looking for info on DisneyQuest

hrmom26

hello all, i am trying to plan my first night . i have rheumatoid arthritis so after a long day traveling i am going to be tired i planned on going to dtd having dinner, my kids (19 and 16) will most likely be raring to go. i remembered that (i think) you get 2 free tickets to disneyquest with your welcome kit. this seems to be a perfect solution for me my kids can go there and have fun (they love arcades) and i can relax back at the resort (maybe the pool if i'm lucky)

i have never been to DQ so i'm just looking for a quick run down , will the kids need a ton of $$? or are the games included with admission? is it fun? did you love it? or not worth the time?

thanks
heather

epcot2004

We have been to DQ 2 or 3 times but our most recent trip there was several years ago. I love it, my wife can take it or leave it. Our trips are never longer than 1 week and it just does not make it into our regular plans but is always a rainy day option. Sorry I was not more help. There is a part of me that wishes they continued to build these all over the country as originaly planned but that is another discussion for another day.

Upvote 0

BrianV

We have never received free tickets to disney quest when staying on site. It is not cheap, something like $40/pp. if you buy water parks and more option, you can use one of your water parks and more tickets to enter.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I don't think DQ is included unless you use it as one of your "more" with the water parks and more kind of ticket. Once you're in DQ there's no more money needed unless you want food or something. DQ isn't so much of an arcade as it is a homage to 1990s style virtual reality games. There is a section with traditional arcade games. DQ is fun the first one or two times you go. After that it's boring. Definitely better with a group but not necessarily required. You're kids are kind of on the older side so they might think it's dated (which it is) or they might be able to appreciate it for what it is.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Ah ha. I haven't done a MYW package in ages so I wasn't aware. Once inside there really isn't any need for money. If admission is included with your package and you really want a night off, send the kids. It'll get rid of them for awhile and I'm sure they will find at least a few things to keep them entertained.

Upvote 0

WDWFan_Boston

We have been to DQ 2 or 3 times but our most recent trip there was several years ago. I love it, my wife can take it or leave it. Our trips are never longer than 1 week and it just does not make it into our regular plans but is always a rainy day option. Sorry I was not more help. There is a part of me that wishes they continued to build these all over the country as originaly planned but that is another discussion for another day.

I know that when we book through AAA we get two free vouchers (one of the few real perks that they still offer over other TA's).

Welllll - you asked. All personal opinion...

DQ isn't even worth the WALK to DQ. To us, it's an outdated warehouse of circa 1985 video games. If it caught fire? We would not be at all upset, as long as everyone got out OK....

Well...DQ has some problems, but to say its an "outdated warehouse of circa 1985 video games" is not even close to truthful. Disney has not put the attention or upkeep into the property that it deserves (especially at $40 a head). However, if you have kids, they will very likely enjoy it. I hope I'm not at DisneyQuest the next time @Trotsky the arsonist walks by!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loriloughs

We went to DQ once about 7 years ago when our daughter was 10. A couple things were fun, but for the most part it was dated and boring. We are going to Disney in a few weeks and got those vouchers for 2 free passes to DQ. We also got vouchers for 2 free rounds of miniature golf. In my humble opinion that may not take as much time as DQ, but it's more fun. Especially Winterland/Summerland. Hope this helps. Have a magical vacation!

Upvote 0

cw1982

I didn't go, but we did get vouchers in our coupon book that came with our Magic Your Way package. So you should definitely be getting the vouchers.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

lol you guys are to funny, well since it's free i am definitely having them give it a shot and if they don't like it no harm

Its noisy, crowded and stories of games... mass pandemonium in a building, nothing I want to do again :banghead:. But it's everything your teens will probably have a blast doing. And its free for them to do? Win / Win situation for you. You get to relax, the teens get to play and have fun with lots of other teens. Yeah sounds like a plan to me. ;) While they are away you get recharged for the next days fun. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom