a total of 4 discount tickets. For specially ticketed event dates and prices, visit disneyworld.com/passholder beginning June 5, 2005.

OK -- dorky, overly analytical question here... Does that mean that

A) You can only buy the tickets on the day that you want to attend.

Or...

B) You can buy ahead of time, but your discount will be taken from the full price rather than the early price.

It's the phrase "admission price" that is making me take a look at this. Maybe I'm just overly-analyzing it, but it doesn't say specifically that you cannot purchase in advance, just that your 25% discount comes off the main price rather than the early price. Perhaps its just wishful thinking.

s25843

brkgnews said:
OK -- dorky, overly analytical question here... Does that mean that

A) You can only buy the tickets on the day that you want to attend.

Or...

B) You can buy ahead of time, but your discount will be taken from the full price rather than the early price.

It's the phrase "admission price" that is making me take a look at this. Maybe I'm just overly-analyzing it, but it doesn't say specifically that you cannot purchase in advance, just that your 25% discount comes off the main price rather than the early price. Perhaps its just wishful thinking.

B..

DisneyWorld30th

GymLeaderPhil said:
Disney Dining Experience
$25 off the regular price of the Disney Dining Experience Membership. Benefits include a 20% discount on all food and beverages at participating Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants and member-only invitations to special food and wine events, winemaker dinners, and celebrity chef dinners. Plus much more. For more information or to purchase the membership at $50 plus tax, call 407-566-5858. Membership benefits are valid for the Passholder and up to 6 guests. Offer is valid for the Passholder only. Certain restrictions might apply.
[/list]

I believe this is for Florida Residents only!!!

Also, the 25% off special ticketed events may be for Florida Residents only as well (not 100% sure!)

Mom's the word

GymLeaderPhil a thousand thanks, I was checking every day to try to find out about new benefits. Does anyone know for sure whether or not the Disney Dining Experience is for Florida residents only? Sounds like a great option, DH and I are serious DW restaurant fans.

s25843

Mom's the word said:
GymLeaderPhil a thousand thanks, I was checking every day to try to find out about new benefits. Does anyone know for sure whether or not the Disney Dining Experience is for Florida residents only? Sounds like a great option, DH and I are serious DW restaurant fans.

Yes, its for FL residents only...

moonmom

NOT for Fl residents only!

I just ordered the DDE cards. You no longer have to be a FL resident; just an AP holder! The phone number is (407) 566-5858. They are there until 6pm EST (i think). You can get 2 cards for $50. It takes 4-6 weeks to get but they will e-mail you a letter to use in its place if needed! GREAT deal!

AEfx

moonmom said:
I just ordered the DDE cards. You no longer have to be a FL resident; just an AP holder! The phone number is (407) 566-5858. They are there until 6pm EST (i think). You can get 2 cards for $50. It takes 4-6 weeks to get but they will e-mail you a letter to use in its place if needed! GREAT deal!

Yes, it is true - Belle confirmed it yesterday as well!

However, before I call - I was going to wait, but it seems like the "cool" thing to do, LOL - what's with the 2 cards? Does that mean I can get a card in someone else's name, even if they don't have an AP?

AEfx

moonmom

2 cards...

AEfx: I would assume (uh ohhh) the other cardholder needs an AP to use the card. They asked if i wanted another and of course i said sure! It doesn't have to be a spouse or anything.....

AEfx

moonmom said:
AEfx: I would assume (uh ohhh) the other cardholder needs an AP to use the card. They asked if i wanted another and of course i said sure! It doesn't have to be a spouse or anything.....

Very interesting... :)

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom