"Look Inside Banksy’s Creepy Disney-Inspired Amusement Park"

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Original Poster
Saw this new article on BuzzFeed today. This is in England and thought this was pretty interesting, creepy but interesting. Lol The exhibit is described as an amusement park that is the nightmare version of Disney World.
So much creepier than the fake photos of an abandoned WDW that have gone around the Internet for a while.
:cyclops::bored::eek:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisoncaporimo/creepy-creepy#.tc4N7OlRE

grim-grinning_toast

This is so groundbreaking, to have a secret project like this and so many important artists involved is incredible. I do wonder about the copyright infringement, though, and if Disney will retaliate in any way. Banksy is one of the most well known artists of the 21st century, so I'm sure this is going to have A LOT of visitors. As an art lover, I really appreciate this piece. As a Disney lover, I still appreciate it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It is pretty neat and all... But why would anyone particularly want to visit this depressing waste-land?? Unless they're a true fan of the artists..

EDIT: I take that back... Some pretty awesome pictures for Facebook would be cool to get.

grim-grinning_toast

It is pretty neat and all... But why would anyone particularly want to visit this depressing waste-land?? Unless they're a true fan of the artists..

EDIT: I take that back... Some pretty awesome pictures for Facebook would be cool to get.

Banksy and Damien Hirst and two of the most well-known controversial artists of our time. This is going to attract a LOT of people, and bring in a lot of money. This is a pretty good article about it, and gives the artists a little more background.
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/tra...eet-artist-banksys-strange-theme-park-n413266

thomas998

This is so groundbreaking, to have a secret project like this and so many important artists involved is incredible. I do wonder about the copyright infringement, though, and if Disney will retaliate in any way. Banksy is one of the most well known artists of the 21st century, so I'm sure this is going to have A LOT of visitors. As an art lover, I really appreciate this piece. As a Disney lover, I still appreciate it.
I don't think Disney can legally retaliate, The closest thing they got to infringement would have been the little mermaid statue and it would be protected under fair use.... Not to mention when you consider Bansky started out as a graffiti artist I doubt he would care whether he was sued or not.... any letters the Disney lawyers might send his way would likely get turned into something else that would upset Disney even more.

LauraRose

I live in England and this has been everywhere I look the past few days. It's creative and a good idea and many people seem really interested in it! Not my cup of tea though

wdwfan4ver

T I do wonder about the copyright infringement, though, and if Disney will retaliate in any way. Banksy is one of the most well known artists of the 21st century, so I'm sure this is going to have A LOT of visitors.
I don't think Disney can do anything. My reasoning is no one in the media gave out the identity of Banksy without it being an internet hoax. What is known about Banksy is the hometown being Bristol, England.

That means Disney really can't sue this person since Banksy isn't really the persons name. All is known is Banksy got his or her start as a graffiti artist in 1990-1994 time period without giving out their legal name due to graffiti being a crime.

Last edited:

NonnaT

Aaaa-May-Zing!!! I so wish I had been in NYC the day a rep for Banksy's art was selling some of his stuff on Columbus circle as "street art"! Nobody picked up on it and originals were selling for peanuts. (Under $100 bucks). This display is mind blowing! I wish I could actually go and see it.

DarthGrady

A theme park that mocks the artificially sweet, superficial nature of theme parks? As a cynical and sarcastic Disney fan (to be accurate, mostly just EPCOT Center), I love seeing a sardonic counterpoint like this. I say good job sir.

Next up: An ocean-based "land park" where orca handlers keep humans in tiny pens for their entire lives, feeding them only enough to coax their performance in live shows! Then, watch their befuddled reaction when said humans turn out to be inexplicably insane!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom